Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh I thought this episode felt kinda boring compared to the others. Drama is still pretty much evident including return of one of the guys that were previously beaten.

Homura's meeting with Chinatsu is somewhat interesting considering it's their first encounter in the present timeline. Homura's reaction to Chinatsu was like a wake up call that she's changed quite a bit. The Selector battle felt weird imo. That Satomi guy gave me creepy vibes.
Stark700Oct 28, 2016 10:48 AM
Oct 28, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, More buildup and more events are beginning to happen.

Nice of Hanna and Suzuko to work together to try and find out more info about the selector battles., Lol at Hanna's sister.
This bookmaker is a very intriguing character, He's not a selector himself but is able to tell who selectors are and set up matches between them. There was even that small portion where he disappeared near the fountain, Though I think that was just a visual effect. While his job and the information he seems to be holding is interesting, He does seem to have a nasty personality.
He probably planned the entire series of events with exact timing so he could set up the Suzuko and Chinatsu's meeting, He even chose the nostalgic park as the battle location. He definitely has access to some kind of information.

While it was great to see Chinatsu and Suzuko finally meet up after all these years, It's really sad to see what's happened to Chinatasu. She's become so cold and even seems to show a liking and tendency towards battling, Her battle style seems to reflect this especially how she shows absolutely no concern over her Lrig taking damage. At this rate I think she might be going down the same route as Iona from the original series, Losing herself in battles.

Feel sad for Suzuko seeing her role model Chinatsu in this state. :(

I guess that guy's loss to Chinatsu pretty much confirms that if you lose the LRIG takes the place of the selector. So what happens to the original person? Is this what they mean by disappear?
Lelouch0202Oct 28, 2016 11:36 AM
Oct 28, 2016 11:31 AM

Feb 2016
Best LRIG waifu Guzuko appears again!! Well, LRIG takeover confirmed to happen in the new battle system too. Do the original Selectors come to Mayu? :P
Now, interesting why did Chi-chan changed so much? And the bookmaker guy seems to know a lot more about the players and the game than it looks. Wonder if Piruluk is linked with him somehow, seeing as they both appear one after another in the opening.

But I agree Lostorage is lacking something... I know the rules, so I understand the battle mechanics but it still seems like nothing really is happening. I hope the next episodes get better now, this one was more of a buildup episode.
Also Hanna's way of speaking pisses me off. :(
AquamirrorOct 28, 2016 11:35 AM
Oct 28, 2016 11:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, now i know who my most hated character this season is. God, Chinatsu already pissed me off with her monotone talking.

She needs a huge slap in the face, no matter what happened beforehand with the bookmaker.
Oct 28, 2016 11:55 AM

Feb 2013
At least that guy disappeared.
That bookmaker is creepy.
Their reunion wasn't great.
Oct 28, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2015
I didn't expect them to meet each other this episode, damn Chinatsu completly lost her mind xD
Nobody considered to kill that bookmaker ?? disgusting character '-'
Let's ship bookmaker x chinatsu
Oct 28, 2016 12:21 PM
Nov 2015
The bookmaker reminds me of Izaya a lot...am I the only one?
Also the reunion felt too anticlimactic. I expected more but oh well.
Oct 28, 2016 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
I felt kinda disappointed with this episode. I don't get how Chinatsu went from being so desperate and emotional like 2 episodes ago, refusing to use coins in battle, and then to cold and merciless in battle. Maybe the bookmaker was involved in that, but still. And I don't see why Chinatsu would still try to win battles and stay alive if she's also so emotionless and doesn't care about friends. I'm more interested in the other chars like Hanna now, than Chinatsu (at least until this rude Chinatsu resolves back to her old self). Which sucks, because I was really interested in seeing what Chinatsu would do next after all that drama with her family fortune and then her job and grades. I wanted resolution on that.

But yeah I don't feel any remorse with that guy now out of the picture lmao. And now that his LRIG has control over his body, what is she gonna /do/ in that body? Live his life?
Oct 28, 2016 2:13 PM

Feb 2014
japaniMay said:

Now that you mention it, The Bookmaker and Izaya seems to have a similarity in a couple of things, their personally being the main comparison for me.

Due to what Chinatsu's been through already, I'm not surprised she's acting very monotone and merciless. Ripping her childhood charm off her bag must've hurt poor Homura a bit. Chinatsu needs help, but I don't see it happening for a while yet.

A good episode overall and I'm kinda glad the annoying guy is out of the picture for now.
Oct 28, 2016 2:27 PM
Mar 2016
So, there is a small difference from the previous WIXOSS, in the original, the losing side get to have her wish cruse, while the winner becomes the LIRG. Here, the loser , disappears and the body is taken over by a LIRG. As ofr Chi chan and Suzu, their friendship ends that fast , so the next time they get booked they're enemies.
Oct 28, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
Lelouch0202 said:

I guess that guy's loss to Chinatsu pretty much confirms that if you lose the LRIG takes the place of the selector. So what happens to the original person? Is this what they mean by disappear?

i think its still the "same" person after all your LRIG is made from your memories like your alter ego or something.So when you lose, your old personality is deleted and you get a new one.(there is prob more to it cuz it does not sound so bad)
Oct 28, 2016 2:30 PM
Nov 2015
Meta_Yoshi said:
japaniMay said:

Now that you mention it, The Bookmaker and Izaya seems to have a similarity in a couple of things, their personally being the main comparison for me.

Yeah, his personality was the biggest similarity for me too.
Oct 28, 2016 2:48 PM

Aug 2016
chi-chan is a savage

Still don't really know if I'm liking this series :/
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 28, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2014
Chi-chan's a badass. Probably my favorite character thus far.
Oct 28, 2016 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
Chi chan is so cruel ;((( I hope some one kicks her boot :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 7:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well now we know that once you lose, your LRIG takes over.

Chinatsu throwing that toy away, She goes from a happy girl to a complete cold, ruthless emotionless girl. That reunion felt forced imo.

Lots of Hanna this episode. So far she's been my favorite.

Oct 28, 2016 8:33 PM

Dec 2008
That bookmaker just might become my favorite character!
Oct 28, 2016 9:35 PM
Jul 2014
I wonder if Chi-chan has already been replaced by her original LRIG. That probably makes the most sense; I would expect that the LRIG would get the memories of the original girl, that being the theme this season.
Oct 28, 2016 11:11 PM

Oct 2016
Mirality said:
I wonder if Chi-chan has already been replaced by her original LRIG. That probably makes the most sense; I would expect that the LRIG would get the memories of the original girl, that being the theme this season.

No, if you lose the LRIG card will vanish (watch ep 3 to see), she still has Mel, so she isn't replaced.

Okay...so we are confirmed that the LRIG will replace the master if they lose.

the bookmaker is a sadistic who is manipulating the selectors for the LULZ. Does he really isn't a selector? that will be hard to punish him by battles like between selectors.

chi-chan became ruthless and thirst for battles, she is a real berserker now, man that escalated quickly.

So we can't avoid the fateful fight between chi and suzu, the question now is when will that happen.

oh, for cards, I really like to talk about guzuko, her ability is seem interesting but...I can't, she don't have any info now, even in december pack she won't appear, even in wixoss column of takara tomy won't have anything about her yet.

Same for Yukime.

So about chi-chan fight, she is trying to take damage first to gain eners and then counterattack, Mel's Berserk ability forced her opponent to fight and Chinatsu counter by Arts.

her most famous arts for now is:

This ARTS can only be used during your opponent's turn.
Bet - Coin x 1
This turn, whenever 1 of your SIGNI is banished other than by your own effect, banish 1 of your opponent's SIGNI.
If you bet, this turn, whenever 1 of your SIGNI is banished other than by your own effect, additionally add the top card of your deck to Life Cloth.

yeah, something like that can use to make opponent Signis destroys themself when they mindlessly attack you, and you even have a chance to gain lifes back with coin.

That is all I can i think about with short battle in anime.

p/s: this arts have an interesting flavor text:

私は嬉しいんだ。だってこの痛み、一緒だから。
(I'm glad. After all, we're feeling this pain together.)

that flavor was used by Mel in this ep.
RavenOmegaOct 28, 2016 11:16 PM
Oct 28, 2016 11:12 PM

Jun 2011
This broke my heart, poor Suzu :(
Oct 28, 2016 11:31 PM

Nov 2012
so the LRIG takes over if you lose all coins.
chi-chan sure is cold, suzuko didn't do anything wrong, no need to take out your frustration on her :/

the bookmaker seems like a pretty interesting guy, he really is kind of like izaya though i still like him (for now lol)
Oct 29, 2016 12:44 AM

Aug 2012
-Seems like things are working in reverse of the first series, with the LRIGs taking over the Selector's body when they lose rather than when they win
-Satomi's smug smile as Sumida slammed him against the wall was pretty nice
-Dang, I was hoping for Suzuko and Chinatsu to battle each other
-Looks like Satomi's some kind of sadist
-Cool, calm, collected, and absolutely ice cold Chinatsu was pretty spectacular to see, actually
-It didn't occur to me until after the episode ended that Kagari bowed to Hanna in typical shrine maiden fashion when she lost. Pretty neat how they snuck that detail in there.

Hanna's VA sounded pretty familiar in this episode specifically so I looked her up, and it turns out she shares a VA with Hanayo. That was kind of interesting. Some more plot development this episode that actually made sense, with the consequences of losing coins being demonstrated once again. Then there was also the meeting with the bookmaker, which will somehow definitely tie into the main conflict of the season later on, at least from the way he recorded and listened to Sumida's last words. And of course, Chinatsu continues to be the best character of the show so far with that performance in the second half. Even in the aftermath of the battle, she's channeling Akira levels of crazy, although she's not as loud, but I still love it.

Like, the main characters this time seem to actually be the most interesting ones in the show. This is a massive step up from the first series, and I like the direction this show seems to be taking.
Oct 29, 2016 1:50 AM

Jan 2015
So we meet Izaya bookmaker, guy from beggining lost all coins and Suzuko finally meet Iona Chinatsu.

Nice episode.
Oct 29, 2016 3:55 AM
Jul 2014
RavenOmega said:
Mirality said:

No, if you lose the LRIG card will vanish (watch ep 3 to see), she still has Mel, so she isn't replaced.

Hence my comment. It sounds like you didn't watch the episode before replying :P

What I was trying to say is that perhaps Chinatsu was replaced before the season even started. That might explain why her personality is so different from Suzu's memories. Although that could simply be the passage of time as well, so it's by no means certain.

It wouldn't even be unprecedented -- think of Iona last season.
Oct 29, 2016 4:19 AM

Oct 2016
Mirality said:
RavenOmega said:

Hence my comment. It sounds like you didn't watch the episode before replying :P

What I was trying to say is that perhaps Chinatsu was replaced before the season even started. That might explain why her personality is so different from Suzu's memories. Although that could simply be the passage of time as well, so it's by no means certain.

It wouldn't even be unprecedented -- think of Iona last season.

first, i watched the episode before replying. how can i not see this ep and know how chi-chan played in ep 4, to wrote explain about cards below?

second, we have all episode 2 to know chi-chan's life get down and her personality got changed, her personality still the same when she got Mel in the first half of episode 2, but her family and school life got worse and her personality changed in second half. She already got Mel in that time too.

i mean if she was already changed one, she must be changed before she got mel, but when she got mel, she was still a good person as suzuko memory.
RavenOmegaOct 29, 2016 4:36 AM
Oct 29, 2016 6:40 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, they really upped the sexual nature of that guy's dialogue to make is really explicit.

Like "JK" does not actually mean "virgin teenage girl", even though it might imply it. It simply means "high school girl". Like how "JS" = "primary school girl" or "JD" = "university/college girl".
Oct 29, 2016 9:35 AM

Dec 2012
The bookmaker is creepy. Now that she accepted to participate to the fight, she will need to fight.
Chinatsu totally changed after what happened to her in the second episode, but it was cruel to throw away the toy :/
Oct 29, 2016 1:11 PM

Feb 2013
Whoahoho said:

Don't spoil the other WIXOSS show here some people may have not watched it.

These forums are for this show, not that show.

This show is a mean show friends going to fight that is :(.
Oct 29, 2016 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
Hope we find out the Bookmaker's name soon, I'm saving a slot for him for my favorite characters.
Oct 29, 2016 1:19 PM
Mar 2016
PoisonedTea said:
Whoahoho said:

I kinda disagree with you about that since such spoiler would have already be provided, from the forum of the original WIXOSS, In fact by now a lot would have already read the forum discussion of the original Wixoss.
Oct 29, 2016 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
Whoahoho said:
PoisonedTea said:

I kinda disagree with you about that since such spoiler would have already be provided, from the forum of the original WIXOSS, In fact by now a lot would have already read the forum discussion of the original Wixoss.

If they wanna spoil it for themselves they are allow to. But Spoiler tags exist on this site for this reason.
You are going to break all the plot twists of the other show even when new people to the WIXOSS show may have never seen it.
Oct 29, 2016 4:02 PM

Apr 2014
so in this one its pretty much reversed as the original lol also that reunion of the 2 was exactly how i thought it was gonna be especially with what happened to her so the reactions and everything was spot on but now i just wanna see what happens next

getting better and better also was nice to see alot more Hanna <3 glad she'll have lots of screen time
"one step at a time"
Oct 29, 2016 8:02 PM

Oct 2011
Omg 😲 LRIG became the loser. Chi cHan is ice cold
Oct 30, 2016 12:00 AM

Nov 2013
So it was like I guessed, the LRIG takes over, I only though it might not be the case cause of there being guy selectors. Interesting that it still happens, also that guy had a shit ability, no wonder he lost, the user feels the same pain as the LRIG, sure it's an issue but that's not going to get you to win cause it only helps if you can do large amounts of damage to the opponent and if your doing well then you don't need to do a coin bet so it doesn't really help.

Everything is going basically how I expected it to, nothing is really a suprise its following the last WIXOSS series pretty closely. Still just finding a way to connect all the characters and get them into that nice little circle the creators make were they have everyone go back and forth without leaving the main cast or throw away people like the two who had lost.

Also the bookmaker is a good addition, having people singed into his book is good. Meaning that meetings and battles will be set up and they have to be done, pretty good and interesting way to add some stakes.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Oct 30, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2014
This episode gives me cliffhangers....

That fated reunion between Chinatsu and Suzuko.

That Chianatsu's damn attitude. Letting her Lrig getting hurt like nothing while shes in a safe zone...

Then that Satomi guy, he's listening his playlist. A recording of desperate selectors who trying to book for their battle.... Well he attitude reminds me of Ulith,

PS. I wonder Who is this girl in white.....

http:/http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/selector-wixoss/images/1/1f/LRIG_of_the_Beginning.png[/img]
NeralcmD2ndNov 1, 2016 7:27 AM

Oct 30, 2016 10:55 AM
Mar 2016
PoisonedTea said:
Whoahoho said:

If they wanna spoil it for themselves they are allow to. But Spoiler tags exist on this site for this reason.
You are going to break all the plot twists of the other show even when new people to the WIXOSS show may have never seen it.

Duly noted.........................................................
Oct 31, 2016 7:18 AM

Sep 2010
So Guzuko is in Takeshi's body now... Feels weird with -that- girl replacing -that- guy since their personalities are completely different, and that's on top of the gender difference.

Wonder if it'll be as the end of the OP sequence depicts, with selectors bound to new LRIG cards...

Also, I wonder if other selectors are "paired" as Suzuko and Chinatsu are. That is, Suzuko's LRIG, Ril, is based on Chinatsu, and Chinatsu's LRIG, Mel, is based on Suzuko.
Oct 31, 2016 1:52 PM

Jan 2008
Ahahaha, that Metal Gear Solid easter egg in the chat Hanna was checking out :D

Bookmaker is terribly annoying, I hope he faces divine retribution soon. Wonder how many yaoi doujins this episode gave birth to tho'.
Oct 31, 2016 6:20 PM

Oct 2008
Chi-chan is so cold! Like Absolute Zero cold!
4/5.

Nov 1, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2014
Chinatsu: Reru are you alright??

Reru: I'm fine. Because your pain is my pain

-Reru is masochist Confirmed
\

Nov 1, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
This Bookmaker guy is interesting. I wonder what his tie is if he's not a Selector himself? Well seems like we DO get the whole LRIG takes over your body thing, just like last time. Chinatsu's ability is pretty interesting, but I'm not quite sure why she kept taking the hits in the beginning though. Well anyway, looks like Suzuko knows what Chinatsu thinks about their friendship now huh ... anyway, looking forward to the next episode :)
Nov 4, 2016 5:01 AM

Jun 2013
Poor siscon guy :( His sister is mindlessly walking somewhere. I may be wrong if you "disappear" that means your memories disappear? Like you're some sort of vegetable?

Suzuko seems to run into the weirdos all the time.
臭い-
Nov 4, 2016 8:36 AM

Jan 2013
Bibimbapski said:
Poor siscon guy :( His sister is mindlessly walking somewhere. I may be wrong if you "disappear" that means your memories disappear? Like you're some sort of vegetable?

no it seems that you get a new personality

maybe its your alter ago or something else.There is def something fishy about that whole LRIG of the beginning deal.
Nov 6, 2016 3:49 AM

Jul 2009
Bookmaker is evil. We know who he will make fight when there's only 1 coin left.
Nov 16, 2016 1:49 AM

Dec 2012
Yuichi!!!!!!

LMAO at Takeshi begging Kou.

How the hell did he trip when the bottle hit him? LOL

The fated meeting!

Takeshi: Time to take my virgin teenager!

Me: LMAO

Takeshi: I'll ram the best thing I have right through your hole!

Me: LMAO

So when the Selector loses the LRIG takes over. I so did not see that coming. I'll miss you Takeshi. You were the Rance of the series.

Oh, snap. Chinatsu dropped their bond of friendship.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 5, 2016 10:20 AM

Feb 2013
So far im not sure if liking this... Is just like the original with some minor changes...idk

Jan 29, 2017 3:43 PM

Nov 2013
Hanna and her way to speak were cute in this episode. Her sister is quite peculiar too.

The bookmaker is a creepy dude.

Chinatsu vs Takeshi. She has become a cold, evil bitch.

It's good, that Takeshi is gone though. So, the LRIG takes over the body.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 13, 2021 7:03 AM

Feb 2014
Yikes this bookmaker guys is such a creep. And he really knows how to manipulate people

Suminda has been such a douchebag, I'm glad he didn't see success. I don't specifically want to make any of the characters suffer, but let's just say I'm enjoying his bad karma :p But wow, the LRIG takes over the person's body when they disappear O.o I wonder what dark twist happens if they use all 5 coins

Noooo Chinatsu, she just threw their friendship out the window :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

104 by Zevitjoss »»
Jul 1, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

94 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 11:28 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

40 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:53 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:24 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.