Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 17, 2016 3:12 AM

Oct 2015
I pretty much said I hated what they where doing before (when I saw the first episode) but after getting half way into it I am kind of liking this show especially with the lack of dragon ball esque screaming in the recent episodes and especially after that episode with Alexander which I felt was greatly adapted from the manga. What do you guys think?

(BTW Im still not entirely a fan of what they did with the animation but its kind of growing on me slightly)
May 17, 2016 9:05 AM

Feb 2013
Cyborg_Dragon said:
I pretty much said I hated what they where doing before (when I saw the first episode) but after getting half way into it I am kind of liking this show especially with the lack of dragon ball esque screaming in the recent episodes and especially after that episode with Alexander which I felt was greatly adapted from the manga. What do you guys think?

(BTW Im still not entirely a fan of what they did with the animation but its kind of growing on me slightly)

It's done by the Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong studio groups.
Tyo and LIDEN are doing something completely out of their norm and it shows.
May 17, 2016 2:01 PM
May 2016
horrible let down. Now in s1 the animation was far better, the attention to detail to each fighting stile - the sounds were made so accurate. Now we get some cheap animation with far worse detail and overall there is a cheerful feeling while watching this s2 episodes. So far they have not made even an attempt at creating the same atmosphere the old season had. Just think of Adolfs fight - don't know about others but it gave me goosebumps and made me sympathetic to the character - his story, his anger everything. Now I can barely keep my eyes open till the end. The OP song is a complete train wreck. If they could stop and give it back to the old studio a lot of people would be happy.
May 18, 2016 5:05 AM

May 2014
I haven't read the manga, but I think it's good enough. I think comparing it to S1 is an invalid excuse to say this is horrible, and just because the art and animation changed (it's up to you if you think it in a bad or good way), or showing some comedic atmosphere unlike in S1 where they mostly leaned on the dark and serious side, doesn't mean this is already bad show.
May 18, 2016 7:02 AM

Aug 2010
I have not read the manga.

In comparison to season 1, this season 2 is different. S1's atmosphere felt more heavy and there were more gory murder scenes as well as a lot of emotional backstory of the characters' past. True when I first watched S2, especially after the 1st episode, I was disappointed and considered dropping the S2, so glad I didn't because I find in S2 what S1 lacked - plot development.

Although the animation style is different and the storytelling too (hence the atmosphere of the anime changed as well), rather than saying it's "bad", I'd say it's just "different" compared to S1. The atmosphere isn't as heavy as in S1, but I think in S2 there is more balance in terms of atmosphere, plot development and each characters' developments. I have enjoyed watching each episode of the S2, although of course, it is not without its flaws. And by now (episode 7) I'm already used to the changes in animation style etc lol. I think perhaps more should give the S2 a chance by watching it beyond the 1st episode especially.
blue-yMay 18, 2016 7:07 AM
May 18, 2016 4:26 PM

Oct 2007
S1 was already quite "meh", but it had it's aspects which made it different and unique. Those aspect are totally lost in S2, which makes it horrible and unwatchable imo.

There's tons of good anime to watch, don't waste your time on this.

More topics from this board

» What chapter?

Saku33 - Jun 20

0 by Saku33 »»
Jun 20, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

90 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

35 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

34 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.