Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2014 3:13 PM

Feb 2013
Tell us your methods of working out! Does your regime consist of weighted strength training(typical gym work), purely cardiovascular(running,jogging etc.), plyometrics(bodyweight workouts) or your own personal spin on things? How many days a week and how long is your typical workout?
Also most importantly, what's your main motivation and goals?

Personally I'm into strength training which I do 6 times a week with a body part split (chest>arms>legs>shoulders>back as a 5 day cycle then repeat for example). On my off day a week I add a plyometric routine and have a hit of tennis with a mate I used to play competitive tournaments with. My motivation to train is stress relief since I genuinely enjoy my time in the gym. I spend around 80-100minutes in there each day and time flies right past. My goals is just to be a stronger self tomorrow then what I am today, which overall really is just my personal satisfaction.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 17, 2014 7:00 PM

Jul 2014
Hi, Mark. My daily routine used to consist of jogging and a typical gym workout (major muscle groups). I'm currently alternating my daily exercise between jogging or a gym workout as an experiment. I also added one rest day per week.

By the way, I started emphasizing the negative movements, and it is amazing, especially in my back. It's like I can feel every single muscle working. It has been a long time since I last experienced a natural high like that.
Sep 17, 2014 8:18 PM

Feb 2013
Very nice man, a negative emphasis session is great to throw in every once in a while. I really feel those negative movement off most of the rowing machines we have available (which is like 5) and wide grip pullups. Also I started doing all these movements I've never thought of doing before cause I thought they looked silly, like decline barbell press and elbows flared tricep pushdowns, my lord do you feel those when you do them for the first. It's the feeling you get when you first sign up for the gym and everything feels crazy good.
Sep 18, 2014 8:05 AM

Dec 2013
My workout consists of cardio and ploymetrics only. I usually workout three days a week allowing plenty of time for recovery. My workouts can be anywhere from sixty to a hundred and twenty minutes. My motivation is mainly to be fit and able to move my body effectively and easily for extended periods of time.
Jan 2, 2015 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
That's my routine alredy a month (Since I became a civilian) :
I workout 4 times a week. Mass phase.
A day - Biceps, forearms, chest, neck. B day - Triceps, shoulders, back.
Legs were nicely trimmed during service.
Also I'm running about 12 km once a week and fight in our MMA club twice.
I pretty much do something every day.

Motives? Be able to do more, to look and feel better. Basically - self improvement. Same reason I study a lot.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [Advice Lounge]

MaiTai - Aug 6, 2014

42 by removed-user »»
Nov 3, 2015 3:20 AM

Sticky: » [Introductions] ( 1 2 )

MaiTai - Aug 9, 2014

64 by Swolebro »»
Aug 1, 2015 5:17 PM

» [Tracking Thread]

MaiTai - Aug 6, 2014

11 by Astros »»
Jun 22, 2015 7:28 PM

Sticky: » [Staff Wanted]

MaiTai - Aug 17, 2014

12 by Shane »»
Feb 8, 2015 12:27 AM

Sticky: » [Resource Room]

MaiTai - Aug 6, 2014

5 by MaiTai »»
Sep 3, 2014 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.