Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2018 8:56 AM
Dec 2015
Hello, I'm Recchan.

I wasn't initially going to post anything since I assumed MAL had probably gotten lots of feedback, but this club seems pretty dead. So I guess I'll leave some feedback.

I'm a developer, but I don't really deal with mobile development, so I'm afraid I can't offer much insight into anything specific to mobile.

The device used for testing the app was a OnePlus 5T running Android Oreo (OxygenOS 5.0.3).

Home
Trending
The sizing of everything in my opinion is fine, the colour of tending baffles me a bit considering the rest of the app is pretty white.

MyAnimeList Anime Ranking
I don't see why this isn't a card like everything else, it just looks like some advert to me as it looks so out of place. I kind of ignored it until I looked back at it.

Everything Else
Looks fine to me

AnimeList
The list view is perfect in my opinion, very nice indeed. All the data you could want is neatly displayed to you. The card view however, looks very messy to me, I'm not exactly sure why to be honest.

I feel like there should be some more padding above the top row of anime (although only a little bit more or it'd look off).

The +1 Episode/Edit Status also looks weird to me but I have no reason for this, just thought I'd mention it.

The tabs are fine, just normal tabs, but they all make sense in name and content.

The Editing Pop-up
I don't know how much I can say about this besides that it feels very awkward. The pop-up should appear more towards the centre of the screen. With the shift to taller "candy bar" style phones, shuffling down the phone to get to the cancel button after you accidentally press the "Edit Status" button could possibly lead to dropping and breaking of the phone.

The Anime Page
I'm torn about this page.

The ability to tap on the image to get a blown up view of it is great, although I can see this looking blurry, so ma

I love the placing of the anime cover as well as popularity etc. I would prefer it to be locked to a card though, instead of just flat on the page, this is because the description makes it look as if it's all on one card, but the top connects to the top of the page.

Underneath the title as well it lists the type (TV, OVA, etc.), the year, the episode count and the duration of an episode. I think personally, this should be removed. It's just duplicated data, considering there is a card containing the same information.

I also feel like the description as well as the genres should be listed on the information card.

Features I Hope Come
It would be nice to be able to switch titles to Japanese/English (assuming this is available) for people who don't know the romaji or people that speak Japanese. It does seem that you are able to search by alternative titles though. (Tested using Kimi no Na wa (Your Name/君の名は).

It would be nice to be able to switch the lists so you could sort them by both ascending and descending.

It would also be nice if MAL introduced some form of banner art, rather than having the boring blue background behind the avatar on the collapsible menu.

TL;DR
I actually really like the app, which is a surprise considering I dislike most mobile apps for anime tracking platforms (unpolished/missing features and fully released etc.). There are a few small things that I think could be improved but besides that I don't see any issues with it.

Screenshots
Home
Anime (Card? view) Edit Status
Anime (Card? view) +1
Anime (List view) Edit Status
Anime (List view) +1
Search
GetRektByMeFeb 28, 2018 9:24 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 1, 2018 8:08 PM

Apr 2017
Hello, here's a suggestion for the app. it would be great if we were warned on it when an ep is displayed of the animes that are leaving that you are seeing, and a section with the time to leave. Besides, I'm very fan of the dark theme, adopted by several apps presently, I hope MAL has that too, blue and black would be amazing!
Dec 10, 2020 4:36 AM
Mar 2018
Just found this app there are things that i want to say about it.

i would like to see filters in your anime lists, such as currently watching and completed.
It would be nice to see a filter for most seen episodes.. or to filter completed anime on the star rank system..
The anime you are watching right now is not on my profile. So i would need to find it.
And there are other things you cannot do. You cannot go to a page of a friend. you cannot see your own clubs. you cannot send a message. after you get a notification directly send something back. I mean yea, it goes in a browser. But that's a work around isn't it.

Oh and can someone tell me what the cute emoji is that seems to not do anything but chage into an explenationmark? If i go to the help section of the app, i can only look for problems with the app.. so can someone tell me what it is? thank you!

But so far it has been really handy to have an app. It looks and works great.
I hope it keeps improving
Carr7Dec 10, 2020 4:43 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Will be the forum section added to the app?

DandT - Mar 6, 2018

1 by tenteen »»
Mar 7, 2018 1:43 AM

» Android Version Compatibility

Falsely - Mar 3, 2018

1 by Mexiguy »»
Mar 6, 2018 10:00 AM

» DeployGate

ArtaRay - Feb 13, 2018

6 by nx6 »»
Mar 3, 2018 3:08 AM

» Detailed feedback on the app

IATGOF - Feb 28, 2018

6 by JohnTitor2036 »»
Mar 1, 2018 8:34 AM

» Needs moar desu!

nx6 - Feb 14, 2018

5 by nx6 »»
Feb 23, 2018 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.