Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2016 4:44 AM

Jan 2011
Hey it's been a minute, hasn't it. Just a situation transition in my life where I now have a 3 year old running around a new house I now live in and everything is crazy and kind of far away from where I used to live.

I've been working different kinds of panels other than cooking, recently with the group "Carolina Retro Gamers" which run panels in conventions from GA through NC. I will be bringing back Culinary Club: Ramen panel in the coming months, as early as March 2017 in Columbia and possibly bring it to NC.

But enough about me. I happen to be purposely throwing off my sleep track because of a little nationwide holiday called Black Friday Eve, followed by the biggest family get together day of the year Black Friday, which brings tidings and cheers of great savings for Corporate XMas! Happy holidays all around (except when you go to work on the day you're supposed to give thanks for some odd reason. Kinda forget since there's already that gift giving music playing after all the Halloween decorations got taken down. But who knows, maybe I'm just bitter about something)

Anyway, down to business. Recipe for today!

(Copied from my Facebook post)
*****PREP WORK*****
Pancit Bihon noodles (soaked and strained after noodles soften, then cut into 3 inch sections. 8 oz pack will prepare for 4-6 servings)
carrots, celery, onions (bite sized pieces, cut however. I do diagonal slices about below 1 inch. You can slice onions big if you have people who pick them out)
cabbage (sliced about an inch or thin sliced)
minced garlic (about 1/2 tsp for around each 4 or so servings)
shrimp (deveined, halved, 2 pieces each serving)
Chinese sausage (small 1/4 slices, 1 sausage every 4 servings)
pork (boneless, cubed 1/2 inch pieces)
chicken (boiled, then pulled in bite-sized pieces. stock put away for later)
Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce to taste and color

****PRE-COOKING****
Put chicken in small stockpot/saucepan, fill water just above chicken. Season and boil to simmer til done. Remove chicken and remove from bones. Set both chicken and stock aside for later.
Season (salt/pepper) and cook pork full in seperate pan (if you have, add shrimp half-way through pork being done)

****PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER****
Saute carrots, celery, onions, garlic until carrots soften a little.
Add in meat cooked meat to veggies.
Lower heat and add noodles and chicken stock. Add soy sauce and mix.
Add cabbage to top. Cover pan and bring to a boil, then simmer.
Add oyster sauce to taste and fold/mix, continuing to simmer until cabbage is steamed and most of the stock is cooked in.

*****PLATING*****
Serve with a side of steamed white rice and probably some lumpia (Filipino egg rolls) Garnish top of noodles with a slice of hard-boiled egg and some green onions. Squeeze a lemon wedge over noodles and enjoy!

6pm Thursday to 6am Friday shift. Currently 7:43am Thursday. Be safe and have a wonderful whatever day this was originally was before corporate Xmas took over!

Yeah, I'm jaded.
RamenSoup43Nov 24, 2016 4:57 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» About 10 years ago....

RamenSoup43 - Mar 2, 2021

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Mar 2, 2021 7:49 PM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Chopsticks Dos and Don'ts"

RamenSoup43 - Nov 21, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 21, 2015 8:14 PM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "There's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 4, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 4, 2015 7:04 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Just showing off?"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 1, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:05 PM

» Gourmet Girl Graffiti - I've been waiting for a show like this!

RamenSoup43 - Feb 17, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Feb 17, 2015 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.