Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you like Healin' Good Precure so far?
Jun 30, 2020 6:13 PM

Oct 2016
Healin' Good Precure is finally back after a long hiatus... so what are your thoughts on the series so far?

I really like it, but I hope to see even more character development in the future as well as storylines that work with the theme and contain a lot of heart. This series has so much potential!

Tell me your opinions!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 17, 2020 11:32 AM

Nov 2014
Late, but I've been massively disappointed in this season; it might end up being my least favorite out of them all. Wanted to get some preliminary thoughts out and see if anyone else is feeling the same way.

While the girls have fairly good chemistry, none of them feel especially dynamic, interesting, or viscerally relatable. I specifically want to like Hinata more than I do (prob because she's so similar to Mirei from Pripara, lmao). But I'm 34 episodes in and don't feel like I've learned anything about them that I didn't already infer from trope knowledge back when their character descriptions first dropped.

Villains are such a drag this time too. It's a real shame considering the last two seasons had what I feel are some of the best villains of the franchise. Here especially it feel like Toei is trying to go back to basics; these are essentially the original Futari wa villains reskinned except Kiriya (who is compelling) was replaced with Daruizen (who is meh).

But the biggest problem for me is the moral/theming. It feels like the narrative couldn't decide if it wanted to be about environmentalism or the importance of good health, then realized it didn't have enough material for either of them, so it smashed those ideas together haphazardly and sprinkled in completely unrelated, standard episode premises. Don't get me wrong, these morals can easily reconciled and are topics I like to see explored, but the writers seem clueless on how to connect everything. I'm hoping this can wrap up in some kind of satisfying way, but am extremely doubtful.

I really do hate being the grump when it comes to my favorite anime franchise, and I know the pandemic probably threw at least few wrenches in the production side, but this has just been such a letdown. On the bright side, I'm excited to see what a Yes5 crossover movie could entail, plus Tropical Rouge is pretty hype ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew 2020 Thoughts?

SGHope - Dec 1, 2019

2 by SGHope »»
Dec 1, 2019 12:40 PM

Poll: » Star Twinkle Precure Opinions!

SGHope - Oct 27, 2019

1 by Bajar »»
Oct 27, 2019 2:30 PM

» Favorite Magical Girl Series from the 2010's?

SGHope - Jun 17, 2019

6 by notTheDevil »»
Aug 23, 2019 8:57 PM

» Favorite Magical Girl Manga?

SGHope - Jul 17, 2019

1 by Fario-P »»
Aug 8, 2019 11:35 AM

» Underrated Magical Girl Series?

SGHope - Apr 8, 2019

3 by Fario-P »»
Aug 8, 2019 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.