Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2017 4:05 AM
Dec 2016
This will be my first review of popular anime movies that are currently showing in cinemas.

My daily anime review for currently airing shows will officially start tomorrow after a lot of delays ;)

(Please keep in mind that my reviews are Christian reviews so I will be refraining from using explicit words so I would not offend other religious people)

1. Uchiage Hanabi (Fireworks)

Plot: (Will contain some spoilers)

Uchiage Hanabi tells the story of a group of 14,15-year-olds children who are seeking the truth, whether the shape of the earth fireworks are spherical or flat. The plot takes an interesting turn as the main female protagonist finds a magical ball that allows the male protagonist to change the world line divergence which they exist in, completely changing some events in the past, the present and the mirai. The male protagonist has Reading Steiner a special power that allows him to remember past memories of previous timeline, a cliche ability he developed shortly after his first "moshimo". The rest will be revealed as you watch the movie.

The overall plot is decent as there were some aspects that weren't explained properly. In one scene we see the father of the female protagonist possessing the magical time ball and nothing else was shown to the audience to explain the origin of this ball and why it has the power to change a timeline. There was a lack of character development as not much information is known to why the female protagonist has an interest in the male protagonist and the other side characters. This leads to a lack of connection between the "cartoon" characters and us as the audience. Also, there was that Disney sing a long scene on the train (Pretty trippy).

Therefore, I rate this plot 6.792/10

Characters:

Nazuna Oikawa

Senjyogahara Nazuna is a 100% original and uniquely designed character, also the female protagonist in this movie. She is a somewhat well-designed character and her physique is absolutely stunning (Got to give some credit to Shaft for that one :P), making her a pretty solid character overall. Though there is a lack of character development from her throughout the movie.

Norimichi Shimada

He was a pretty boring and quite generic character, making him pretty forgettable as I forgot his name soon after the movie was finished. Nothing interesting that can be seen from him even as the main protagonist. As previously stated above, he lacks a lot of character development over time which made him a pretty stale character.

The supporting characters in this movie were minuscule as I show no sign of interest towards them at all. They all are pretty average and boring, some of them didn't even need to be part of this movie (the teacher).

I give the character designs a 6/10

Sounds:

The sounds quality are commendable though they could be better. The VAs were satisfactory, nothing special aside from the fact that the two main protagonists were voiced by famous actor/actress rather than actual anime VA.

What infuriated me was that the music video they use towards promoting the movie on served as the background soundtrack of the rolling credits. (Holy cr*p, just how can this movie get even worse!?!) It is pretty upsetting to see that a pretty wonderful music video gone to waste by serving such a minor purpose in the movie.

With the reasonings above, I rate the sounds from Uchiage Hanabi a solid 5/7

Animation:

I was terribly disappointed with the animation as some scenes were obviously have been shown to be CGI'd instead of drawn. Scenes such as the stairs in the school and the bike riding were rendered pretty badly with CGI, even I would prefer Ajin over this... Though CGI was included as it speeds up the production of the movie but the normal animation is still prefered, even if it takes more time.

The rest of the animations were acceptable as it was consistent and beautiful in my opinion (especially the firework scenes, that's thumbs up to Shaft ;P).

I give the animation an 4/5

Conclusion:

I really disliked how the final scenes turned out as I thought it could have been more in-depth, showing more chemistry between the two main protagonists.

Furthermore, Shaft insults the audience's intelligence by pulling a very
Ś̴͍̻̯̤̲̫͈͓͚ ̶̢̯̻̜̤̫̣̪͕̙͠U͉̤̘̺̪̕ ̵͇͓͎̥͔́Ŕ̶̹͍̦̤͇̞̣̠̜ ̬̮̀͟͝R̵̩̰͉̣̱̪ ̷̳̟͓̞̮͢Ḙ̟̼̬͉̰̱̥ ̱̹A̶̢͏͓̦͉͚̪ ̢̲͈͔͕͍̝͕L̛̮͉̩̣conclusion to tie up everything at the end of the movie. Even though I watched quite a lot of Rick and Morty, my IQ levels weren't high enough to be able to comprehend this horrible ending as it done quite poorly.

H*ck, this frustrated me quite a lot as it was quite unsatisfying to see an asspull ending after wasting 100 minutes of my valuable time watching it. It made me want to fr*ck myself ;(.

I was highly anticipated for the movie, came in watching it with really high expectations which were later shot down. In the end, Uchiage Hanabi was a really big letdown to me (same goes for me towards my parents) with how it turned out at the end.

Hopefully, Shaft will create a proper and better conclusion in the future.

My Opinion:

Putting my satirical jokes aside, Uchiage Hanabi was still fairly enjoyable as the Shaft did an exceptional job at animating it.

If you like anime movies with stunning visuals, amazing characters and intricate plot then I recommend Kimi no Na Wa if you haven't watched it already. It is better and as it was directed by Makoto Shinkai, a well-reputated director for his many incredible pieces of work.

Overall, I give Uchiage Hanabi a final score of 6.6712/10 (Which I rounded up to a 7)

Stay tuned for my seasonal anime review tomorrow!!!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 8, 2017 5:11 AM
Dec 2016
Review of your Review

Overall, this was a decent first review for a beginner like yourself, though it comes off as a bit too tryhard and for a lack of the better word, "eDgY". We get it, you want to die.

Analysis:
Overall it was a decent analysis of the movie.

I'd say your analysis is a 5/10. You basically said what every other reviewer said making this part of the review r e d u n d a n t.
Heres a basic overview of what literally everyone said.
"HAHA CGI SUCKS EWWW HAHAHAHAHA, THE VOICE ACTORS AREN'T EVEN ANIME ONES HAHA EW, HAHA THE ENDING DIDN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE??? WHY EVEN MAKE A PRETTY MUSIC VIDEO IF ITS THE END SONG????"
The analysis wasn't anything special, or original, or necessary.

I understand your part on character development but this isn't a full-on series so it's obviously going to be minimal. The inclusion of many side characters wasn't necessary but it did feel more realistic than if the main characters were the only people existing in that world.

https://gyazo.com/4ff47954e677e0774215021c8cf31d99
They're cartoon characters?? Like is your life so sad you want to connect to them on an emotional level? Why not go outside, explore the world, you know, develop your own character instead of shitting on 2d drawings for not having character.

https://gyazo.com/0e1f086dde96945f23c602fedb1e8f67
Also, the teacher was voiced by Kana Hanazawa and had plenty of plot so it's fine :)

Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation
As this is coming from you, I expected wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more errors, but I'm pleased to see you spent some time correcting it to at least to some extent. I'm assuming you can thank Grammarly for that :) However, there are some errors that are so bad that even Grammarly can't pick them up which is a shame really. Surprisingly, if you look at it from a percentage point of view, your use of random Japanese words were used more accurately than your English ones. Good Job.
(No mistakes in Japanese words = 100% score, misuse of a few English words so around 80% score for English*.)

*NOTE: This isn't something to be proud of.

Weeb.

Heres an example where you messed up
https://gyazo.com/976f6c90c3fa57af775d44f116c4b646
I was highly anticipated for this movie means you were expecting this movie. It doesn't mean you were excited for it which I think is what you were going for. Even if you were going for anticipated which isn't that correct, its
"I was highly anticipating this movie".

Overall, this part was a 6/10. Proofread More to avoid awkward expressions please :)

Logic:
https://gyazo.com/b92e28b2794c8a8aa3cd1a654d054963
Okay so what. You waste 100 minutes of your time watching it, and then waste another 60 minutes of your time writing a review about it? Sounds hypocritical to me. I suggest you actually study, you have a Biology and English Assignment due in 2 weeks and are doing the 6 hardest subjects in the school yet you're here writing ANIME REVIEWS.

D e g e n e r a t e

https://gyazo.com/7480d70447f18e7ca649877af11589db
You say this is a christian review yet you spoil the Lord's name by uttering these foul words!? Don't even talk to me.

I'd give this logic portion a 4/10

Given this is your first review, I wanted to go easy; overall, its average. The pictures you included were pretty though so I'll say its 6/10 overall since I'm nice.
Thank you for your time spent on this piece of literature, I'm sure with practice you can reach "good" level (7/10) one day.

Himtastic_Oct 16, 2017 2:40 AM
Oct 8, 2017 6:00 AM
Dec 2016
Not sure which is even more satire, my review or your feedback lmao
Oct 16, 2017 2:34 AM
Jun 2016
Review of the review of your review
So after reading through that 'thing' i wanted to write a review of it but some weaboo stole my idea. (kys himatastic_, shinitai desuka, fite me) But I guess this will do.

Analysis of an Analysis
Overview of his point 'tHiS aNimU is kUzu.'
I might add you have not added a bibliography for the sources you have referenced to, so it is technically plagiarism and I have reported you already. Enjoy your ban.
oh yea also for this part
'Why not go outside, explore the world, you know, develop your own character instead of shitting on 2d drawings for not having character.'
Im pretty sure he already started developing his own 2d husbando so leave him alone.

Grammmmmarly is inportant
'I'm pleased to see you spent some time correcting it to at least to some extent. I'm assuming you can thank Grammarly for that :) However, there are some errors that are so bad that even Grammarly can't pick them up'
'I suggest you actually study, you have a Biology and English Assignment do in 2 weeks'
P.S. Nice edit 16 October 7:42pm
E N D

Logek
Nani the fuk is with this style of writing, if your gonna be r00d then just say it, stop adding nice words after. Bloody tsundere wannabe (jkjk i ship blackpenguin x himtastic best animu: https://myanimelist.net/anime/1639/himmie_x_nigga-pingu) ffs sakes get it right baaaaka, here ore-sama will teach you, start with tsun part which is basically being a bitch with the words you say, then you act shyly or stutter to make it seem like the opposite. Here's two examples to get it in that chisai brain of yours:
Generic Tsundere: d-dont misunderstand me, its not like i like you or anything ~~
Real Tsundere (as long as you believe): go fuking die degenerate shit <3

References
H*ntaihaven.org (I swear it was research)
myanimulist.fag/how_to_be_weebtrash_for_dummies/
gramarly.gg

dw u tried here's a picture of your waifu for your hard work

EdethOct 16, 2017 4:29 AM
Oct 16, 2017 2:42 AM
Dec 2016

Sagiri is best girl <3
Oct 16, 2017 2:46 AM
Oct 2017
What are you talking about?? There were no grammar mistakes in Himtastic_'s review. Get your eyes checked.

Asuka4510Oct 16, 2017 2:51 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oregairu Poll

BlackPenguin - Oct 16, 2017

3 by Edeth »»
Oct 16, 2017 4:41 AM

» Seasonal Anime Review

BlackPenguin - Oct 5, 2017

3 by BlackPenguin »»
Oct 7, 2017 3:27 AM

Poll: » LOLIS

Himtastic_ - Jul 30, 2017

0 by Himtastic_ »»
Jul 30, 2017 5:44 AM

Poll: » Blackpenguin's waifu poll!11! (#2)

Himtastic_ - May 23, 2017

4 by Dylan_Wang »»
May 23, 2017 5:31 PM

Poll: » Blackpenguin's waifu

Edeth - May 20, 2017

0 by Edeth »»
May 20, 2017 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.