Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 16, 2018 8:15 PM

Jun 2016
I started out watching PaniPoni Dash subbed, but 17 episodes in I was getting bored of it. I changed to the dub at that point, and I wish I watched the dub from the start (Refer to the second last paragraph for my reasons for not doing so). In the sub there's not one voice that stood out to me as at all remarkable, whereas in the dub the voices are much more distinct.

Rebecca Miyamoto was especially improved. The Japanese voice actor (Saito Chiwa) is most known for her role as Hitagi Senjougahara, she plays that role well, but her role as Rebecca Miyamoto called for her to sound like a child, and that's all she managed to really do. The english voice is Hillary Haag, most known for her role as Fuuko Ibuki in Clannad. Hilary Haag not only sounded only sounded like a child, but a memorable child, which is great.

Additionally, the comedy works better in the dub, although that's quite typical.

The issue with the dub comes with the fansubbing group "Arigatou fansubs",who added extremely obtrusive translator notes. They're distracting (although not nearly as distracting as subtitles) and I can't find a version of this that doesn't have them. PaniPoni Dash no longer seems to be available for streaming on funimation, and there's only a single DVD version registering on google shopping.

Despite this minor gripe, the dub's still the better experience.
May 18, 2021 2:43 PM

Jan 2021
Thank you. I actually wasn’t enjoying the sub that much. When I switched to the dub, it got a lot better.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Oct 15, 2023 2:42 PM

May 2021
I only watched the anime dubbed back in 2021.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pani Poni Dash! Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 14, 2008

20 by RGreatDanton »»
May 10, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Pani Poni Dash! Episode 2 Discussion

Blutspender - Jun 3, 2010

11 by RGreatDanton »»
May 10, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Pani Poni Dash! Episode 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 14, 2008

26 by RGreatDanton »»
May 10, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Pani Poni Dash! Episode 25 Discussion

SideCharacter - Sep 9, 2008

6 by Fishb0i »»
Jul 10, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Pani Poni Dash! Episode 9 Discussion

WTFwasThat - Dec 2, 2008

8 by Fishb0i »»
Jul 9, 2023 2:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.