Forum Settings
Forums
Fruits Basket Another
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2016 11:09 AM
Jun 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Interesting chapter. Seems to be a bit more progress for Sawa. I got an initial impression that the dark haired girl is Momiji's daughter, though it Takaya is keeping with a mirror image of Fruits Basket, she could be Saki Hanajima's daughter. It's possible that the other girl could be Arisa and Kureno's kid, as something about her smile reminded me of Kureno.

We also get to meet Kakeru's daughter, who is a clone of him personality-wise. Looks like they will be going to Mutsuki's house for sukiyaki, which could be the next full chapter. Again, Sora reminded me so much more of Momiji personality-wise.

Next chapter is some brief stories, which I have seen but haven't translated yet.
May 17, 2020 11:02 AM
Aug 2019
Rio Mosca is Saki hanajima son with a foreigner, omg Megumi's wish when he was a young boy came true because Rio's father got on a plane to see Saki that's so sweet.
Oh god, Sawa's mother I don't like her wow you are a parent you are not supposed to say that to your child what is wrong with you trying to play the victim that's abuse what the hell.
We meet Mina Sohma she's Momiji's daughter. And they went to a batting center together with Sora, Mutsuki, Hajime, and Sawa. Seems like Momiji has a very successful career from what they are saying.
We see adult Momo, Momiiji's younger sister, that means after the curse break he finally got closer to her, I'm happy for them.

Shiki was shocked knowing Sawa might go to the vacation home during summer, Chizuru smirking knowing whats up with Shiki. From what I've seen so far Shiki might have a crush on Sawa.

For chapter 8.5, Ruriko was invited and went to Sohma's vacation home the year before also her mom telling her to chill out lol. That was nice of Mutsuki to pretend and make a school's BBQ event over the summer so Sawa can come and her mom won't question it nice trick Mutsuki. lmao, they mention the Jason thing, Hajime mentioning his dad getting tormented by that even by the next generation was so hilarious.

There's also a bonus chapter for the end of volume 2.
This chapter was so wholesome omg it's a Mutsuki chapter focused on him with his family when he was younger recalling his happy memories with them. On snowy days they go out as a family leaving trails of footprints in the snow, it's like a family tradition.
In a flashback, we also see Ren with a knife trying to attack little Shiki but Akito took the blow what the heck Ren you crazy.
Also, Yuki telling Mutsuki about the zodiac curse and him understanding why somethings felt off to him. Mutsuki telling Yuki and Machi that he's happy that they are his parent's making Yuki cry tears of happiness. This chapter is making me emotional.
TellatezMay 17, 2020 11:33 AM

More topics from this board

» Who is sending the letters to Shiki? Have Shomas been really healed by Tohru?

Majo_no_Hana - Jun 18, 2023

1 by Chileno-12 »»
Aug 22, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: Another Chapter 9 Discussion

Tellatez - May 18, 2020

1 by Ishiryoku »»
Jun 19, 2023 9:48 AM

» Was this series cancelled?

-SP- - Jun 29, 2021

7 by KikiSohma »»
Dec 14, 2022 6:53 PM

» Physical Volume 3

Yassi-chan - Oct 28, 2021

2 by KikiSohma »»
Dec 14, 2022 6:49 PM

» New Volume/Chapters

GeorgeDeSand - Apr 28, 2022

2 by KikiSohma »»
Dec 14, 2022 6:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.