Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 25, 2019 9:15 PM

May 2019
Is the idea of "travel to the future" by.... freezing the time.

Whhhhaaaaaattt?

No matter what the characters was blabbling in the story, the only LOGIC is: If you stop the time for everyone else except yourself, it means you wont jump to the future, but just become older and older while the rest of world is still the same.

Quite the opposite effect of jump to the future.

If this anime was about freezing yourself, while making the world time fast foward, THEN that bullshite the blonde woman said she was doing (about jump from era to era) would be correct.

It is another flaw to the terrible plot construction of this anime. Remembering that even in FICTIONAL world, the rules must have some logic to be understandable.

Oct 20, 2019 3:43 PM

Aug 2014
But they did tell that spectres can do it both ways. speed you up or stale.
Read my free web-novel at https://arrekin.com/?source=mal-sig
Oct 23, 2019 10:04 PM

Jul 2008
No, it’s the opposite. The specters can control time in the real world as well. So Sagawa wants to be the one in the “stasis” state, remaining unchanged, in the real world... Just like the people in that are stalled in the stasis world remain unchanged, don’t age, and feel like no time has passed, if someone is stalled in the real world, they can wake up to different parts of the future, unchanged, and feeling like no time has passed as well.
Jan 6, 2020 9:35 AM
Sep 2012
the only explanation is the blond girl forwarded her to the right time and age instead of same time.
stasis is more of a pause dvd menu with skip forward or reverse
Apr 5, 2020 7:59 AM

Jun 2012
I'm a bit confused, how is it that the blonde woman was able to bring her husband to this era and presumably go back to when he died in the Meiji era? Can she put him in a backwards version of stasis?
Shoot first, think never.
Apr 13, 2020 9:54 AM

Feb 2015
Straight after watching this before I had a nice theory of all the concepts of this show, I just forgot hahaha. But it has something to do with the stasis concept as a symbol of film editing, and the function of the blonde girl (founder) as the "auteur" of the show, being able to cut, edit, and control fully the show.

This show's narrative is so great compared to other TV series that it feels like a long movie rather than just chopped episode per episode. I enjoyed binge watching this.
May 27, 2020 5:37 AM
Mar 2016
They can't go back to the past. The point is to localize the Stall to yourself, while time around you continues relatively fast. The founder didn't mean that she could go back in time, but that she was interested in jumping forward. And the MC didn't go back in time, time unfroze, and she walked all the way back home.
Aug 22, 2022 10:11 PM

Sep 2020
For anybody new that might still be confused about it, it's basically this:

"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

142 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

67 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

54 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

61 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 6, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

45 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 6, 9:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.