Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2016 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Such a cute episode.

We got Souta and the chemistry he has with Poco as usual. Poco tries to be useful around the house and even with making udon noodles. Plus, we see a bit of Poco in his tanuki animal form, something that I find pretty interesting as it highlights the relationship between a human and animal. Hiroshi is also such a funny guy.

Stark700Dec 3, 2016 12:12 PM
Dec 3, 2016 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
A message of being more accepting of our differences this week. Tanuki or not, Poco and Souta love each other, and will be together for the rest of their lives...I hope.
Dec 3, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2014
This was quite possible my favorite episode of the series till date. Simple but really heartwarming.

Manabu-san is actually quite the famous guy. :o

I was actually a little scared when Poco went full Tanuki cause I thought he was losing his powers to stay human.

Love the parallel drawn between Poco and Hiroshi here. Both of them were different, Souta accepted both of them. :)
Very nice message about accepting differences, Once friends, Always friends. Got a little emotional when Hiorshi started crying saying that he and Poco would be friends forever.

Souta and Poco's relationship is always really heartwarming to see and it was especially so in this episode.

Wonder if Souta will eventually reveal the truth to his sister.
Lelouch0202Dec 3, 2016 12:42 PM
Dec 3, 2016 12:45 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Hiroshi is a superb, quirky character. I'd have a lot of fun with him.

I wonder if Poco and Souta will get separated by the end of the series.
Dec 3, 2016 1:09 PM

Dec 2008
* Poco's adorableness is OVER 9000!!!!!
* That monk makes me afraid for Poco.
Dec 3, 2016 1:13 PM
Jan 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
This was quite possible my favorite episode of the series till date. Simple but really heartwarming.

Manabu-san is actually quite the famous guy. :o

I was actually a little scared when Poco went full Tanuki cause I thought he was losing his powers to stay human.

Love the parallel drawn between Poco and Hiroshi here. Both of them were different, Souta accepted both of them. :)
Very nice message about accepting differences, Once friends, Always friends. Got a little emotional when Hiorshi started crying saying that he and Poco would be friends forever.

Souta and Poco's relationship is always really heartwarming to see and it was especially so in this episode.

Wonder if Souta will eventually reveal the truth to his sister.

Agreed, best episode but I don't know if this anime is going to finish with a happy final ;-;
Dec 3, 2016 1:26 PM
Jun 2016
we half get whta we wanted :> Sorta revealing it in a does it really matter kind of way. I so wonder how this will work, how old is Poco? did his father know about poco being tanuki, does his sister? Something about what she said today half makes me think she does.

What ever happens, I hope we get another season of this :> I would rather a open ending with room for sequel then a conclusive ending heh.

On a semi related note, how many episodes?
Dec 3, 2016 1:52 PM

Nov 2015
Really cute episode. Poco looks adorable in his Tanuki form.

Dec 3, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Hiroshi still recovering from a broken heart.
All right finally some Udon making. Didn't turn out to be good, but they can keep on practicing.

Poor Poko finding it hard to transform into a human again. Pretty tough on him.
Don't worry Souta is there for you no matter what.

Hmm the Monk is getting suspicious of Souta & Poko.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 3, 2016 2:37 PM

Mar 2016
Hannah_Ana said:
* Poco's adorableness is OVER 9000!!!!!
* That monk makes me afraid for Poco.

I think the monk will turn out to be a friend of Poco, even knowing his nature. Conflicts in this type of series are short term, and I'm not even sure there is an upcoming conflict with the monk. For whatever reason, he does suspect Poco is a tanuki, but it doesn't freak him out. He is a shrine servant so he likely accepts the "super"natural as a natural part of life. If anything, the monk's experience and knowledge will likely prove beneficial to both Souta and Poco.
-- Rich
Dec 3, 2016 2:40 PM

Jun 2015
Souta finally made udon. It didn't taste like it though xD The recipe was harder to follow than he thought. The chemistry between him and Poco was so cute. I'm liking Hiroshi more and more. He's such a funny guy.
Dec 3, 2016 5:34 PM

May 2009
Aww,Hiroshi is such a sweet guy! I can't believe his other coworkers were judging him like that! What Souta said was really sweet! And he's doing the exact same thing with Poco!
Why can't all three of them stay together! T-T LOL
Dec 3, 2016 6:55 PM

Jun 2015
This episode was nice. I was quite scared when Poco was not able to turn back into human.

r0kus said:

I think the monk will turn out to be a friend of Poco, even knowing his nature. Conflicts in this type of series are short term, and I'm not even sure there is an upcoming conflict with the monk. For whatever reason, he does suspect Poco is a tanuki, but it doesn't freak him out. He is a shrine servant so he likely accepts the "super"natural as a natural part of life. If anything, the monk's experience and knowledge will likely prove beneficial to both Souta and Poco.

I do agree with you here.
Dec 3, 2016 7:27 PM

Dec 2014
Poco tries so hard... I hope souta and Poco stay together always....
Dec 3, 2016 7:53 PM

Oct 2011
Please I hope poco and souta stay together omg
Dec 3, 2016 8:27 PM
Feb 2016
Teared up when Hiroshi flashback on how his colleagues talk behind his back about how different he is and Souta comes to his defense. I guess with how Souta accepts people's differences he can then easily accept Poco's too although it does take some time as seen in earlier episodes. The main problem for Souta would be him telling people that Poco is his friend's child that makes people wonder when Poco's assumed parents take him back along with how long can he keep the secret that Poco is in actual fact a tanuki. The monk is another problem too since he seems to know or suspects that Poco is a tanuki and we still don't know what he intends to do with Poco should he find out that Poco is indeed a tanuki.
Dec 3, 2016 8:39 PM

Jan 2015
It's just become harder for Poco to maintain his human form. Not to mention Hiroshi just getting more suspicious about Souta and Poco.
So it's like Tanuki-Poco back to the wilderness on this episode for getting some "relaxation" of his mind and then back to Souta next episode. Or that's what I thought.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 4, 2016 3:38 AM
Sep 2015
somehow to me this episode is sad, seeing how Poco panicked at not being able to turn human again, makes him realize that Souta is someone precious to him and that Poco definitely doesn't want Souta to throw him away.

The same goes for Souta, once he realize that Poco can't turn back, Souta also panicked and felt afraid that he won't be able to stay with Poco anymore

Thank God because of poco's strong desire to want to stay with Souta, he can turn back into a human. This episode is just so cute!!

Hope Souta can figure out how to keep Poco forever, because I really want them to stay, they are too cutee to be seperated. Looking forward to next week's episode
Dec 4, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2013
It was quite dramatic episode.

I wonder for how long Souta can keep the truth hidden. I mean it's not like Poco can grow so the truth will be out sooner or later.
Dec 4, 2016 5:04 AM

Jul 2014
Other than the contrived way in which Souta ended up making udon, this was an excellent episode and definitely one of the best of the series to date. It still frustrates me that Souta won't reveal the truth, but with Hiroshi he got past the issue pretty well. Still, his lies about Poco being a friend's child are catching up with him now, so it'll be interesting how he explains Poco's continued presence in his life from here on out.
Dec 4, 2016 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
Didn't expect this many feels from this episode. Thought it was going to be a funny one the way it started off but it got pretty intense quick.
I got teary eyed at times T_T

xadon said:
This episode was nice. I was quite scared when Poco was not able to turn back into human.

In regards to your spoiler I feel the same way.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 4, 2016 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
they are making Udon and i was scared there for a second because he couldn't turn back
Dec 4, 2016 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
Beautiful message in this episode. Their relation is so cute *o*, I hope they will end the anime together. Hiroshi was funny and ok with the fact that Poco could be a Tanuki, this guy is very cool.
Dec 4, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Geez, this episode was adorable. It got me right in the feels. I'm still hoping he tells someone about Poco though.
Dec 4, 2016 1:30 PM

May 2015
I didn't expect this episode to be that emotional. Probably one of the best episodes of this show so far, I loved it.

The Gao sequence was somehow funny as well, lol.

Dec 4, 2016 6:20 PM

Jan 2008
This show really hits you in the feels (´꒦ິㅂ꒦ີ `)
Dec 4, 2016 10:55 PM

Jun 2012
They are finally making udon, I thought this would focus on him taking over the shop.
Dec 5, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2014
I loved Poco's udon making song! Also, Souta remembering how his Dad used to make the udon noodles was nice.

Poco is struggling with staying in human form.

I'm not emotionally ready for them to have to say good-bye to each other, so I hope there is some way that Poco can become a real human. I really hope that they can stay together forever!

Loved the message this week about accepting people no matter how different they may be!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 5, 2016 5:36 PM
Jan 2014
Udon Cooking at last. I am a bit happy that Souta screwed up on the 1st try. Leaves room for improvement and development.

I cried for a bit when Poco was struggling on his human form (though not as much as last week when Souta was scolding and reunion scene)

But Poco constantly and repeatedly saying "Pwomise" and "Go bye, bye" was heartbreaking. He really did felt bad at the end of the ep.

Hiroshi was great this ep. Such a great character development. I know some people would have preferred Rinko or Nakajima to be the 1st one to know but they really set it up perfectly if it continued. Hiroshi (somewhat, I mean denial of he supernatural is not the way to go) accepted Poco wholeheartedly while getting over his heartbreak over a married woman. But then again, Rinko's husband hasn't been introduced yet has he? Chances of divorce are slim but possible (What, too sad and evil?)

Monk is suspicious but he said he LOVES tanuki. So... DJ Monk-sama, I beg you and God to find a way to make Poco human. (Staying as a tanuki would mean a longer lifespan, right? So... Poco would be so lonely if Souta inevitably... you get the idea)
If there's no one happy, is it really a victory?
- Kuroko Tetsuya
Dec 6, 2016 9:34 PM

Jun 2013
Terrific episode as usual, but why do i have a feeling that the end of this is going to make me cry?
Dec 7, 2016 2:16 PM

May 2010
Oh look, they actually made udon this episode. Thanks Hiroshi.
Dec 7, 2016 11:57 PM

Oct 2008
Hiroshi still couldn't get over with the married sister of Souta!
Manabu (the one who got Poco) is also the creator if GaoGao!
Hiroshi & Poco wanna make Udon! And it sounds like Souta making Udon is second nature to him!
Somehow, this time, Poco is having a hard time turning back to human form!
And Hiroshi almost suspects now Souta because he still clearly remembers the other day! But it's a good thing that Hiroshi doesn't care anymore and wanna become better of friends with Poco!
When aneki asked about Poco, Souta must think also that taking are of Poco won't be forever/eternal. But Souta still escapes reality.
4/5.

Dec 8, 2016 3:12 AM

Jul 2009
Another great episode! Poco is cute in his human or animal form!
Dec 8, 2016 5:30 PM

Oct 2012
Hell, it was about time! They really should start doing udon a lot earlier, around ep 3-4.

But I think there is a reason why Poko turned into tanuki again. He's granting him his wish, probably had known him or his father before he died and his goal is for Souta to open his restaurant and accept his regrets about the father.

No doubt Poko willl vanish after that (feelz incoming) as he is inherentely tied to that wish. Of course he would be probably watching the from the woods.

But I still have hopes Souta will get together with Sae (she doesn't seem married to when she's still living with her brother monk). To run the udon restaurant together. Or at least hint of that would be fine.
Dec 12, 2016 4:50 AM

Jun 2013
Through convincing, Hiroshi finally got Souta to make some udon noodles! We finally got the title udon noodles that many characters have been wanting to eat for the longest time.

Poco was too cute in this episode, I wish I could hug him. Poor Poco though, his ears and tail kept popping out and he finally turned into a cute tanuki.

Hiroshi, Illuminati confirmed.
臭い-
Jan 1, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely episode, I really do love where this is going!
Jan 1, 2017 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
I like that it's getting more dramatic. Must be a sad end coming.
Jan 14, 2017 3:52 AM

Mar 2015
Poco in full tanuki form is soooooooooo CUTE
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 28, 2017 11:31 PM

Jun 2016
Hiroshi still couldn't get over Rin being a married woman. Hahaha. Poor him.

Souta, Poko, and Hiroshi decided to make udon themselves and they failed at it. Haha. Poko thought what he's eating was a mochi. Pffft.

While they're making udon, Poko transformed into a tanuki and couldn't transform into a human because he's exhausted, I guess. And Hiroshi noticed the tanuki which is Poko and confronted Souta about Poko having an ears and a tail, and reminisces the moment when he's a newbie at Dahama-san's company where he was being prejudged, but Souta defended him. Awww. So, he cried and accepted Poko and he doesn't care if Poko has an ears or a tail. Haha.

I wonder what that monk is planning. Jeez. Don't you dare harm Poko, maaan.

Souta decided to let Poko be a full tanuki when it's sleeping time since yeah it exhausts him. Aww.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 6, 2020 1:33 PM

Jul 2016
A sweet message about accepting each other's differences this time but the lie about Poko's origin is slowly starting to crumble. Wonder how much longer Souta will keep it up.
Jul 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Jul 2019
The priest might be bad news but the music didn't sound ominous at all. Hopefully he's just a tanuki otaku!

Poor Hii-kun, getting head over heals in love with a girl he met for 10 seconds.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

111 by snowykevin »»
Sep 19, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

47 by bankredmeadow »»
Jul 31, 2022 8:51 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

54 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 14, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

59 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 13, 2022 11:14 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

52 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 13, 2022 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.