Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 22, 2020 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A very lighthearted episode with the usual cast hanging out. The little tea party they have together is a chance to get to know each other more.

In particular, Shenlin Kuo had more screen time with her character. I think this show is trying to flesh out the main cast as much as possible. I kinda like her character, seems like she's the type that is open minded with confidence.
Oct 22, 2020 10:52 AM

Apr 2010
That blond girl with the black cat was funny the gap was expected tho.
Especially when the cat appeared.

The other characters looked ok but i wonder how this group will do.

I also wonder why they are all using Nokia's 3310 those phones are ancient.
Oct 22, 2020 7:12 PM

Apr 2008
Laughed a lot at Tazusa (the girl with cat) thinking she's the same voice as BanG Dream's Chuchu.
Yu Ri
  x
yu ri
Lily doesn't think of it that much but she really hits the jackpot with her first friends Kaede and Fumi (the local journalist, character database and Assault Lily Twitter account admin).

They can throw it at the Huge and it's the Huge who got damaged.

Also, representative of Vietnam, because that's where Azone is producing the doll costumes.
nseikaOct 22, 2020 7:18 PM
Oct 22, 2020 8:04 PM

Jul 2017
Another Schutzengel partner...and it's Wang Yujia and Kuo Shenlin. The tea party sure acquints them together with the building large cast going forward.

Riri is STILL infatuated by Yuyu...and the rumour of them being a Yuri couple sure does not fit with her hidden personality well.
nseika said:
Yu Ri
  x
yu ri
The naming convention though...

Still trying to flesh the world-building with the many characters, and that's A-OK for now, while being light-hearted at the same time. Tazuya is gap moe with the black cat moments, and Riri and Fumi going around forming their small legion group for fighting against the Huges.

nseika said:

@Aversa I'd thought they'd update with the modern 3310s but nope. Ancient figures are they. @nseika hope this stays true to the calling.

Still an OK episode, and reaffirmation of the relationship between partners, not like it's a bad thing. No THICC shots this episode...
KANLen09Oct 23, 2020 7:32 PM
Oct 22, 2020 8:19 PM

Apr 2008
The naming convention is terrible and screams chuuni with either ridiculous kanji combination or intentionally uncommon reading.

Actually surprised they produce anime of this. Thought it would just be a fan service anime (as in affirmation to those who are already collecting the dolls)

Yujia and Shenlin are just roommates if I’m not mistaken. Not official partners like Lily and Yuyu.
Oct 23, 2020 6:29 AM
Dec 2017
So an actual plot of the show is going to appear soon (i hope that conversation in the end won't be turned into something silly). Otherwise there is not really much to say about this episode.
Oct 23, 2020 6:55 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode as usual. “Yuri” seems to be the talk of the school and Riri helping her classmate out with her sniping training was nice. Pretty cool setup episode.

So we’re finally starting to get into the thick of things https://imgur.com/a/rkmVfRb with exploring what exactly the Huge are and what they want. Next episode looks like we’ll be getting some backstory, can’t wait.

The biggest surprise was the fact that the chairman is a guy, so men do exist in this universe lol
Oct 23, 2020 7:48 AM

Oct 2007
Fumi so happy to be invited to the legion. Kaede, of course has other reasons for joining. lol

did not expect Miriam to join in as well. Now they have someone who can fix charms in their group. ^__^

Yuyu did not expect so many people to join Riri's legion. Now, she's a bit uncomfortable?

Ando, the girl who likes cats is so nice and funny, she even has catfood ready. xD
Liddo-kunOct 23, 2020 7:55 AM
Oct 23, 2020 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
Yuyu + Riri = Yuri. What a great name!

I've wonder what is the Huge's information in that report? I thought that maybe Huge is manmade things, a weapon made by a certain country.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 23, 2020 8:02 AM

Oct 2017
Yuri is such a nice pair name XD.

Yujia's a cutie and her abilities are top notch, she nailed every shot.
nseika said:
XD so true.
Oct 23, 2020 8:50 AM

Mar 2020
Yuyu+Riri=Yuri. Yes I agree!!

It is now time for team Yuri to get their legion. Keade, Fumi and Miliam have already joined the legion as well as the Yujia and Shenlin the center of attention this episode. Tazusa part with the cat was quite funny especially when Fumi saw her cute side.

When I saw the chairman was a guy I was surprised cause I thought this show was gonna be all girls but you know it is OK.

Good episode :)
Oct 23, 2020 9:05 AM

Apr 2019
Little bit of yuri development at the beginning and now legions being created. Pretty intense shootout there, was fun to watch.

Oct 23, 2020 9:31 AM

Sep 2019
Their couple name was nice.
Oct 23, 2020 9:53 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was great. This series is yuri enough, and now Yuyu and Riri's names were spelled so it would be written as "yuri". Also, the most powerful weapon known to mankind makes its appearance in Assault Lily: The indestructible Nokia 3310!

Oct 23, 2020 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
Nice animation bits this episode. Nice thighs and butts.
Oct 23, 2020 10:54 AM

Jul 2015
They are focusing too much on Yuri baiting. And thighs fetish.
I know that to each their own and they are cartering to the target audience, but most people would rather see some compelling story and decent writing.
So far this is a complete Symphogear ripoof, including exact same characters.
PieromyslOct 23, 2020 10:57 AM

Oct 23, 2020 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
Yuyu and Riri's pairing is called Yuri, huh? Honestly, that's a perfect name for them, in more ways than one. XD

Aside from the funny moment with Tazusa going fan-girl crazy over the appearance of a cute cat, Riri's recruitment drive for her and Yuyu's new legion was going pretty smoothly. Wang and Shenlin make for an interesting duo, though. Since Wang wasn't sure whether she wanted to join or not, Shenlin gave her a tough test to prove her worth.

Not only did Wang pass this test, the animation quality during her sniper bullet rounds and Shenlin's successful deflections looked really good. I also liked the OST used for the whole scene, too. =)

The plot seems to be moving again, as we saw the chairman getting vital info about the Huge. I'm expecting a mixture of seriousness and comedic moments in the next episode, which I look forward to seeing, as always.
Oct 23, 2020 12:05 PM
Dec 2018
Piromysl said:
I know that to each their own and they are cartering to the target audience, but most people would rather see some compelling story and decent writing.

But seriously I like it better than Symphogear. The animation is better and it's overall more enjoyable. There's a decent amount of fan service, and I can't comment on story this early. But overall in the long run, I'd like to see more of it (atleast it's not boring so far).
Oct 23, 2020 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
salarx said:
Piromysl said:

But seriously I like it better than Symphogear. The animation is better and it's overall more enjoyable. There's a decent amount of fan service, and I can't comment on story this early. But overall in the long run, I'd like to see more of it (atleast it's not boring so far).

Can't really agree on animation.

I refuse to believe that SHAFT would draw something like this.

Oct 23, 2020 1:15 PM

Apr 2015
Couple name "Yuyu + Riri = Yuri", even with all the yuri vibes this show has going on, how in the world did I fail to realize this could be a thing XD

Those sniper bullet rounds being shot from Wang and blocked by Shenlin were amazing to look at! Great animation there. I do like Shenlin a lot!

Pretty relax episode other than the shooting at the end. Yuyu definitely underestimated Riri for setting up her own legion so easily.
Oct 23, 2020 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
So Yuyu and Riri team name is "Yuri".

It's time to form their own legion and things are going smoothly, which surprised Yuyu a lot. Never underestimate Riri.

The scene with Tazusa and the cat was funny.

Yujia got introduced in this episode. The part with Shenlin's test was pretty good. Yujia has impressive skills.

Oct 23, 2020 2:28 PM
Aug 2020
I don't have a lot to say so far except to point out that both art directors and the assistant director have worked heavily on KyoAni work, so I really see this as sort of a crossover between KyoAni and Shaft.

When I look at it that way, first of all, it's a dream come true for me because I love both studios, but second, I feel like I understand better what they're doing with the characters and style of character development. It's really reminiscent of something like Hibike! Euphonium where they're all learning about themselves and furthering their relationships, with the backdrop of fighting the HUGE, as opposed to it being entirely focused on the action.
Oct 23, 2020 3:39 PM

Apr 2020
Cute episode, cute couple name
Oct 23, 2020 3:57 PM
Oct 2018
yujia and shenlin are my favourits now
yujia slayed with her ability beside i loved shenlin's personality
Oct 23, 2020 4:03 PM

Feb 2017
Those impact frames (or whatever their name is) when shenlin was cuting through Yujia's shots were out of this world!

BTW no pantsu: https://i.imgur.com/6Lv3llW.jpg

Oct 23, 2020 5:16 PM

Jun 2017
I see where this is going, Riri meant to build a legion but she ends up building a harem lol. It was funny how Yuyu's plan backfired on her.
Oct 23, 2020 5:26 PM

May 2018
"Yes Riri, go build an army"
Okay!"

Yuyu+Riri = Yuri
HELL YES

Shenlin deflecting Yuja's shots, then suddenly surprising her by sending the shot back, that was so cooL!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 23, 2020 6:21 PM

Jan 2011
gonna be real i really liked this episode outside of the thicc thighs and yuri baiting everywhere they were cheeky having a couple name like that.

but we got to see some team building and everyone is flocking like doves to Riri though they almost did Kaede dirty taking her for granted shes been there since day one and she wasnt the first they asked lol

Shenlin rose to the top of favorites so far girl is kinda scary its always the calm ones to watch out for her mock battle with her Lily some nice eye candy i cant get over how a show like this looks so good at times
Oct 23, 2020 6:55 PM

Jul 2017
nseika said:
The naming convention is terrible and screams chuuni with either ridiculous kanji combination or intentionally uncommon reading.

Actually surprised they produce anime of this. Thought it would just be a fan service anime (as in affirmation to those who are already collecting the dolls)

Yujia and Shenlin are just roommates if I’m not mistaken. Not official partners like Lily and Yuyu.
OK, thanks for the clarifications.
Oct 23, 2020 7:59 PM

Apr 2008
Also funny how she tried telling everyone it's Yuyu's legion, yet everyone just call it Hitotsuyanagi Team.

Rather than Symphogear, aren't the setup in general closer to Mai Hime ?

About Fumi, she's a great asset. That girl is a walking Assault Lily encyclopedia.
If you can speak Japanese, you can ask in Twitter using #教えて二水ちゃん hashtag about details of story, character, or lore and she will try to answer it.
Oct 23, 2020 10:33 PM
Dec 2018
Piromysl said:

Can't really agree on animation.

I refuse to believe that SHAFT would draw something like this.

If you have seen Monogatari Series, you shouldn't have hard time believing.
Oct 24, 2020 12:45 AM
Jul 2019
Yuri, heh nice.

Did I just read legion W.E.T.P? You gotta be messing with me Shaft.

You have all this technology, and you're using a Nokia.

Characters are so many that they have to include the names of existing characters, I can't keep up.

Overall pretty good episode.
SomeGuyWithHairOct 24, 2020 12:48 AM
Oct 24, 2020 1:39 AM

Jan 2017
I noticed their names' combination since the first episode but didn't expect they would really go there. YURI BANZAI!!

And kudos to Shaft giving respect to the legendary immortal phone, the Nokia 3310.
Oct 24, 2020 3:19 AM

Apr 2008
SomeGuyWithHair said:
Characters are so many that they have to include the names of existing characters, I can't keep up.

Overall pretty good episode.
Got to catch up with characters from the toy lines and the novel. We’re not even including the theatre stage only (the group with brown pink uniform) and students from Tokyo’s schools.

Even among the background characters there are characters from the Custom Lily line.
Oct 24, 2020 3:56 AM

Dec 2018
I'll gonna say it's a not good-not bad episode, until the end...
Surprise! There's a man in the building.
Good scene in Yujia's test, and the bomb that is brewing at the end of this episode, uff! I hope a good plot on the origin of huges, hopefully not so dramatic/stoned.

Tazusa will be the last lily forming part of the legion

Batteru!

Oct 24, 2020 6:03 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, Riri's Legion recruitment felt easy so far, having 7 out 9 cute girls already on her first day recruiment. Well, no doubt, they just loved loli so thats why they couldn't resist Yuri invitation xD. Whos the last 2 girls? That black cat and green hair loli? Well lets see the continuity on the nwxt episode, then!

Not much i can comment here beside the recruitment attempt of Riri. Her couple name with Yuyu? Lol. Like i said before, even her school name aggree with the bait and took it all in an instant, so i don't surprised at all if they had a couple name as Yuri xD. I really curious about their Legion name, was the name used Yuri too or not? Only time knew whats goin on in the future....

About the eastern name, Wang Yujia, its a little bit surprised for me that her family lived far away and used such a western place like Iceland as their homeland. Welp, they even didn't care much to explained the world situations after Huge attack. So, let my surprise only stop into that matter for a while. At least Kuo Shenlin had a nice design and just attached on her personality faster than i thought. Yeah, her eyes, and her calm and cool act felt so good on my heart xD. Their skill, tho. Its so useful, i believed. Look at the composition of Riri's Legion so far. One as a dedicated sniper, combined with a heavy guardian like Shenlin, then having a nice intel gatherer like Fumi. Kaede, Yuyu, Riri as a front attacker. I think its good formation, with an additional two more defender their team could be so great as an assault Lily!

Well, left aside that, the explanations of Moyu about Huge was really intriguing me in the end. When she finally wanted to explain more about world building, they skipped it for later. Thanks! Not gonna mentioned Yuyu transformation, tho. She had a nice conversation with her room mate~

I think this is a good episode, even though there were several moment that had missed the impact. Its still a good progression, at least for me.
badabassOct 24, 2020 6:13 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 24, 2020 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
nseika said:
Rather than Symphogear, aren't the setup in general closer to Mai Hime ?
Yeah, to me it's more Mai-Hime meets MariMite. Nothing really Symphogear beyond girls using magic weapons, which is such a broad idea in anime.
Oct 24, 2020 7:00 AM

Feb 2017
I guess there's a reason why Assault Lily airs not any other day but thursday.

Reason: Big Thighs Thursday
Oct 24, 2020 7:17 AM

Apr 2008
Maybe Mai Hime is just too old ^^;;

Besides, the charm of Symphogear is getting really over the top and ridiculous it goes full turn and become fun. and the songs of course.
I really curious about their Legion name, was the name used Yuri too or not? Only time knew whats goin on in the future....
They seem to use Norse names for the team.
Ichi's team (where Araya, the girl who challenged Yuyu in eps 1 is member of) is Alfheim, which in the story setting, one of the best Legion internationally, although they're 2nd generation and the previous one got disbanded. Yuyu also used to be member of 1st generation Alfheim. I hope the script team don't pull a typical pushing them into a pinch just so the "newbie team" can show their strength by saving the day.
The Legion where Shiori (the twin braid girl Lily interviewed) is called Reginleiv. According to Fumi in Twitter, it's the largest Legion in their school with 18 members (the regulation only set minimum of nine members, but no maximum limit)

Lily's Legion is... Radgridr, or just Hitotsuyanagi Team.

Their skill, tho. Its so useful, i believed. Look at the composition of Riri's Legion so far. One as a dedicated sniper, combined with a heavy guardian like Shenlin, then having a nice intel gatherer like Fumi. Kaede, Yuyu, Riri as a front attacker. I think its good formation, with an additional two more defender their team could be so great as an assault Lily!
There's a limited variation of rare skills among the Lily actually, rather than everyone having one of a kind skill. As if it is written for playable game system to balance the character creation option.

Based on their profile from elsewhere, Shenlin is not even using her rare skill to slash those bullets. Her skill is for different purpose.
nseikaOct 24, 2020 4:24 PM
Oct 24, 2020 8:04 AM
Mar 2016
Is her name Miriam or Miliam? Im confused
Oct 24, 2020 8:18 AM

Jun 2013
Oh man they're all using that Nokia 3310 phones. Those are indestructible lol
Oct 24, 2020 11:42 AM
Sep 2020
I'am wrong or should all Schilds have their Schutzengel? If they are in pairs, why a legion with 9?
Oct 24, 2020 1:26 PM

May 2020
Yuyu + Riri = Yuri, really nice pair name they come up with.
Well, there's not a lot to commment from this episode, it was mostly some nice scenes and Riri and the girls hanging around to find members for their legion, I did enjoy that long-range training though, that was interesting.
Also, Yujia had a Nokia, I hope she can use that in battle, it can cause some major damage.
Oct 24, 2020 1:41 PM

Apr 2016
They're using the legendary Nokia 3310. NICE! XD

Oct 24, 2020 2:07 PM
Sep 2019
When Riri laid on her bed I was not ready for the amount of thigh they had on her lmao!
Oct 24, 2020 3:46 PM

Jul 2014
Riri's butt and thighs in all their thicc glory... YEEEEESSSSSS!!! Man, the people behind this show really know what they are doing and I am deeply grateful to them.

Also "YuRi" lol. It was inevitable xD.
Oct 24, 2020 4:10 PM

Apr 2008
GnnerCyresWG said:
I'am wrong or should all Schilds have their Schutzengel? If they are in pairs, why a legion with 9?
The pairs are more personal guardianship like relationship, and it’s their school’s tradition. Other schools got their own take on it.

9 members in a Legion is the minimum number by regulation. It’s related to minimum number of members needed in their most common tactic to handle Huge (that passing the projectiles like in episode 3). They can also have more than 9. On average, a Legion usually got 13 members including reserve.

Also, a Legion need at least one member with Register rare skill (like Kaede). It’s an all around buff skill, also come with a lower rank observation skill (smaller area than Fumi’s Eagle Eye). According to Fumi, Lily otaku usually check who’s the Register in a Legion.
Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/assault_lily/status/1216576319053418497

Many info about the lores here.
https://mobile.twitter.com/assault_lily/timelines/1214471679621025795
nseikaOct 24, 2020 6:42 PM
Oct 24, 2020 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
I like the 2 new characters and their introductions were pretty good.It's pretty hard to keep up with all the characters, since they keep introducing more and more left and right.

But man Shaft is doing more amazing work with the animation. The little shooting scene was so pretty and cool at the same time. The opening and endings visuals are really good as well.

And once again, then thighs were amazing. Thank you for the meal Shaft :D
Oct 25, 2020 5:38 AM

Dec 2018
The Yuri couple,YEEEEEEEEEES Awwwww my little lesbians are now a official couple

Great episode! Awesome animations and so much sweet Yuri, I love it

Yuri-CrusaderOct 25, 2020 5:44 AM
Oct 25, 2020 5:44 AM

Apr 2020
The duo between Yuyu and Riri is named Yuri, lmao, Riri makes a legion, and there are only 2 members left for the legion to be formed
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2020

92 by Kira9204 »»
Jun 2, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

73 by Nanashi »»
Feb 5, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

46 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

53 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

53 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.