New
Dec 22, 2009 12:57 PM

Apr 2009
Tell about where you are from. =D

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 22, 2009 1:13 PM

Apr 2009
I start.

I am from Danmark, Danmark is a country in Scandinavia/ North Europa. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EU-Denmark.svg)

The nation was made in the 8th century

Capital: Copenhagen

government: Constitutional monarchy

The language: 1st language Danish. 2nd English. 3 rd German.'

Ethnic groups: 90.5% Danish, 9.5% other groups (Germans, Swedes, Norwegians, Bosnians, Turks, Arabs, Pakistanis, Kurds)

Danmark is known for: Vikings, LEGO, and bridges.

Famous persons:
-Hans Christian Andersen (Poetry , and adventure writer)
- Bertel Thorvaldsen ( sculptures maker, He was the 1st Protestant to make a statue of a Pope)
-Søren Kierkegaard ( philosopher)
-Jacob Riis ( a photographer there took to the U.S and take some pictures in New York´s working class districts)
-Lars von Trier ( movie director)
- Karen Blixen ( Writer)
-Niels Bohr ( Physicists)
-Tycho Brahe ( Astronomers)
-Hans Christian Ørsted ( Physicists)

Religion: Lutheranism 81,5 %, Islam 2% , ohter religions and Atheism 16,5 %
According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll 2005, 31% of Danish citizens responded that "they believe there is a god", whereas 49% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and 19% that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force" Denmark has the third highest proportion of atheists and agnostics in the world, estimated to be between 43% and 80%.

Currency: Danish krones ( DKK) ( 1 Euro ---> 7,45 DKK)

Geography: southwest of Sweden and south of Norway, and bordered to the south by Germany. The country consists of a large peninsula, Jutland (Jylland) and many islands, most notably Zealand (Sjælland), Funen (Fyn), Vendsyssel-Thy, Lolland, Falster and Bornholm. Must of Denmark are Agriculture. Danmark are 43.094 km² are the 132 biggest country in the world, but if you take the Danish colonis with ( Greenland ( greenland are 2,166,086 km² big) and Faroe Islands ( 1,399km² big) ) it is 2,210,579 km² big what make it the 13 biggest country in the world.

Short history:

Here is some pic from my country:

VonkejserDec 23, 2009 6:37 AM

Dec 22, 2009 1:40 PM

Apr 2009
I am from Lithuania, Lithuania is a country in Europe near Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Baltic Sea.

First this country was mentioned in 1009, when Christians tried to make our Pagan country Christian. They killed the pope and his monks with rocks (Yeah very nice xDD)

Independence dates:

Independence from Russia (1918)
- First mention of Lithuania 14 February 1009
- Coronation of Mindaugas 6 July 1253
- Personal union with Poland 2 February 1386
- Creation of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth 1569
- Partitions of the Commonwealth 1795
- Independence declared 16 February 1918
- 1st Soviet occupation 15 June 1940
- 2nd Soviet occupation 1944
- Independence restored 11 March 1990

Geography:
Phytogeographically, Lithuania is shared between the Central European and Eastern European provinces of the Circumboreal Region within the Boreal Kingdom. According to the World Wide Fund for Nature, the territory of Lithuania can be subdivided into two ecoregions: the Central European mixed forests and Sarmatic mixed forests.

Capital:
Vilnius

Religion:
According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll 2005,12% said that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force" , 36% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and 49% of Lithuanian citizens responded that "they believe there is a God".

From [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuania]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuania

[/img]
Dec 22, 2009 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
I'm from Poland.
Rzeczpospolita Polska (Republic of Poland)
Official Language: Polish
Capital: Warsaw
Famous persons:
- Jan Paweł II (John Paul II)
- Mikołaj Kopernik (Nicolaus Copernicus)
- Maria Skłodowska-Curie
- Roman Polański (Roman Polanski)
- Fryderyk Chopin (Frédéric Chopin)
- Tadeusz Kościuszko
- Kazimierz Pułaski
- Józef Piłsudski
Anthem: Mazurek Dąbrowskiego (Dąbrowski's Mazurka)

(I add more later.)
Sayuki74Dec 29, 2012 4:21 PM

Dec 22, 2009 2:21 PM

Dec 2008
I second what HIMR said ^-^ heh

I`ll just add some pictures to it ^-^

Dec 22, 2009 2:59 PM

Jul 2009
im from Hungary.
more about it here :
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary
in short: landlocked country in the Carpathian Basin of Central Europe, bordered by Austria, Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, and Slovenia. Its capital is Budapest. Hungary is a member of OECD, NATO, EU, V4 and is a Schengen state. The official language is Hungarian, which is part of the Finno-Ugric family, thus one of the four official languages of the European Union that are not of Indo-European origin
yeah.and i can put pictures if u want,but i dont really care.x)
Sango_chan_desuDec 22, 2009 3:04 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2009 12:17 AM
Jul 2009
Well, I'm from Canada!!
Our official languages are English and French.
We are the second biggest country in the world (first being Russia)
Our national anthem is called O Canada!
We live right next to the United States

We love hockey, we love beer, complain about gas prices and don't mind taking in immigrants.
I. Am. Canadian! lol, also, we're all goofs
Dec 23, 2009 3:05 AM
Sep 2009
I live in Romania is a very beautiful country ....

this is some picture...
Dec 23, 2009 4:08 AM

May 2008
I live in germany but I'm actually from Russia (siberia to be exact):

The English word "Germany" derives from Latin name Germania. The name "Germania" came into use after Julius Caesar adopted it from a Gallic term for the peoples east of the Rhine that probably meant "neighbor"

Language: Gerrman
Capitale: Berlin
Religion: Catholicism

---

Novosibirsk (Russian: Новосиби́рск, pronounced is Russia's third-largest city, after Moscow and Saint Petersburg, and the largest city of Siberia. It is the administrative center of Novosibirsk Oblast as well as of the Siberian Federal District. The city is located in the south-western portion of the federal district and occupies an area of 477.2 square kilometres

The city was founded in 1893 at the future site of a Trans-Siberian Railway bridge crossing the great Siberian river of Ob and was named Novonikolayevsk (Новониколаевск), in honor of both Saint Nicholas and of the reigning tsar, Nicholas II. The bridge was completed in the spring of 1897, making the new settlement the regional transportation hub. The importance of the city further increased with the completion of the Turkestan-Siberia Railway in the early 20th century. The new railway connected Novosibirsk to Central Asia and the Caspian Sea.

Language: Russian
Religion: Russian Orthodox
Captale: Moscow

Dec 23, 2009 5:55 AM

Nov 2009
I'm from Germany too.
I supplement some famous persons and bands and some pictures

persons:
-Ludwig van Beethoven
-Johann Sebastian Bach
-Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
-Friedrich Schiller
-Brother Grimm (Die Gebrüder Grimm: Wilhelm Grimm + Jakob Grimm)
-Martin Luther
-Alexander von Humboldt
-Albert Einstein

bands :) :
-Rammstein
-Scorpions
-Die Toten Hosen
-Tokio Hotel :(
-Die Ärzte

pictures:
LalapeyaDec 23, 2009 6:00 AM
Dec 23, 2009 8:16 AM

Aug 2009
Hi! New information about Poland.
Several words in polish language:

Pictures

I like this topic. :3
Sayuki74Dec 23, 2009 1:48 PM

Dec 26, 2009 9:40 AM

Mar 2009
Apr 1, 2010 6:05 AM

May 2008

Norway :D
Name in norwegian: Norge/Noreg
Capital: Oslo
Languages: 1st;Norwegian 2nd;English 3rd;German 4th;Chinese
Ethnic groups; Norwegians, Englishmen, Germanies and Russian

Norway first belonged to Denmark, after that to Sweeden and became a country in 1905~

and soom ima gonna find some piccies too ;D
Apr 1, 2010 9:23 AM

Jul 2008
Norway/Norge =D
*for more info read above me* xD
or read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway
Oct 3, 2010 12:06 PM

May 2010
Ukraine~

Speaking off memory here, please forgive any mistakes. Ukraine was first settled by Scandinavian tribes (don't quote me on that, I'm not sure of it) during the middle ages, creating the Kievan Rus', considered the birth of Russia, but ironically began in the capital of Ukraine, Kiev. From it went the Republic of Novgorod, real Russian territory. Later sprung up Belarusian territory (what it was called escapes me). The end of the Kievan Rus', the original build-up of Eastern Slavic culture, came after the Mongol Invasions, considered to be the 3rd deadliest conflict in history. The Poles and Lithuanians then ruled the area. Then, the Cossaks went badass on everyone, saying that we wanted to be independent. Even so, Russia took over. Then we were split between Austria-Hungary and the Russian Empire. When both fell after WWI, it turned into an anarchy, with a bunch of different factions. The Western half of Ukraine then was given to Poland, and the East became the Ukrainian SSR. When the Baltics wanted out of the USSR, Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia also wanted independence. Thus fell the Soviet Union and came up the Republic of Ukraine.

Personal opinions are: our culture is really nice and pretty and festive, our history is fascinating, our politics suck. We had a revolution a few years ago.

The land is great, and apparently one-third of farmland in the world is in Ukraine (don't quote me on that either). Our demographics are terrible and going down. There's a lot of crime, and our President has a criminal record. But, the press is free, as opposed to Belarus. There are human rights, generally.

Ukrainian is the only official language, and we're going through a period of Ukrainian-ism after the USSR, and less and less people are learning Russian. I speak Russian at home and don't speak Ukrainian fluently, myself. The religion is primarily Eastern Orthodox. Our national anthem is "Sche ne vmerla Ukraina", "Ukraine Has Not Yet Perished". Independence day is the 24th of August.

Some pictures:
Sep 5, 2011 10:23 AM
Sep 2011
Hi,I'm from Japan[Nihon,Nippon].

Official Language: Japanese
Capital: Tokyo
Anthem: Kimigayo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtDc8NGKYvs

Nihon means ground rising Sun.
Our Anthem Kimigayo is made from Japanese poetry Waka.
But the artist of this poetry is unknown.

I want many friends all over the world.
Please send me your message without reserve.
Let's talk about Anime,Game and Hentai^^
Jan 4, 2013 12:36 PM

Dec 2012
Hi, I'm from Estonia/Eesti.
Estonia is a country between Sweden, Finland, Russia and Latvia.
In estonia, we speak estonian. Estonia is really little but beautiful :) It's north country so it's quite cold here ;D The capital of Estonia is Tallinn.

Well , I don't quite know what to say about Estonia :D
Boku ga iru :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Where are you from? ( 1 2 )

Sayuki74 - Dec 22, 2009

86 by violity »»
Mar 7, 2015 12:11 AM

» Last Letter [Game] ( 1 2 3 )

Sayuki74 - Jan 5, 2010

140 by Sayuki74 »»
Apr 8, 2011 2:03 AM

» Flags Quiz

Sayuki74 - Jan 30, 2010

30 by OfThought »»
Nov 29, 2010 8:09 PM

» Restaurant -Where are you from?-

Sayuki74 - Jan 25, 2010

12 by OfThought »»
Oct 3, 2010 12:15 PM

» Member Cards [CLOSED] ( 1 2 )

Sayuki74 - Nov 26, 2009

98 by Bishie_Kaichou »»
Aug 12, 2010 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.