Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2015 8:44 PM

Nov 2014
Who are some of your favorite male writers and mangaka?

One of the greatest geniuses to have blessed the anime industry with their talent, in my humble opinion, is Hayao Miyazaki. Some people forget that he didn't just direct Mononoke Hime and Spirited Away, but he also wrote them. Both of those amazing worlds, in all their grandeur and detail, came from his mind.
aikaflipJul 8, 2015 10:01 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 10, 2015 3:13 AM

Sep 2014
Gen Urobuchi. Madoka Magica and Psycho-Pass, two series where he had complete control over the writing are some of my favorites.
Jul 10, 2015 4:18 AM

Dec 2012
Hara Yasuhisa, mangaka of Kingdom, is amazing at depicting large-scale warfare (which is what Kingdom is about) and writing complex, varied characters, both male and female.

SaveTheAralSea said:
Gen Urobuchi. Madoka Magica and Psycho-Pass, two series where he had complete control over the writing are some of my favorites.
If I might ask, what do you like about his style/writing, say, in Psycho-Pass for instance (since I haven't watched Madoka)? And wasn't he also involved somehow in the Fate series?
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Jul 12, 2015 2:15 AM

Sep 2014
fullmetalbender said:

SaveTheAralSea said:
If I might ask, what do you like about his style/writing, say, in Psycho-Pass for instance (since I haven't watched Madoka)? And wasn't he also involved somehow in the Fate series?

I admire the depth he gives his lead characters, who are usually female. He likes to flip gender roles which is totally cool in my book (Madoka's mom is the one working hard to support the family while her dad stays home and cooks). He's also not confined to writing happy endings (I love somber stuff in general.). And yes, he wrote the Fate/Zero light novel. The anime screenplay was written by someone else though, but I don't think there's that much of a difference between the screenplay and the novel.
Jul 14, 2015 7:46 AM

Feb 2013
Romeo Tanaka of Jintai and Rewrite fame. I love how nature and the city are connected in both these works.

Naoki Urasawa, mangaka of Monster, Pluto and 20th Century Boys. Every manga shop i've seen has at least one of his titles; best sci-fi/seinen writer imo.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Thank You

aikaflip - Sep 16, 2018

0 by aikaflip »»
Sep 16, 2018 10:26 AM

» Visually Impressive Anime

SaveTheAralSea - Feb 24, 2015

10 by aikaflip »»
Oct 6, 2016 1:53 AM

» LGBT representation

aikaflip - Feb 5, 2015

37 by aikaflip »»
Sep 17, 2016 10:11 AM

» Feminist Characters, Anime, and Manga

aikaflip - Feb 4, 2015

37 by satoneshichimiya »»
Jul 20, 2016 8:34 AM

» Characterization Society Discord Group

BadMediaKarma - Apr 14, 2016

1 by aikaflip »»
Apr 14, 2016 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.