Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2019 9:33 PM
Mar 2016
Just watched the movie and I will say its exciting but draggy and confused at the same time. Till now I felt Sunshine performance most of the time dont matches the storyline and the show drag a lot.

Here are some example
In season 1 & 2

In the movie

(These are just some sharing and discussion)
What are your thoughts about sunshine and the movie?

TobyFreedomMar 9, 2019 9:50 PM
Jul 25, 2019 12:35 PM

Oct 2013
Late, as the BDs came only now.

In the movie:

3) I believe the performance with the third years (the second part of the song) was just their imagination. The whole setting looked out of this world as well.

4) Yea I'm not really sure, seems like they just worked on it there and placed it in the station.

But overall, don't try to find the story of LL to make sense, because it doesn't.
Jul 29, 2021 10:35 AM

Jul 2017
Since I rewatched the entire thing, here some thoughts of mine.

Series:

1) Their performance was after the festival and graduation. So not related to these 2 events.
While they didn't say they do one again, see it as fate and Chika being guided by the others to have 1 last goodbye performance with all together after graduating.

2) That's true. Yet I always say not to see it too strictly. It's anime and fiction after all. While they show a bit effort, I think it's already enough. It's not like they never show how they train. They do often enough. The show progresses very fast and has other major plots to focus on. Besides it would be boring to see it mostly. Love Live appeal is different than Idolmaster for example. LL is more about fun in an easy way, while Imas is more professional and realistic. LL never wants to be that realistic, especially if you look how musical-like LL is. Just look at end of S2 how the curtain falls down after this dream-like performance. Or it rising again in the movie. I think one needs to consider the portrayed style of the media it wants to be.

3) I don't understand that too well but I guess the change of location? Well yeah, some trips they kinda skip. But I think there is no need to always show. The focus was about the qualifier and Riko's performance, not the travel. They already travelled a few times to tokyo and had an entire episode how they travelled and all. Official performances they always do there as far as I remember.

4) Agree there. That sure was dragged a bit.

Overall I think it's not dragging much at all. Some scenes yes, but about story like the student applications, it can't be helped because they are indeed helpless and need to face the fate which Muse actually stopped, yet Aqours not want to happen. It's a new experience in comparison to Muse, so it's fine.
Also the songs are always related to the story. Again it's like a musical. Read the lyrics and you see it's all connected. The songs are the highlight and visual climax of episode stories and what you look for in LL. I may be a bit biased but I never really thought something was that much dragging except the student applications.

Movie:

1) No dragging to me because at end of S2 they never talked about the future of Aqours. It's natural to do for them since they want to progress as new Aqours, unlike Muse who fully quit. But they realize it's different and stumble to progress.
Also there were too many sub plots to actually feel dragged. I actually thought it was too fast paced to fully solve everything in a balanced way.
While I admit it can be confusing with all sub plots but it actually is understandable if you think about the entire plot of the series and the girls in there. Watching the movie right after finishing the series is best way to comprehend it.

2) Haha yeah. Honestly it was a little forced with SS to include but storywise it has a meaning, because Sarah leaves like the other 3rd years. Leaving Leah alone, who wants to continue. Making Leah realize what Aqours did previously too about their feelings and progression.
I wondered about the building too. Can't tell what exactly it was^^; Guess was still a cool background. And about the phone... A normal phone stand I guess does the job?^^; But you better shouldn't see it too realistic and strict in LL.

3) That clearly was a dream and imagination. Like they perform as 6... Before they talked about the feelings of the 3rd years and how they are connected... In performance it just showed how the 3rd years are a big part of Aqours. See it as fanservice^^ Honestly that was a sweet addition there to show their progress and feel.

4) I actually was surprised too. I thought they do the live in front of the school. But guess would be too small. Yeah it's a weird thing. I know it's silly, but maybe they build parts to just attach later in front of the station and have bigger stage^^;

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vicexxv - Jan 4, 2019

52 by Buraot »»
Aug 10, 7:05 PM

» [Spoilers] Can someone explain to me the ending of the movie?

dadnaya - Jul 25, 2019

3 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Jul 29, 2021 9:19 AM

» When will I be able to watch?

ZipperNYAN - Dec 17, 2018

22 by MrBluebear »»
Jul 2, 2019 10:34 AM

Poll: » Best Song & Performance in LL Sunshine! Movie Over The Rainbow??

MrBluebear - Mar 30, 2019

0 by MrBluebear »»
Mar 30, 2019 12:04 PM

» Why is the score so low when the stats state otherwise?

JFitz33 - Jan 17, 2019

9 by Gar_Logan »»
Feb 21, 2019 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.