Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2015 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, the second parter of the Ryou vs Umibouzu duel in the name of Sonia's father.

The female partners had some great interactions. Miki clocking Umibouzu in particular was superb. Looking back Umibouzu has always been the moe-est character of the series (because of his shyness), he needed a direct woman to balance his character. Their two personalities played out well here. Overall the episode was masterly executed.
Mar 20, 2015 8:27 AM
Dec 2011
this was great,, i really miss kaori's big brother HIDEYUKI ... my favorite character next to ryo.. :3 next episode looks awesome ..cant wait :3
Apr 14, 2015 5:07 PM

Mar 2014
Great episode!
Although, I think I'm one of the few people who thinks Kaori & Ryo are terrible for each other, and much rather would have seen Sonia & Ryo work out.
::End of Transmission::

Jan 10, 2018 4:43 PM

Jul 2010
vigorousjammer said:
Great episode!
Although, I think I'm one of the few people who thinks Kaori & Ryo are terrible for each other, and much rather would have seen Sonia & Ryo work out.

You are not alone, never see the chemistry between them atleast not as lovers, maybe siblings.
Feb 8, 2019 7:23 AM

Sep 2011
Not really impressed with the circumstances and reasons, but at least the duel felt a bit serious this time. And I liked how Kaori's scream together with her brother's grave saved Ryou's life. It was only because she went running to the scene that he needed to be "saved" in the first place, but it works. lol
Feb 28, 2019 5:18 AM

Oct 2012
Kaori's stupid action saved by his dead brother
Oh, I guess Kaori did something too :P

So what about the underground organization? No reveal, so they can do the "revenge"?
"Signature removed"
Aug 22, 6:49 AM
Dec 2022
Part two of a two part story where Falcon duels with Ryo. We learnt the backstory of Ryo's duel with Kenny Field, his partner at the time and dad of Sonia. The duel is intense and Hideaki Makamura's tomb saved Ryo plus Kaori's screaming too. Nice tie-up in the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 13 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Apr 29, 2015

11 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 25, 1:01 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 12 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 10, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 25, 12:28 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 11 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 9, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 24, 11:37 PM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 10 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 8, 2019

7 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 24, 4:42 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 8 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 8, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 22, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.