Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2016 6:12 AM
Aug 2016
Do you have an anime that you think not many people know but everyone should watch?

Mine is uninhabited planet survive. I finished watching it last week. I think its meant for younger children but I still liked it a lot. Sorry but I can't think of a better example right now.

EDIT: its called Mujin wakusei Survive on MAL
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 11, 2016 9:40 AM
Apr 2016
Hmm... Well I think ''Mononoke'' isn't getting the love and recognition it deserves. Sure the art style is a bit wierd, but its one hell of a ride non the less (/・ω・)/
Oct 11, 2016 11:09 AM

May 2016
Nijst said:
Do you have an anime that you think not many people know but everyone should watch?

Mine is uninhabited planet survive. I finished watching it last week. I think its meant for younger children but I still liked it a lot. Sorry but I can't think of a better example right now.

EDIT: its called Mujin wakusei Survive on MAL

Wow, I had never come across someone who watched that one. I think is one of the best Animes for children, but I guess adults can still enjoy it. It's very relaxing and enjoyable.

But the two Animes I would say deserve way more recognition are Digimon Tamers, which is the best Anime for children of all time (actually, how the hell is it aimed at children!) and Princess Tutu, which is unbelievable and yet it's the 792th Anime in terms of popularity here on MAL. Very underrated.
Oct 11, 2016 11:24 AM
Aug 2016
@kermit94 I watched the first episode of digimon but I didn't think I would be able to watch all those episodes so I dropped that one, but I never heard of Princess Tutu but it sounds interesting so I'm going to watch it.

@kaosses I never heared about Mononoke. I'll try watching it right now

Edit: I couldn't find Mononoke but I did watch the first episode of princess Tutu.. Its not what I expected, maby I should have read the whole summary before saying its sounds interestting... I'm sorry to say this but I'm not ging to watch it after all.
NijstOct 11, 2016 11:47 AM
Oct 11, 2016 12:33 PM

May 2016
No problem, but it changes a lot as it goes along. And I like Digimon but I was talking specifically about Tamers, the third series, as it is the best in my opinion.
Oct 11, 2016 3:29 PM
Aug 2016
@kermit94 I will add it to my watching list and try to watch more episodes when I have more time (my holiday starts next week)
Oct 12, 2016 5:50 AM
Oct 2016
I'm not sure if they count for this but in my case it would be Chrno Crusade (#360) and Jormungand (#374).

Chrno Crusade has a good mixture of lighthearted comedic elements, decent action and dark (but not bleak) sides. Most characters have a fitting backstory that is revealed with time. Maybe this description praises a bit too much, but i really like the development from lighthearted action to something melancholic. Furthermore it doesn't have your usual Shonen-MC ^^

For Jormungand: It has a setting similar to Black Lagoon which in itself already seems to be somewhat rare. But it isn't as dark as BL which for me was sometimes a bit too bleak. Also the responsible studio is White Fox (Steins;Gate, Akame ga Kill).
So i liked it mainly for the reason that it has setting that isn't overused and its professionally crazy mercenary characters.
("Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said Oh no")
Oct 12, 2016 6:21 AM
Sep 2016
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is the best unpopular anime acording to me.
_
Oct 13, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2016
Grimgar was great and so beautiful, watching it relaxed me. I hope there will be a season 2 !

I haven't watched too many unpopullar anime so i don't really know. I rarely see / hear people knowing Inuyasha so I never knew if it was known or not. If not, then this is my choice :D
Oct 13, 2016 2:12 PM
Aug 2016
I'm currently watching Grimgar an dI'm liking it so far. I have never watched Inuyasha but I will try it
Nov 6, 2016 2:46 PM
Feb 2012
Kemono no Souja Erin

Even though it's ranked #124 it's only #1441 in popularity.
The anime follows Erin from her childhood to adulthood and teaches many lessons about life along the way.
It is originally made for kids, but due to the theme and seriousness of the story suitable for every one.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on "Harem" genre?

Shinzui- - Oct 9, 2016

14 by Atheos_Athanatos »»
Apr 7, 2020 4:43 AM

» Modern 9gagers, reply to this I guess if you want

Greenlandball - Oct 13, 2018

0 by Greenlandball »»
Oct 13, 2018 3:44 PM

» Who's your waifu?

Brensu - Oct 5, 2016

13 by lacuela »»
Apr 20, 2017 10:44 PM

» Upcoming animes ( 1 2 )

NoMirai - Oct 5, 2016

62 by NoMirai »»
Dec 30, 2016 6:24 AM

» Need a suggestion !!

NoMirai - Oct 24, 2016

9 by Morgas »»
Nov 6, 2016 1:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.