Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2016 10:30 PM

Sep 2014
does PSO2 go back to Ragol? or is Ragol referenced at all?

I only played the first PSO on dreamcast and gamecubes ep 1&2. i really enjoyed the game and wondering if there was any form of resolution to incidents involving the pioneer projects and Dark Falz. Felt pretty open after killing Flowen at the bottom of the ocean. like there is a lot more to expand upon.

Jan 18, 2016 10:54 AM

Sep 2007
Nope. Everything you see in PSO2 that's from PSO1 (characters, outfits, weapons, etc.) is fanservice.

PSO Episode III C.A.R.D. and PSO Blue Burst: Episode 4 expanded on more stuff about PSO1's world and characters, which is technically what you're looking for.

PSO2 is its own story so far.
Jan 20, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
Massaki said:
Nope. Everything you see in PSO2 that's from PSO1 (characters, outfits, weapons, etc.) is fanservice.

PSO Episode III C.A.R.D. and PSO Blue Burst: Episode 4 expanded on more stuff about PSO1's world and characters, which is technically what you're looking for.

PSO2 is its own story so far.
okay...i ended up passin on PSO ep 3 because of the "C.A.R.D." play system. i still have my GC i could possibly go find a copy.

PSO2 being it's own story intrigues me, and it was some of the stuff i was hoping to see watching this anime.

more questions. how is the gameplay? is it more of a "true" MMO as oppose to PSO's diabloesque action RPG play style? the in-game setting being much more expansive than PSO? something like multiple worlds in the game?
Jan 20, 2016 10:39 PM

May 2011
[quote=Maloghurst]
Massaki said:

more questions. how is the gameplay? is it more of a "true" MMO as oppose to PSO's diabloesque action RPG play style? the in-game setting being much more expansive than PSO? something like multiple worlds in the game?

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly but PSO2 is still an instance based game where you visit the counter and select the "world"/map you want to go to.

I don't know what you mean by in-game setting being more expansive? I'm guessing something like Pioneer 2? The episode 4 update is somewhat like a "Pioneer 2" upgrade.
Jan 21, 2016 7:26 PM

Sep 2014
[quote=AkitaSaito message=44342831]
Maloghurst said:
Massaki said:

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly but PSO2 is still an instance based game where you visit the counter and select the "world"/map you want to go to.

I don't know what you mean by in-game setting being more expansive? I'm guessing something like Pioneer 2? The episode 4 update is somewhat like a "Pioneer 2" upgrade.
i'm asking if the in-game layout is something like WoW where you have your instances are sitting inside of an even bigger overarching map and the servers holding a pretty sizeable population. unlike PSO's more simplified set up of you only having 4 people in a game, your hub and your instances.

also if the gameplay itself is relatively the same as PSO1's

hope that clears it up
Jan 23, 2016 6:46 AM

Sep 2007
AkitaSaito said:
]i'm asking if the in-game layout is something like WoW where you have your instances are sitting inside of an even bigger overarching map and the servers holding a pretty sizeable population. unlike PSO's more simplified set up of you only having 4 people in a game, your hub and your instances.

hope that clears it up

The gameplay's pretty much the natural evolution of PSO1. If I were to compare it to another game these days, it would Monster Hunter. Similar concept, different execution.

As for the in-game layout, it's pretty much the same as PSO1 with some added changes. Party's are still restricted to 4 players. You select your field from the mission counter in the lobby. Large fields can hold 12 players spread through several parties.

So, yeah, it's still very PSO1 in it's structure at its core.
Jan 23, 2016 8:51 PM

Sep 2014
Massaki said:
AkitaSaito said:
]i'm asking if the in-game layout is something like WoW where you have your instances are sitting inside of an even bigger overarching map and the servers holding a pretty sizeable population. unlike PSO's more simplified set up of you only having 4 people in a game, your hub and your instances.

hope that clears it up

The gameplay's pretty much the natural evolution of PSO1. If I were to compare it to another game these days, it would Monster Hunter. Similar concept, different execution.

As for the in-game layout, it's pretty much the same as PSO1 with some added changes. Party's are still restricted to 4 players. You select your field from the mission counter in the lobby. Large fields can hold 12 players spread through several parties.

So, yeah, it's still very PSO1 in it's structure at its core.
that's tickling my nostalgia. i want to play the game..but i also want to play it legit and wait for a possible west release....i hear there is an english mod patch
Jan 23, 2016 10:14 PM

Sep 2007
Maloghurst said:

that's tickling my nostalgia. i want to play the game..but i also want to play it legit and wait for a possible west release....i hear there is an english mod patch

Don't keep yourself waiting for a west release. It's been 4 years. SEGA's sheer incompetence at failing to say anything conclusive about it's western release is shameful and they won't admit to canceling something that was announced to come because it'll damage their image. Better to say it's delayed than saying it's canceled.

There is a number of english patches for the JP version, and they all work pretty well.

Even if PSO2 did get a western release, it'd be 4 years behind on content and at this stage that's something you don't want.

More topics from this board

» It makes sense that they'd make this series...

vigorousjammer - Sep 19, 2015

4 by Lucifrost »»
Jul 17, 2022 2:37 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2016

35 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 11, 2020 4:07 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

51 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 6, 2020 6:25 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

132 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:56 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

64 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 2020 9:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.