Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2019 4:02 AM

Jan 2019
Do I have to watch it to follow the story or can I skip it?

Jul 24, 2019 12:58 PM

May 2016
I watched the first episode only since it’s 4 episodes in a nutshell, basically it’s their preparation before college I really enjoyed the first one you should give it a try and the animations are great as well.
Jul 24, 2019 1:06 PM

May 2015
It's an original anime, everything is canon here. If you mean if it's filler/recap, then no. The movie is a direct sequel to the second season. You probably won't miss much from the story, but it helps to better understand the characters, which is important considering it's slice of life, it's not about groundbreaking story plot in the first place.

It seems like you haven't started the series yet, so if you are confused about the watch order, then I recommend this:
1. Free!
2. Free!: Eternal Summer
3. High☆Speed!: Free! Starting Days - it's a prequel to all of the series but won't have any impact if you watch it first, you can skip it if you wish but it introduces several new characters that appear in the next movie and the next season, so for a better watching experience it's better to watch it too.
4. Free!: Take Your Marks
5. Free!: Dive to the Future

What you can watch if you want more character interactions but it's not necessary:
Free!: FrFr - Short Movie
Free!: Eternal Summer - Kindan no All Hard!

What you can skip altogether (recaps):
Free! Movie 1: Timeless Medley - Kizuna
Free! Movie 2: Timeless Medley - Yakusoku
Free! Movie 3: Road to the World - Yume
Jul 28, 2019 11:27 AM

Jan 2019
Ten said:
It's an original anime, everything is canon here. If you mean if it's filler/recap, then no. The movie is a direct sequel to the second season. You probably won't miss much from the story, but it helps to better understand the characters, which is important considering it's slice of life, it's not about groundbreaking story plot in the first place.

It seems like you haven't started the series yet, so if you are confused about the watch order, then I recommend this:
1. Free!
2. Free!: Eternal Summer
3. High☆Speed!: Free! Starting Days - it's a prequel to all of the series but won't have any impact if you watch it first, you can skip it if you wish but it introduces several new characters that appear in the next movie and the next season, so for a better watching experience it's better to watch it too.
4. Free!: Take Your Marks
5. Free!: Dive to the Future

What you can watch if you want more character interactions but it's not necessary:
Free!: FrFr - Short Movie
Free!: Eternal Summer - Kindan no All Hard!

What you can skip altogether (recaps):
Free! Movie 1: Timeless Medley - Kizuna
Free! Movie 2: Timeless Medley - Yakusoku
Free! Movie 3: Road to the World - Yume

Thank you <3, i'll start watching it as soon as I finish one of the non seasonal shows that i'm watching right now, thank you for making things clear haha

Nov 17, 2019 5:06 AM
Jun 2009
I kinda went hardcore and have seen everything apart from this title. Though I have it as a 4 episodes and not as a movie...
I remember I was very sceptical watching first season when it came out, but now I like this franchise.
Dec 18, 2019 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Canonically cancer? I can assure you that: yes.
I only watch fREE! related stuff if mah boi, the best boy Kisumi is in it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Free!: Take Your Marks Episode 1 Discussion

JokerVentura - Apr 27, 2018

21 by CCC47 »»
Jan 29, 7:16 PM

» When will Free! Take Your Marks be available to watch on DVD/ internet?

Kitty-Kate - Apr 5, 2018

2 by Kitty-Kate »»
Apr 20, 2018 4:14 PM

» Anticipation Thread

Daisuki - Mar 21, 2017

49 by DeletedUser666 »»
Nov 20, 2017 3:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.