Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2008 11:23 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, the Silver makes an appearance. Hmm what now. Can't wait for the next episode >_<
Jan 21, 2008 11:39 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
W00t! Great episode.

So the Pheles we saw was an Avatar. That explains a lot. But I wondered where this show was heading with Pheles as an enemy out of the way. Guess I got my answer. Very much looking forward to the next episode, to see which role Fumina's playing.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 21, 2008 11:44 AM

Dec 2007
Another great episode, completely unexpected ending. This second half of the series is really starting to look good.

And finally, next episode we'll get to see what Konoe was hiding.
Mitsukai-Jan 21, 2008 11:57 AM
Jan 21, 2008 11:53 AM

Sep 2007
A satisfying end to the episode. I was hoping that it wouldn't with a happy ending.
Jan 21, 2008 12:24 PM

Dec 2007
Really wasn't expecting this to happen. Can't wait for the next episode to see what's going on with the Konoe. I hope that Pheles doesn't get shafted in the next episode or two since I want to see her true power.
Jan 21, 2008 12:37 PM

Jan 2007
Nice build up to what looks like to be an awesome episode. Glad that Konoe will be back in the picture.
Jan 21, 2008 1:00 PM

Sep 2007
Aweseome episode with an expected, but unexpectet ending

Oh god, I cant wait for the next episode, this is killing me xD

Jan 21, 2008 1:13 PM

Sep 2007
Great Episode, the second half really is starting to be what sns should be.
didnt expect the ending, but couldnt believe thats pheles just will be a good girl from the beginning.
I cant stand it...i need the next episode NOW! ._.
Jan 21, 2008 1:35 PM

Sep 2007
I knew Pheles had something up her sleeve! I wouldn't let myself believe she was already reconciling with everyone else but as I watched, I did have my doubts. haha Not anymore though! Next episode should be lovely :]
Jan 21, 2008 3:35 PM

Feb 2007
That was... Whoa! Definitely a great episode and the next one promises to be even better!
Jan 21, 2008 4:49 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode, seemed like it was going back towards the dull direction that this season started off with at first but the ending was great. Really looking forward to Ep. 15.

p.s. - Pheles is a pedophile.
Jan 21, 2008 4:51 PM

May 2007
Interesting. I thought it's such a drag with all these Pheles hype until her true form appears. And it backfires too trying to pull Johan out of Reiji Maigo.

Awakening. The worst case scenario is about to occur. Yuji, a Mystes, a human, Reiji Maigo, Silver bursts out. And just who the hell is Konoe? I think we can guess but next week it'll be all clear.

Nothing too interesting to GIF-ify this week, so want some caek?
Jan 21, 2008 4:57 PM

Nov 2007
wow, never saw that Pheles thing coming XD Next week should be awesome, can't wait \O/

Jan 21, 2008 5:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Pheles is very famous for her special unrestricted spell. She is very powerful, it would be a waste if she got defeated so easily..... But the question remains: is the anime going in the same direction as the novels???? The first season ending was completely different from the novel. Because of the strange appearance of an anime original character Konoe, the storyline has once again diverged.....

wakka9caJan 21, 2008 5:33 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 21, 2008 5:10 PM

Sep 2007
That ending was insane. If only the first half of SNSII had been like this episode and ep13. But at least next episode looks to be really good as well. I'm curious as to what is up with that weird demon thing, though, in the preview but we'll probably find out in ep15.
Jan 21, 2008 6:12 PM

Nov 2007
man sekai sounds like a girl so badly -_-
Jan 21, 2008 6:20 PM

Oct 2007
wow awesome episode!! The silver arm was awesome, Pheles was acting cool like she made them walk into her trap and then bam, hand through the chest. It shut her up pretty quick. I don't really care for Konoe anyway, they should have got rid of her earlier with all of the signs. (Yeah, yeah, call me a mean person =P ) It got so good towards the end, now I really wish I could watch the next episode in a row. =(
Jan 21, 2008 6:26 PM

Dec 2007
Was just me or did the animation look a little off in this episode? Mainly, the faces of all the characters.
Jan 21, 2008 6:57 PM

Aug 2007
Wow.

That is all I have to say. I was able to get some nice back story and the the end the episode in such a great way. It looks like the plot is finally starting up again.
Jan 21, 2008 7:40 PM

Nov 2007
I know that Margery has to go beserk again after seeing the silver arm. I also knew something was up with Konoe's bracelet. SOOO much happened this episode. Pheles got PWND
Jan 21, 2008 7:45 PM

May 2007
OmegaSpartan said:
Was just me or did the animation look a little off in this episode? Mainly, the faces of all the characters.
You're not the only one. The Yoshida GIF I posted above is a blatant example.
Jan 21, 2008 8:35 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
W00t! Great episode.

So the Pheles we saw was an Avatar. That explains a lot. But I wondered where this show was heading with Pheles as an enemy out of the way. Guess I got my answer. Very much looking forward to the next episode, to see which role Fumina's playing.

I cant wait to see Fumina's roll in there as well...
It bound to be fun, maybe we get some sort of huge battle royal :P
Jan 21, 2008 8:59 PM

Dec 2007
ChiBuki said:
OmegaSpartan said:
You're not the only one. The Yoshida GIF I posted above is a blatant example.

Good, I'm not just seeing things. Well, I also thought it was pretty terrible in the beginning of the episode where Wilhelmina is holding Pheles. Wilhelmina looked terribly old during that scene. Anyways, the episode was a good plot mover, but I didn't get as much enjoyment out of it as last week's episode.
Jan 21, 2008 9:10 PM
Dec 2007
Finally. I've been waiting for the series to return to the form of Season 1, and it's taken us this long to get there. A nice mix of tugging at the viewer's heartstrings, colorful display of action, and sudden misdirection. Here's hoping we get more of the same as the show heads to the finish.
Jan 21, 2008 10:57 PM

Oct 2007
Brilliant episode.

Pheles had me fooled there. Although I knew Pheles wouldn't be defeated persuaded so easily, I was led to believe that she was changing for the good.

Then came the scene where we saw the bottom half of her face turn into an evil smile...
(totally reminded me of Death Note)

Can't wait for the next episode. I really want to see what part Konoe has to play in all this.
Jan 21, 2008 11:35 PM

Aug 2007
I cant wait for the next episode. We should finally get some answers, and see a good fight at the same time.
Jan 22, 2008 12:32 AM

Aug 2007
wow. And I thought the Pheles conflict was gonna end up to be a letdown, that happens. 3 armed Yuji ftw!
Jan 22, 2008 3:42 AM

Jun 2007
another awesome episode... this slow paced episode didnt bother me at all. after all, we are going to get some violent love next week.

i wouldnt be surprised if instead of a normal romance, they decide to give us a yuri between shana and yoshida. yuuji might be too absent minded to even realize that
Jan 22, 2008 3:46 AM

Dec 2007
An episode which was better than the last part of the season, but not perfect (the first 2/3 were boring) the end was good. In the next episode, we will see that Konoe = Hecate & Butler = Metamorphosis...... Well, we knew that from the beginning........
Jan 22, 2008 3:47 AM

Jan 2008
oh man. i watched this ep with a couple of my buddies, and we all stood up and shouted at the end!! dude, only Shana can pull these kind of twists off and keep me on edge like this... freakin' glorious. my friends all love Pheles, but i was still inclined to believe she had something else up her sleeve... DAMN i love this series!!
Jan 22, 2008 4:13 AM

Jun 2007
Yay,finally,Konoe's secrets is going to be revealed...yay..
Jan 22, 2008 7:37 AM

Jul 2007
FUCK OFF!!! Really this ep was IMBA AMAZING AWESOME BLA BLA BLA!!!! i loved it i cant believe what happened to the end... It cant even be compared with the season 1st half i have a feeling that as far we progress on the story the ratings are gonna hit the stars!!!!
I means its still has a lot of mysteries many plot twists and fights comming on!!! It is soooooo great i love it!!! i CANT CANT CANT w8 for the next ep damn!!
I cant make any predictios but im 100% sure that the finnalle is gonna be great!
Jan 22, 2008 10:27 AM

Sep 2007
I do hope Pheles doesn't die
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

Jan 22, 2008 4:39 PM

Jun 2007
I have never look foward for a shakugan no shana episode (not even in 1st season) the animation is excellent, shana is kawaiiiiii, the story is interesting, but somehow it doesnt make me love it as much as it should be. but I absolutely love this episode, seeing shana battle in her costume last ep. was great, but finally Im looking foward for the next episode, cant wait to find out what going to happen with pheles.
the second season is getting better x333
Jan 22, 2008 6:54 PM

Aug 2007
I. Need. Moar. Shana. Naow.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jan 23, 2008 1:35 AM

Dec 2007
What's there to say besides

"DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN..."

Shana 2nd was kinda slow and dull until Pheles' appearance, good thing it's gotten interesting.
Jan 23, 2008 7:59 AM

Apr 2007
I like Pheles more and more. Even though I also fell for her acting at the end of the episode I was really happy to see her evil smile that proved that the Pheles-part is not over yet. ^^

I also like Yoshida abit better, I used to hate her in the first season, but it seems the more Shana befriends her, the less I hate her. XD (and yay for some getting dressed fanservice)
Jan 24, 2008 2:09 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, cliffhanger..can't wait for next eps~
Jul 20, 2008 11:37 PM

Apr 2008
so hecate's butler is the silver tomogara?

and did anyone else think that it was weird that Pheles raised Johan from a child and then they became lovers!? Oedipus complex for real.

oh yeah here in case u missed it

hawt Kazumi is hawt

Oct 5, 2008 2:19 PM

Aug 2008
Definately a great twist in the end of this episode. Maybe the first really unexpected one.
Oct 13, 2008 10:20 PM

May 2008
wow, certainly a lot of wtf's at the end there. pheles is a betch, and kazumi should mind her own business, honestly. Really, she just doesnt belong in creepyland...

on the POSITIVE side (lol) another good episode. I love how we actually get to see the "story" behind why the reiji maigo always looks so weird and "gear"-y
Mar 24, 2009 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
so Pheles wasn't good after all..
and what's with those bracelets...
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Jul 18, 2009 10:43 PM

Dec 2008
lol...betrayal. Yeah that was pretty much unexpected and I kinda felt sorry for the others. To feel like you accomplish something then in the end it was all to waste. I am getting kind of tired of Yuji going all crazy every time he's in trouble. He could at least try to fight back with the training he has been doing.
Jul 19, 2009 10:16 AM

Dec 2008
yeah konoe and her butler looked way too suspicious with those silver bracelets.
it might just be my imagination but i suspect they directly have something to do with silver.
Jan 20, 2010 5:31 PM

Nov 2009
There was so much progress in this single episode.. im confused about the arm extending out of yuji, does that mean the whole being could come out of him?? or does it have something to do with kanoe and her butler's bracelet...
Feb 13, 2010 2:37 PM

Jan 2009
Yes , it makes perfect sense. When you have a powerful Guze no Tomogara that tried to kill Yuji and attacked the school, you transfer some energy into her, "feeding" her, and because some "mere human" is convinced that "she can understand", you take her to a school festival where of course there are a lot of people. [/end sarcasm]

This is why SnS will never be called a shounen ... Just think about it: if this was DGM, I'd be like bringing a level 3 to a feeding ground and hoping that it won't eat anyone :|. I can't even begin to understand what the writers of this anime are thinking...

But the end was exactly as I expected :D. Tomogara's are evil. Period.

Oct 10, 2010 1:36 PM

Feb 2010
about time something happens luckily it didn't end with some cheesy shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2010 4:38 AM

Sep 2008
Yay~ Awesome episode. So nice to have the real plot as the main focus now.

Sadly, I'm usually over-suspicious and was completely doubting Pheles right up until the end... when my suspicions were confirmed. XD I didn't think she could just be written off as "converted" or "not an enemy" so easily. Nice of Yoshida to try though.

Excited to see who Konoe really is. :D And that butler of hers.

And it will be cool to watch the mystery of who/"what" Yuuji really is... and what's happened with the Reiji Maigo and everything. It kind of freaked me out that an arm... came out of him though. o_O
Jan 16, 2011 3:54 AM

Sep 2010
OH SH-
Sep 18, 2011 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
I don't think you can generalize about Tomogaras that way--remember that all flame haze are partnered with a Tomogara as well, and the Corpse Retriever did not seem evil. Pheles is totally obsessed with Johan, and we were about to see her inner yandere come out--except Yugi's got there first!

While Pheles objected to Yoshida's presence, she didn't do so for Satou--wonder what is happening there.

And as numerous people have said, shit is about to get real...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

_MiV_ - Jan 13, 2008

99 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Dec 23, 2007

90 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

214 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 22, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

8GaugeBrett - Feb 29, 2008

79 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 22, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Dec 17, 2007

60 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 9, 2:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.