Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2016 8:21 AM
Dec 2013
Looking at the description of the anime, it will almost look like that one moe-zombie anime Gakkougurashi! The design looks good and I hope the anime will be good too and not a whole copy of Gakkougurashi!, otherwise it will feel like I am rewatching it, but with different characters.

But thumbs up for more zombie animes without jiggling boobs fanservice.
Aug 21, 2016 7:59 AM

Jan 2016
So it wasn't just me! I doubt this will be a carbon copy of Gakkougurashi! but they both give me that horror slice-of-life vibe. Wish the manga was scanlated so I didn't have to wait for the anime to check it out :/

Thumbs up for more zombie anime in general! ^u^ haha
Aug 21, 2016 8:02 AM

Feb 2013
I hope because i love gakkou gurashi <3

Dec 7, 2016 2:00 AM

Mar 2016
It's tagged as comedy, but not horror, and its source material is 4-koma so......
No seriously.
Mar 27, 2017 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
Had the same thought too, zombies with moe are spreading
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jun 28, 2017 9:12 AM

May 2017
Yesssss oh my goodness! why are there so many copycat animus coming out?

First the Konosuba copycat, now Gakkougurashii?!
Jan 4, 2018 7:21 AM
Oct 2015
Late but yeah, gakkougurashi vibe * - *)
Mar 20, 2018 6:18 AM
Oct 2014
Gakkougurashii next story :v
holy lol XD
Mar 20, 2018 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
I would prefer this with horror instead of comedy tag, the former would definitely end up being funnier than the latter.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 2018 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
same, i also thought that
Aug 10, 2018 4:13 PM

Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
I would prefer this with horror instead of comedy tag, the former would definitely end up being funnier than the latter.

So it should be both comedy and horror. Horror is unfunny without comedy.
Aug 10, 2018 4:30 PM

Nov 2016
Hrybami said:
FMmatron said:

Personally I think that horror series can end up being funnier,see Osama Game and Mahou Shoujo Site. What do you think @Illyricus.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 2018 4:32 PM

Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
Hrybami said:

Personally I think that horror series can end up being funnier,see Osama Game and Mahou Shoujo Site. What do you think @Illyricus.

I personally laughed more with Another and Mayoiga than with Mahou Shoujo Site, but it might be personal preference I guess. Horror + Comedy is the best imo.
Aug 10, 2018 4:39 PM

Nov 2016
Hrybami said:
FMmatron said:

I personally laughed more with Another and Mayoiga than with Mahou Shoujo Site, but it might be personal preference I guess. Horror + Comedy is the best imo.

Another doesn't have the comedy tag,tho,but you're right with Mayoiga.

Aug 10, 2018 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
Hrybami said:

Another became comedy only in the latter half. I guess that's why it doesn't have the tag.
Aug 10, 2018 4:50 PM

Nov 2016
Hrybami said:
FMmatron said:

Another became comedy only in the latter half. I guess that's why it doesn't have the tag.

It wasn't intentional, aside from one scene with the dance.The writing and presentation made it look rather hilarious,basically the same as in the examples I mentioned. So you agree with me now ? :P

Aug 10, 2018 4:59 PM

Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
Hrybami said:

It wasn't intentional, aside from one scene with the dance.The writing and presentation made it look rather hilarious,basically the same as in the examples I mentioned. So you agree with me now ? :P

How is this not intentional? The last few episodes were just a bunch of absurd scenes coming one after another. It's a comedy technique for making the audience laugh and it worked. You can't take something seriously when it demonstrate itself how absurd it is. It's intentionally funny.
Aug 10, 2018 5:07 PM

Nov 2016
Hrybami said:
FMmatron said:

How is this not intentional? The last few episodes were just a bunch of absurd scenes coming one after another. It's a comedy technique for making the audience laugh and it worked. You can't take something seriously when it demonstrate itself how absurd it is. It's intentionally funny.

The death scenes just looked funny cause they tried too hard to shock the audience,same with the overblown finale where everyone went crazy. This is what happens when bungler are at work. If it was intentional then there would have been some tropes or other hints. It's been a while since I've watched Another,but I can't remember any of that.

Aug 11, 2018 1:04 AM

Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
Hrybami said:

The death scenes just looked funny cause they tried too hard to shock the audience,same with the overblown finale where everyone went crazy. This is what happens when bungler are at work. If it was intentional then there would have been some tropes or other hints. It's been a while since I've watched Another,but I can't remember any of that.

I see no problem with them trying to mix shock factor with comedy. That was actually one of the theme of the show after all, so it's logical that they utilize this theme at their advantage while going crazy about it. The hint was that the show no longer took itself seriously when the plot went basically no where and it became just a crazy bloodfest. I think that's enough evidence that these scenes were not supposed to be taken seriously. I mean some american horror film use the same kind of humour and I never heard anyone say it was unintentionally funny. I don't know how it's so hard to understand in Another's case. I mean, how can you make a scene like this and don't expect anyone to laugh:
Aug 11, 2018 4:33 AM

Jul 2013
FMmatron said:
Hrybami said:

Pretty much. But that's not that strange, tbh, most of horror anime tend to be unintentionally funny most of the times.
Aug 11, 2018 5:01 AM

Nov 2016
Hrybami said:
FMmatron said:

I see no problem with them trying to mix shock factor with comedy. That was actually one of the theme of the show after all, so it's logical that they utilize this theme at their advantage while going crazy about it. The hint was that the show no longer took itself seriously when the plot went basically no where and it became just a crazy bloodfest. I think that's enough evidence that these scenes were not supposed to be taken seriously. I mean some american horror film use the same kind of humour and I never heard anyone say it was unintentionally funny. I don't know how it's so hard to understand in Another's case. I mean, how can you make a scene like this and don't expect anyone to laugh:

Like I said,imo it looks like the staff wasn't able to create the right mood, be it due to lack of time, talent or whatever. Your example honestly just screams that they didn't give a shit how it would look like and I wouldn't neither, the guy was fodder anyways.

Aug 11, 2018 6:13 AM

Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
Hrybami said:

Like I said,imo it looks like the staff wasn't able to create the right mood, be it due to lack of time, talent or whatever. Your example honestly just screams that they didn't give a shit how it would look like and I wouldn't neither, the guy was fodder anyways.

Well at this point it's impossible to know what happened during the episode production. Instead we should rather look the final result and examine the directional choice during the episodes. Be it that they didn't could set up the good mood, but that doesn't explain why these scenes were overly exaggerated. Because if they were planning the audience to take the episode seriously, then they would go for creating tension which it didn't exactly have. Instead we got a festival of crazy and absurd scenes and I don't believe it's pure coincidence since the director for another like to go this way in his anime. Shirobako and Girls und Panzer also had this overly exagerated scenes kind of humour going on in the two last episodes. The feeling I got while watching the ending of Another was that the comedy was purely intentional.
Aug 21, 2019 2:49 AM

Jul 2016
I really liked Gakkougurashi so I hope this anime turns out to be good without copying Gakkougurashi.
Nov 12, 2019 12:18 AM

Jul 2017
They've had a lot of time to work on it since it was announced, so hopefully they have an interesting take on the zombies in anime high school genre.
Dec 27, 2020 12:29 PM
Mar 2016
Tomatepompom said:
Looking at the description of the anime, it will almost look like that one moe-zombie anime Gakkougurashi! The design looks good and I hope the anime will be good too and not a whole copy of Gakkougurashi!, otherwise it will feel like I am rewatching it, but with different characters.

But thumbs up for more zombie animes without jiggling boobs fanservice.

Not only is the premise similar, but both feature Mao Ichimichi in a main role. She seems to be the MC here, but she was Rii in GG.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice in Deadly School Episode 1 (OVA) Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 4, 2021

53 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Sep 19, 5:35 AM

» ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenderizer79 - Aug 8, 2017

7 by ethancargio »»
May 3, 2023 1:17 AM

» The listing of this OVA is bugged

saske13 - Feb 16, 2021

4 by removed-user »»
Mar 2, 2021 5:23 AM

» This might be just one episode EDIT: It's confirmed now

MegamiRem - Jan 4, 2021

19 by MegamiRem »»
Feb 1, 2021 1:50 AM

» Is the version of this is the Gekidol New Years Special the entire OVA

ALittleBitofJean - Jan 4, 2021

1 by KANLen09 »»
Jan 4, 2021 7:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.