Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2019 4:11 PM

Dec 2014
It seems that they purposely screw up the timeline for audience is to make this show somewhat "unique".

But after finished all episode, there is no "easter egg" and I seriously don't know what is the point, they could have just release episode with purpose timeline.

The story is just about MC joins special force to bring justice but later realised this special force has a dark side and left to start a resistance against them, that is it, nothing special.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 5, 2019 2:55 PM
Apr 2016
Yes it was done on purpose - saying that is wrong. It was no done on purpose, it was originally designed to be a "messed up timeline", more precisely a series with episodes out of chronological order (except the last one I suppose). Viewer is supposed to be dumbfound at first and struggling to discover the "correct" sequence of in-universe events.
More than that I would say, nay, I know that the chronology is irrelevant, as the series is crafted especially to bypass the need of chronological storytelling - it deals with concepts and themes which become apparent and are considered discussed by the end of a single respective episode.
After all, it's Urobuchi Gen. A man who likes his viewers doing the brain-work, instead of wasting air-time in explaining stuff. It just happens that sometimes the viewer has to have some experience to actually do the brain-work relating to one or the other theme.
The industry, the narratives are evolving and we can not expect authors with experience and ambitions, convictions to stand in place and flipping paradigm in place without expanding it. Such a method, which makes their series and ideas clear to the viewers from the get go again and again, is a violation of creator's own dignity.
Re:formed
Jul 7, 2020 6:33 PM
Jan 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Yes it was done on purpose - saying that is wrong. It was no done on purpose, it was originally designed to be a "messed up timeline", more precisely a series with episodes out of chronological order (except the last one I suppose). Viewer is supposed to be dumbfound at first and struggling to discover the "correct" sequence of in-universe events.
More than that I would say, nay, I know that the chronology is irrelevant, as the series is crafted especially to bypass the need of chronological storytelling - it deals with concepts and themes which become apparent and are considered discussed by the end of a single respective episode.
After all, it's Urobuchi Gen. A man who likes his viewers doing the brain-work, instead of wasting air-time in explaining stuff. It just happens that sometimes the viewer has to have some experience to actually do the brain-work relating to one or the other theme.
The industry, the narratives are evolving and we can not expect authors with experience and ambitions, convictions to stand in place and flipping paradigm in place without expanding it. Such a method, which makes their series and ideas clear to the viewers from the get go again and again, is a violation of creator's own dignity.

I agree with what you said. Just one thing though; Urobuchi Gen is only a guest writer on the show for like one episode. The series main writer and creator is Aikawa Shou, who I would say is, perhaps, on a higher level considering his experience.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

38 by Beguni »»
Aug 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

188 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 19, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.