Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 8, 2017 5:39 AM

Aug 2016
I'm sure this was a good story. I'm sure it was well animated. However, I couldn't stomach it. Why? Because the moment I realised that Kenshin was going to actually die, it was seared into my brain, and even weeks later, I am still trying to forget what I saw.

I am clinging onto the truth that this is essentially, a fanwork, and not from the brilliant mind of Watsuki-sensei. This is only second-hand information, and I don't have anything to quote other than that I know this is not the fate of our beloved characters.

I created this essentially, to rant. To vent my frustration. To hear others rant, and be reassured that I am not alone in this view. I've dropped it, rated it 1 (appalling) and there is nothing more I can do to denounce it. I won't write a review, because it will simply be a rant.

Still, I won't allow Kenshin to die until every. Single. Hair. On. His. Head is grey. I will move heaven and earth to make it so. I will write paragraphs until I drop. Kenshin is one of the most dynamic characters I've seen, more dynamic even than some people I know. He needs to have the time to pass on his wisdom.

Here are the most burning questions I have, even after all of two minutes: How could anyone consider he falls into depression, wants to die? After he's finally found a place where he's accepted, bloody history and all? What happened to his promise to Tomoe? How did he only let himself succumb to it, even after spending 10 years with no real destination? How could he allow himself to let down Kaoru, and family, and friends? That's just so out of character! SO. OUT. OF. CHARACTER.

The sad thing is, if they merely changed the names and subtly so that of the character's histories to make it a whole 'nother universe, I would watch it with enthusiasm. If I'd never seen or read Rurouni Kenshin, I'm sure I would have enjoyed it. I LOVE historical dramas.

Please, let me see your replies. Rant with me, vent. Tell me I'm totally wrong if you must (although my opinion will still stand) ...

Good day,
I'll just be going back to my troublesomeone cave...
May 30, 2019 2:37 PM

Apr 2018
Sheesh, what a drama queen.
People die; so what? It happens.

Besides, this whole OVA is non-canon anyway. So you can just brush this off as an alternate what-if tragic ending, and go over to the manga to get a real happy ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen Episode 2 Discussion

gohdan - May 2, 2010

28 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 23, 2022 8:25 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen Episode 1 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 22, 2009

10 by Samextheft »»
Sep 12, 2022 9:48 AM

» Aniplex Blu-ray missing scenes?

Nishimura - Jun 26, 2013

1 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
Jun 13, 2022 11:33 PM

» Just beautiful .. help reach this to a lot of people

Arcus____ - Jun 5, 2021

0 by Arcus____ »»
Jun 5, 2021 3:30 PM

» A director's cut version?

Mylo_08 - Jan 22, 2020

1 by WatchTillTandava »»
Mar 25, 2020 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.