Jul 2018
ew why was i like this
removed-userAug 11, 2022 8:18 AM
Jul 25, 2016 12:07 AM

Aug 2012
If it's set in a school it's generic.
Jul 25, 2016 1:16 AM

Sep 2013
This show definitely feels like it's been done before. It's a typical "aliens attack the earth" scenario. It's been done so many times that they aren't even bothering to tell us who the aliens are, what they look like or what their purpose is. For this show, it's enough to simply know that they are the bad guys and they want to kill humans. Not naming something is, by definition, generic. Like when you go to the store and buy the tube that says "Toothpaste" instead of the one that says "Colgate." These aliens things (assuming they are aliens...for all we know they come from the center of the earth or the depths of the oceans) don't even have a proper name. They are just The Unknown.

Also, there is very little background about what has gone before. We are to assume there is a back story. The adults put the kids to sleep and fought the aliens until the kids woke up ... with powers for some reason. We're not really sure where the adults are now. There seem to be a few of them around, but not many. Are they all dead? I really understood more of the plot from reading the MAL plot summary than from the first 3 episodes themselves.

Also, there are too many characters thrown at us too quickly. I can't even remember any of their names. There is the MC jerk who I refer to as Asshole-Kun. I think the blonde girl is his sister or something. She seems to have some sort of singing powers that do something but I'm not sure what; enhance Asshole-Kun's battle skills? She apparently only knows one song, but her solo is somehow accompanied by a full band....not sure how exactly. There's the cool kid who doesn't care about his standing and is like number 400 or something but is still somehow on this weird war council of teenagers. He has a sister we'll call Red-Headed-Bitch-Chan. Then there is the apparently mega-powerful clueless girl and the chick who is lusting after her. I think there are a couple of adults who give orders to the teen council or something.

Nothing is fleshed out. They just basically throw these characters into some situations with little or no explanation as to what the hell is going on. Their personalities are tropes and 1-dimensional as hell. Character interaction is surface level at best.

Regarding the lack of ecchi or harem elements...I guess I just have to disagree. The 2nd episode was a swimsuit episode for crying out loud. I mean, really? Bikinis at episode two? Like they wouldn't be given proper diving gear. They weren't doing upskirt panty-shots, but that was definitely some fan service going on.

I feel that a non-generic show will introduce the characters slowly, allowing the viewer to really get to know each one of them so that the audience will feel invested in the events that affect the MCs. The plot will unfold around the characters rather than the viewers simply being told "Ok, some crap happened 10 or 20 years ago, but that's not important, here's a fight scene." Antagonists will be properly developed rather than being bland and, well, generic.

I could go on an on about the failings of this horribly generic show, but I'm rambling so I'll shut up. Anyway, just one man's opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 25, 2016 3:15 AM

May 2016
rewatching Black Bullet, and this Qualidea code is basicly the same anime with different MC.
Jul 25, 2016 12:42 PM

May 2013
This show could really use a story at this point. It's basically like a big deja vu fest right now
Aug 8, 2016 4:16 AM

Jul 2012
if it's evil vs good then it's generic
Aug 8, 2016 4:52 AM

Mar 2015
Senpaoi said:
[...] the plot and how they execute it is pretty new.

How is this plot new? What of this plot is even in the slightest way possible new?

(I'd really like to know! If someone can enlighten me, please do so.)
Aug 8, 2016 8:29 AM

Mar 2015
Memor said:
Illumin4tive said:

How is this plot new? What of this plot is even in the slightest way possible new?

(I'd really like to know! If someone can enlighten me, please do so.)

Actually it isn't.

Damn, I really didn't know that. *sarcasm*
Illumin4tiveAug 8, 2016 2:11 PM

More topics from this board

» Qualidea Code's name meaning

Havamug - May 25

2 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 28, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.