Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 20, 2015 7:50 PM

May 2013
Hi AnY's fans :D

I wanted to know what you thought about Soo-Won. Do you think that it have a good reason reason behind his actions or is he just a wicked king?
We "know" that he kill the dad of Yona for vengeance and/or for help the population, but

So, what is your opinion about him and do you love him?

Let's enjoy :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 21, 2015 12:47 PM
Sep 2014
I really want to know Soo-Won intentions!! why did he do this scenario, is it because of his father just, or there is some one greater planning this whole thing?! I wonder
Mar 28, 2015 7:49 AM
Jan 2015
i don't really know ?! in the latest eps i felt like he is a good man but at the first he was gonna kill her ?!! i don't understand him .. i want to know more about him in next season
Mar 28, 2015 6:10 PM
Sep 2014
soma_chan said:
i don't really know ?! in the latest eps i felt like he is a good man but at the first he was gonna kill her ?!! i don't understand him .. i want to know more about him in next season

yeah right, there must something hidden. His actions are so weird and random
Apr 9, 2015 3:13 PM

Jul 2008
Hi is trying to fix the kingdom, and in his opinion to kill the late king and to take things in his own hands was the best option. He is a murderer but he is a fine ruler and even if he took the throne by force - ita actually normal for thing like that to happen.
I think it's understandable that he did this because the kingdom was in a really bad state and it was necessary for something to change and even Yona understands this.
Sep 23, 2015 6:21 PM

Feb 2011
Well here's my thoughts about my most favorite character from Akatsuki no Yona, Su-won:( I already chat about this at Tumblr website, but I edited some things here)

What happened there is I’m positive Su-won already made a promise to his father at his grave for vengeance by assassinate the murder ( which happens to be his own father’s brother) and taking over the throne to prove the nation what that jerk of the king couldn’t do. He promised that he’ll devote himself to revenge his father’s death and not allowing himself to think about his own happiness ( his desires to be happy together with Yona). Su-won has good qualities that he decided to keep hidden from everyone: even after he killed the previous king, he still cares for Yona and Hak even now they hate him.

Also, I can definitely see Su-won is always been in love with Yona over since they were little kids too ( seeing Su-won blushing for Yona proves it: plus he looked adorable, lol) : I always wanted to see their love blossom and getting married together and succeeding taking over the throne together as king and queen: having Hak always by their side as their protector and the most loyal friend. What Su-won and Yona felt for each other was mutual except for Yona’s father interfered with them ( I bet he even threatened Su-won not getting too close to his daughter: why is that whenever we see them together they have to do it in secret: something is telling me Yona’s father was part of it) and he is the main obstacle of Su-won and Yona’s love to not blossom ( I don't like that guy at all).

Another thing is I don’t like the idea in how both Yona and Hak calls Su-won a “ TRUE villain”: I mean the previous king doesn’t hold back either: he commit murder as well: Su-won himself even told Yona why was his motive to assassinate his uncle and despite that Yona seemed to forgive her father for his crime and not Su-won: really? Also if Yona and Hak wants to kill Su-won for sake of revenge then they are no one to judge Su-won for what he did: he basically did the exact same thing but the only difference is that he took action. What I’m trying to say is I’m sure Yona will forgive Su-won one day but she’ll never forget what happened.

(here's some of my thoughts what could happen ahead):

Well that’s some things I really want to say about Su-won and I’m glad to hear some fans here also love his character so much as well ( and I ship Yona x Su-won together) XD: I wish more fans will notice more of Su-won’s good points but then again it’s all matter of opinion from their side. -_-

I haven’t started reading the manga after the anime left off and yes I’m planning to read it very soon. That’s great the anime decided to animated the war game during the process of Yona and her companions were gathering the four dragons: otherwise we couldn’t seen much of Su-won animated ( I really love all his episodes, he really shines on his own: that’s one of the thing I love about him: Su-won is awesome, even though when he’s an anti-hero of the story. :)
sweetangieSep 26, 2015 5:21 PM
Jan 8, 2016 3:12 PM
Mar 2014
Suwon is far from evil imo. The story is told from yona's perspective so we feel what yona feels and to yona, suwon is a cold blooded murderer. She doesn't see the behind the scenes things that suwon does like improving the earth kingdom's economy or eradicating the drug cartels in the water tribe. Suwons love for the kindgom outweighs his love for the king and honestly, considering how many ppl throughout the kingdom actually hated king il, Im surprised that no one else tried to kill him before suwon. I believe suwon feared that the kingdom would fall, thus failing his father who shouldve been king and essentially yona since she would be the fallen princess of the fallen kingdom.

I dont think I could ever ship suwon with yona though. He did kill yona's father and nothing could mask the betrayal she feels because of that. Yona was completely ready to argue with her father to marry her to suwon and if they did get married, suwon would be king. I think he knew this but decided to kill her father anyway because it would be killing two birds with one stone; become king and get revenge. I think suwon loves yona but not in the way hak loves her. If he truly loved her, then he wouldnt kill her father which is why I could never ship them romantically.

Even though yona struggles with the fact that she still cares for suwon, I dont believe she loves him romantically anymore. It's clear that she's starting to notice hak more and they'll become the obvious pairing since suwon isnt really the main character (hes barely present in the manga or anime) nor is he as popular as hak (hak is #1 and I think suwon was in #5 or #6??)

I think the manga will end with yona having to decide whether to kill him or forgive and I think shes going to forgive him and maybe banish him from the country once she takes the throne. Or suwon will redeem himself in a really big way and they will become friends again with hak as king and yona queen. Probably the latter
seppukuuJan 8, 2016 3:17 PM
Sep 13, 2016 7:53 PM

Jun 2016

I never thought that Su-won liked Yona, I mean, it is possible but I really don't think so. Yona always struck me as the "little sister" type in her relationship with Su-won. I think that even if Su won liked Yona, he probably forgot about it after his father died. He traded his relationship with Yona and Hak for revenge and was even willing to kill Yona for it so I don't think that he would let himself like her romantically. After he killed Il Su-won has not spent much time with Yona so I doubt he developed feeling for her. I would also like to point out that Su-won is an amazingly complex character, and that is what makes him so awesome. I don't ship YonaxSu-won but I don't mind Su-wonxLili. :P
AkunomiSep 23, 2016 6:02 PM
Apr 29, 2018 7:59 PM

Jan 2018
I am up to ch.156 in manga

Soo-won had two options

OPTION A--> Kill king Il and banish Yona, become king through fraudulant means and overtake the kingdom that way
OPTION B--> marry Yona and become king the morally correct way

now most people may just say, go with option B, its the right thing to do. but here are some issues with that...
1) King Il said that Yona is unable to marry soo-won, so there may be some unrevealed backstory there and soo-won is aware that Il has no intention of letting him marry
2) If King Il did really kill his father, then I guess you wouldn't want to fake a smile to papa-in-law-murderer until he dies...
3) Yona may just slow him down

Then again there are resolutions to most of those points
2--> Well, if you want something bad enough then just suck it up idgit
3--> Well, what were you planning on doing with Yona if she didn't see you murder her father? If you hadn't thought this far ahead then this claim really isn't that legitimate...

His goal seems to be to unite the tribes and take back the territory once lost under Il's rule, and win the country back in a way that his father would. Yona seems to be gaining followers unintentionally as a religious icon (King Hiriyuu) so Soo-Won will have to confront her eventually...

In my opinion Soo-Won had a goal and did what he had to do in order to reach it, but that dosen't mean I like him. I am taking Yona's side on this as well as her outlook, that being that Soo-Won is in power now and that is a fact. All we can do is sit back and watch and do our best to ensure it all dosen't go south. I do think that Soo-Won is in a bit of an unstable position with Sei and Kai right now, but without him YonaXHak wouldn't be a thing.... UGGGHHH I CANT DO IT!!! I HATE HIM AND LOVE HIM AT THE SAME TIME!!!!
Dec 2, 2020 9:54 AM
Dec 2020
Thus far to my knowledge, Yona hasn't killed anyone that hasn't been evil (ex. the human trafficking guy Kumji). She's injured other people (not sure how to hide spoilers so not naming specifics) by leaving scars and injuring a soldier to save her friend. But Soo-won killed for revenge, not a good one either. He took his revenge, but in the end the King knew it was going to happen anyways, and now he has the throne but doesn't intend to stay on it. The story is based in older times, so I suppose since Soo-won had support from multiple advisors, and those who were rooting for his father's reign, he was in the right too.
Either way, I believe Soo-won kill was evil because he not only killed the current king (even though it was deserved), but he did so by hurting the only people that were closest to him. His friends would have wholeheartedly supported his reign as king, if it weren't for the route that he took to get there.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Who do you think is the strongest dragon warrior?

xiddig - Aug 31, 2016

14 by Meredyyyy »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:03 AM

» 3 Top Fav. ( 1 2 )

lamammhd - Mar 28, 2015

51 by Meredyyyy »»
Dec 3, 2023 8:57 AM

» Least favourite character

kbXhs - Sep 29, 2020

2 by TheRiseofAnime »»
Feb 17, 2022 9:26 AM

» OP & ED

removed-user - Feb 16, 2015

13 by kbXhs »»
Sep 22, 2020 8:16 PM

» NEWS - Thread

AFWQ - May 10, 2019

2 by AFWQ »»
May 19, 2019 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.