Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2019 4:45 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's been a while since Saeko had this much screen time, and this episode was pretty good.

She had a partner and she loved him, but it was unrequited love and they went their separate ways. Years later he appears again seeking to avenge his family, and like Ryou said, also looking for a place to die. Saeko doesn't even have time to assimilate this or to get to know about his condition, and she already has to bury him.

This was poignant, and compelling. Ryou was pretty cool when he called her to go and get those criminals though, I can't remember the last time he was this cool, or if he ever was. I also loved how Saeko didn't just kill the guy. She could've killed him and most certainly nothing would happen to her, but she did the right thing in the end. Killing him would only free him, and dirtying her hands with blood wouldn't bring her former partner back, so it was right of her to leave him to rot in prison. Let's just hope that he won't be released again for "lack of evidence."

Now, Kaori's hate towards Saeko feels petty. Sure, she made Ryou work for free, and there are times she keeps some information to herself, but she also used her position within the police to help him with many cases; she is clearly an ally not an enemy. The voodoo doll was weird though, it was funny and unsettling at the same time. The scene with the movie was pretty funny though.
Mar 1, 2019 12:56 AM

Oct 2012
Well Kaori, I mean you can't blame Saeko if what you're doing at the entire shooting scene is watching action movie with very loud.. speakers xD

Tragic end for Asakura, he lost his entire family then his life to the same criminal.. well his brother still it count as one
He was a pretty cool guy

Saeko hit the main bad guy wielding machine gun and the helicopter crashed?
I feel like there's no pilot in that heli in the first place :P

Reminds me if I see Saeko in real life, kindly tell me to run as fast as possible xD
"Signature removed"
May 26, 2020 10:17 AM

Nov 2016
I liked this episode, not necessarily for the execution, but simply for Saeko and that she got to share a bittersweet moment with Ryo at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 24, 11:37 PM
Dec 2022
Saeko's former lover Detective Asakura of the Interpol returned after 6 years on the hunt for the Hong Kong triad boss who has absconded to Japan where his younger brother has a business. A short brief reunion but seemed Asakura has lost his wife and child to the triad boss and he is dying himself. Unfortunately Asakura died whilst on a hunt in Yokohama's Chinatown. Ryo and Saeko avenged him by taking down the brothers and their heroin smuggling ring. A bittersweet ending as Saeko used Ryo's shoulder to cry on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 13 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Apr 29, 2015

11 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 25, 1:01 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 12 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 10, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 25, 12:28 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 10 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 8, 2019

7 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 24, 4:42 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 9 Discussion

EratiK - Feb 22, 2015

6 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 22, 6:49 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 8 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 8, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 22, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.