Forum Settings
Forums

Youkai Watch Movie 3: Soratobu Kujira to Double Sekai no Daibouken da Nyan! Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2018 6:57 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the movie about the real world and the anime world colliding is all about escapism. Yeah, that's the obvious direction to take the plot. This was pretty fun. I liked all the jokes about how inconvenient things got in the real world when it was realistic.

These bits where highlights for me.

I also liked the sentai vibe Kujiraman gave off.
Jan 26, 2020 4:19 AM

Sep 2011
I wasn't sure about this one because I thought it was going to be purely a live-action, and I'm not crazy about them, but it was half live-action, half anime, and it was surprisingly nice. I liked how the youkai looked. Then there's Kanami-san, the main piece of the plot here. She suffered that accident, and believed that her dream was over. Closing off herself, and giving too much power to the darkness in her heart. Good thing her world connected to Keita's world, and he solved it all with the help of his youkai friends. I can't believe Inaho appeared so little though. And she was vital to their victory against Kujiraman in the end too.

Well, the "medicine" she made, which brought forth Ultimate Robonyan, was. lol And Hikari Orochi and Yami Kyuubi were cool, but they couldn't do anything, and I'm disappointed that Fubuki-hime didn't appear. Koma-san was as cute as ever though. Talking about cute, I also thought that Koaranyan, and his little dance, were really cute. And I thought Orochi was going to get an actor like Enma Daiou and Nurarihyon did, but I guess it's good he didn't. I didn't like how those two looked at all. lol The double ED was nice too, and I guess this is it. I bet the child actor who played Keita had the time of his life with this movie if he was a Youkai Watch fan from the start. xD
May 4, 9:28 AM
Jan 2024
peak fiction, get real
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.