New
Oct 23, 2009 1:50 PM

Jan 2009
A board to discuss manga's and post suggestions
HunterXDanteOct 25, 2009 6:34 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 31, 2009 1:19 AM

Oct 2009
You'll have to be more specific my friend.... There are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many mangas to discuss. The anime board is for animes that we want to watch in the club, but I think this is too general.
Nov 1, 2009 10:21 AM

Jan 2009
Well do you have any ideas it's difficult to be specific when our main focus seems to be on anime.
Nov 1, 2009 11:42 AM

Oct 2009
Our main focus isn't on anime! Our focus is on everything otakus love! Drawing, Anime, Manga, Kawaii Characters, Cosplay!!!!!!!! AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *fizzle* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too much awesome.... @.@..... Anyways, we will mostly be watching anime only because reading a manga as a group is difficult, but that's the whole reason that the manga part will have to mostly be on the website. So I would suggest a thread for TOP TEN FAVORITE MANGAS OF ALL TIME (fully equipped with genre) to begin with and work on some more from there!
Nov 1, 2009 5:46 PM

Jan 2009
Otherwise-six said:
Our main focus isn't on anime! Our focus is on everything otakus love! Drawing, Anime, Manga, Kawaii Characters, Cosplay!!!!!!!! AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes I know that it isn't just about anime but I was just saying it's difficult to come up with an idea with know one else really talking about it ( although there has been once or twice). I like your idea but theres no point in opening a new discussion when we can do that right here.
Nov 1, 2009 6:07 PM

Jan 2009
My top five anime include the following:

Naruto - Is definitly without a question my favorite ninja manga by far and it's story line is awesome, not much else to say.

Mahou Sensei Negima! - This is my favorite magic manga which was created by the same person who wrote love hina and starts kind of similar with a harem situation however the characters dynamics rapidly change throughout the story and there are a lot of awesome fight scenes and a few surprises.

666 Satan - Also known as o-parts hunter. It's stars like naruto with a character who nobody likes and he's pretty weak. The main difference in the story is that the wepons play a huge part in the story and the more you read the more you think of what you would have as your weapon.

Ral Grad; RalΩGrado - For such a short read of four books this is an amazing story. It's about some shadows trying to kill humans and take over earth and other ones wanting to return to the shadow world noir. In the begining the main character has been in a cage for 10 years and is finally being let out. The first thing he notices is that he is facinated with the opposite sex and also that he can kick total ass.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Typical story of weak kid gets picked on so he gets a master to teach him some stuff, the difference instead of one master he has 5 and they all seem to want to put him through training that should kill him. (literaly) Despite all the fighting this is one of the funniest manga i've ever read.

So those are my favorites. (not nessisaraly in that order)

What are yours?
Nov 1, 2009 6:11 PM

Oct 2009
Naruto is definitely my number one.
I haven't really read much manga. I finished reading Girl Got Game or POWER!
Nov 1, 2009 6:13 PM

Jan 2009
I read all of Girl got game (or power!) at the liberary recently it was pretty good. It definitly would have confussing to be her roommate though.
Nov 1, 2009 6:16 PM

Oct 2009
I rented it from the library too but I finished it one night because I didn't want to wait for ever for the next day.
Nov 1, 2009 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
Also to those who don't where to find manga online I would suggest onemanga.com or mangafox.com. If anyone else has any suggestions please post them.
Nov 1, 2009 6:18 PM

Oct 2009
Yeah, I go to onemanga.com, too.
Nov 1, 2009 6:24 PM

Jan 2009
Another good manga for people who like long manga is case closed about a detective solving cases as a shunk down version of himself. Im only 463 chapters in and still lots more to go.
Nov 1, 2009 6:26 PM

Oct 2009
Seen it hah!
I loved that show but I dropped it because it was so long.
Nov 1, 2009 6:32 PM

Jan 2009
The only problem I have with onemanga is that some of there stuff gets removed, like gantz which is another great manga however it's a little twisted but seeing as our first anime was higurashi I cant imagine that being frowned upon.
Nov 2, 2009 8:09 PM
Oct 2009
Thanks for suggesting the sites. I checked out onemanga. It is crazy huge. I even found a manga about a bartender. Never in North America..
Nov 3, 2009 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah, onemanga has a huge database, it's amazing but it doesn't have a selected few of the titles that I wanted to read.
Nov 3, 2009 6:49 PM

Oct 2009
HunterXDante said:

Yes I know that it isn't just about anime but I was just saying it's difficult to come up with an idea with know one else really talking about it ( although there has been once or twice). I like your idea but theres no point in opening a new discussion when we can do that right here.

I agree! And with all the following posts, It has been decided anyways! This is now a board for discussing favorite mangas, as well as the places where we can go to find our beloved treasures! (^.^)b

Also, quit using manga and anime interchangeably, baka! I keep getting confused while reading through the boards.... @.@
Dec 11, 2009 6:38 AM

Jan 2009
Otherwise-six said:

I agree! And with all the following posts, It has been decided anyways! This is now a board for discussing favorite mangas, as well as the places where we can go to find our beloved treasures! (^.^)b

Well since you posted that knowone else has posted so I'll try an bump this thread with some more suggestions. To those who don't know there is usually a manga version to your favorite anime and sometimes the storyline is different (for better or worse) so I suggest looking up your favorites and checking them out.
HunterXDanteDec 11, 2009 4:26 PM
Dec 11, 2009 5:08 PM
Oct 2009
I've read more manga then I have seen anime!
My top favourite I actually own!
Black Cat
D.Gray-man
Death Note
Nora: The last Chronicles of Devildom
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
plus many others but those are only five.
I own roughly 21 diffeent series and almost over 90 volumes![The collection is still growing though]
Dec 11, 2009 6:23 PM

Jan 2009
ProudlyOtaku said:
I've read more manga then I have seen anime!
My top favourite I actually own!
Black Cat
D.Gray-man
Death Note
Nora: The last Chronicles of Devildom
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
plus many others but those are only five.
I own roughly 21 diffeent series and almost over 90 volumes![The collection is still growing though]

That is wickedly awesome I have been really wanting to start collecting my favorites.
Dec 12, 2009 7:19 AM
Oct 2009
For me it was easy for me. My parents willingly took me to the Chapters in Ancaster almost every other weekend and gave me a limit of 5 manga per time I go. Sometimes, if I was lucky we even went to the Walmart near by and I could get some Pocky [or Hello Panda and YamYams!]
My parents support my addiction 'cause it keeps me out of so much trouble ^-^
Dec 12, 2009 8:48 AM

Jan 2009
T.T I would be extrmely jeolous if I didn't have the club to stablize my addiction. I wish my Mom was so willing, she still doesn't get that I'm not going to stop liking it...ever.
Dec 13, 2009 9:11 PM
Oct 2009
my parents dont really support my addiction, but my mom doesn't discourage it either, my step dad does though.
Dec 15, 2009 1:47 PM

Oct 2009
Oooh... Family Matters... Well then let's see....

My Mom - Thinks that anime and manga are wastes of money and tells me to grow up.
My Dad - Somehow made the connection that anime and manga make me gay.
My Sister - Thinks I'm a geek and hardly ever talks to me.
My Brother - Kind of likes anime but will never admit it to anyone.
My Cats - All love anime because it means that they have a lap pillow for several hours.

That's about it, but if there's one thing I've learned from all of my experiences, it's that you can't let other people influence the things you like or the stuff that you do.
Dec 15, 2009 2:42 PM

Jan 2009
Otherwise-six said:

By any chance did he see you watching Ouran Host High School Club, because I can explain the connection. (It's a great show, but it does have its share of gay moments)
HunterXDanteDec 15, 2009 7:38 PM
Dec 15, 2009 4:41 PM
Oct 2009
HunterXDante said:
Otherwise-six said:

quote]

By any chance did he see you watching Ouran Host High School Club, because I can explain the connection. (It's a great show, but it does have its share of gay moments)

XD
Yes, yes it does!
I kind of feel glad about having my parents now that I see how others actually handle their kids' anime addiction.
Sometimes if I'm lucky, they also take me to the Ancaster Walmart and get Pocky[or HelloPanda/YamYams]
Dec 15, 2009 8:17 PM

Oct 2009
ProudlyOtaku said:
HunterXDante said:
Otherwise-six said:

quote]

XD
Yes, yes it does!
I kind of feel glad about having my parents now that I see how others actually handle their kids' anime addiction.
Sometimes if I'm lucky, they also take me to the Ancaster Walmart and get Pocky[or HelloPanda/YamYams]

lol my Dad is the same way " are you gay son!?" aha, my parents dont even know of my large amounts of money spent on such things aha xD
Dec 19, 2009 10:03 PM

Oct 2009
Zanpakuto_master said:
ProudlyOtaku said:
HunterXDante said:
Otherwise-six said:

quote]

XD
Yes, yes it does!

lol my Dad is the same way " are you gay son!?" aha, my parents dont even know of my large amounts of money spent on such things aha xD

Same. If I let my parents know how much I've spent on Anime, Manga and Yu-Gi-Oh cards they would freak out.
Dec 20, 2009 4:42 PM
Aug 2008
Big list (in an image file) of recommended manga courtesy of /a/nonymous.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Character

HunterXDante - Nov 5, 2009

15 by Anotherfan »»
May 2, 2012 5:28 PM

» Favorite AMV's

monk1213 - Nov 28, 2009

35 by Anotherfan »»
May 2, 2012 5:25 PM

» Yu-Gi-Oh discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tibbers - Dec 22, 2009

590 by TH3GADFLY »»
Feb 22, 2011 1:02 PM

» Anime Name Game ( 1 2 )

monk1213 - May 23, 2010

62 by Otherwise-six »»
Oct 26, 2010 7:14 AM

» 2010-2011 Schedule; anything you want us to change?

rideWARRIOR - Sep 23, 2010

19 by Otherwise-six »»
Oct 8, 2010 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.