Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 2016 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Eh another gender bender series but with more goofy artwork than expected.

Some really awkward conversation dialogues used already too L
Jun 23, 2016 5:23 AM

Apr 2013
I'm a fan of this one. It's presenting its themes in a lighthearted way that isn't overbearing, without reducing it to a joke. That said, I'm a bit iffy on the 'back before we got married' narrative perspective. It's somewhat jarring for things to be told this way, but it's probably the best way to touch on all the topics that it wants to in only 9 chapters, so I guess there isn't much to do about it.

I like the artwork -- I think it has to be that way to have the series remain lighthearted and easy to swallow. I prefer more stylised stuff like this to the more semi-realistic stuff in most manga. Oyasumi Punpun is another good example of this.

The characters are pretty entertaining and engaging to read; I like both Chii-chan and the husband. I think that the dialogue and themes are flowing along quite smoothly so far. I particularly liked how it started off with this:

Stuff like "he's just another guy" and "he's a friend of a friend" went through my head. I never thought in my wildest dreams this would be the guy I would have a romantic relationship with and even end up marrying.

Semi-cliche start, but then it shows the believable (if goofy) transition from that mindset to Chii-chan falling in love with him and starting to worry about telling him about how she's transitioning. Even moreso, the (not-yet) husband's reaction to her confession was quite wonderful.

Everything may have a comedic spin on it, but these are actual real-life issues that real people go through, and Hanayome has done a great job of reminding readers of this.

This is quite an enjoyable read so far -- I'm enjoying the presentation and how they're scratching the surface of a bunch of issues that they are assumedly going to go into more detail with in later chapters. This is an easy-to-swallow but hardly faint-hearted series, and I think it'll become one of my favourites if it continues to get better from here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanayome wa Moto Danshi. Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2016

9 by Fukur0San »»
Oct 8, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Hanayome wa Moto Danshi. Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2016

1 by Fall »»
Jun 24, 2016 12:42 AM

Poll: » Hanayome wa Moto Danshi. Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2016

1 by Fall »»
Jun 24, 2016 12:30 AM

Poll: » Hanayome wa Moto Danshi. Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2016

1 by Fall »»
Jun 23, 2016 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hanayome wa Moto Danshi. Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
Feb 29, 2016 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.