Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2017 11:01 AM
Sep 2015
I know there are several gags out there about this being a generic series, and that it's called "Hundred" because there are 99 other series just like it, but joking aside, I want to know if this is a remake, or direct ripoff, of some other specific manga/anime.

I'm up to episode 4 and so far I can't help feeling like I've seen it before, when I know full well I haven't because it only came out last year. There are far too many plot elements and situations that are exactly the same as another anime I've seen whose name I can't remember.

For example, the girl pretending to be a boy living as the roommate of the main character, and he walks in on her while she's undressing, only in the anime I remember, it didn't happen in the first episode, she didn't throw stuff at him and knock him out of the room (though she still went MOE) and that was when he found out she was a girl. After that there was an issue with a screen between their beds for privacy at night, until someone else at the school found out and separated them. The other most notable thing was that they have smartphones in this one, which didn't quite exist last time I saw it.

I know I'm not misremembering, because the last time I watched this anime was around 10 years ago, give or take a couple of years... except this anime only came out last year.

And then of course, the place being called "Little Garden" (a la One Piece), just makes me wonder if this anime/manga was put together entirely by computer algorithm.

In any case, can anyone else remember the anime I'm talking about, or is it just TOO generic?

(edit) In doing some looking around, I don't think it's Infinite Stratos, but I'll have to watch an episode or two to be sure.

Also not thinking of Mai-HiMe. The male roommate was a military combatant, not a sick brother.
Jakk_FrostAug 11, 2017 1:16 PM
Aug 11, 2017 12:31 PM

Sep 2013
It's just cliche and tropes which doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, every series has them even western ones.
I'm pretty sure it's infinite stratos.
Aug 14, 2017 2:57 PM
Sep 2015
Yeah, upon re-watching Infinite Stratos, it definitely is that anime I was thinking of. I misremembered some details, like him walking in on her as she was stepping out of the shower, not undressing in the main bedroom, but it's still essentially the exact same scene. Even the rooms look almost completely identical in the two different animes.

While I realize there are some commonly used tropes, it still seems almost like this anime was made by a computer algorithm taking pieces directly from other popular anime, like IS, One Piece, Strike Witches, etc. Even that bit about "using my virus to stabilize your virus" is familiar.

Does citing commonly used tropes apply when the whole plot is nothing but commonly used tropes? Meh, it probably does.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hundred Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

133 by hyptocalus »»
May 31, 5:29 AM

» heard a rumor they might announce a season 2 this October

audac1ous - Mar 6, 2018

9 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 9, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

151 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

66 by Foreall908 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:51 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2016

78 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 22, 2023 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.