Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2019 9:01 PM

Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seeing the real people the characters were based on in that pre-anime special was pretty fun. (I mean, I wasn't bamboozled, they are real people right?)

I didn't dislike this, I just thought it was hard to understand the passion Yokomi was feeling most of the time, not that I don't enjoy watching someone truly give everything to their hobby. I did think the way Yokomi's character was written was interesting, completely lost in his interests that often what he did seemed irrational or counterproductive. That kind of simplicity and honesty where you can't even put your feelings into words, that's a rare thing. He's probably one of the better written 'otaku' characters I've seen. Kikuchi's faces were great.

A travel anime about people creating a manga of their travels...I really liked the concept but this one was so ultra focused I have a hard time believing it'd interest anyone but people who are already enthusiasts. Not that I wasn't warned about that beforehand though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tetsuko no Tabi Episode 5 Discussion

diegontijo - Aug 15, 2023

0 by diegontijo »»
Aug 15, 2023 10:42 PM

» The most underrated show I’ve ever seen

_slowdiver - Mar 7, 2022

0 by _slowdiver »»
Mar 7, 2022 8:07 PM

Poll: » Tetsuko no Tabi Episode 3 Discussion

Raitei_Dono - Nov 15, 2015

1 by Kristiwazhere »»
Nov 1, 2020 1:59 PM

Poll: » Tetsuko no Tabi Episode 4 Discussion

Kristiwazhere - Nov 1, 2020

0 by Kristiwazhere »»
Nov 1, 2020 1:57 PM

Poll: » Tetsuko no Tabi Episode 9 Discussion

Raitei_Dono - Jan 4, 2016

1 by Ckan »»
Feb 14, 2017 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.