Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 18, 4:03 PM

May 2015
This was a lot better than I expected. We are imminently thrown into brutal action following the compelling characters with some gorgeous animation. Rushed, yeah, but more episodes doesn't necessarily mean a more fleshed out story (as seen by Victory's example...). Well, actually, yes, this story might have benefited with more time duration, if it was done with the same approach. Some moments were legit scary and too realistic with depiction of the effects of war.

While I didn't get to particularly care about the characters, I liked their portrayal and the potential they had. With only a few lines in their dialogues you can get the idea of what kind of emotions and relationships they have, whether they care about each other, etc. I sympathised with Seabook, Cecily was more or less likeable too, considering she was thrown into the middle of everything so abruptly. And I actually appreciated that it didn't end tragically for them both, they managed to recognise each other on the battlefield instead of blindly killing each other (like you usually do in Gundam...), and them fighting together later on was nice to see as well.

Iron Mask was somewhat cartoonish for a villain, but the bugs were really wild and evil, and the way he treated Cecily in that last battle was truly horrific. Although I didn't quite understand what he was actually trying to achieve overall. Grandfather with his high-born talk also seemed shady. Zabine could have been a great complex character if only we had more story behind everything that was going on or was supposed to go on. But I'm glad that it ended on a brighter note at least, with main characters surviving. If Cecily were to just left there drifting in space, it would have been too cruel. The flowers bit, while beautiful, wasn't completely making sense to me though.

Overall, it was a fairly interesting and entertaining enough watch.
TenApr 18, 4:06 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do they reference the characters from the past from this century on?

CinaGinger - Jan 15, 2022

4 by CinaGinger »»
Jan 17, 2022 1:34 AM

» Best Gundam movie to date.

Sabinlerose - Jul 29, 2010

7 by Nurguburu »»
May 28, 2021 1:54 PM

» Should mobile suit gundam F91 be remade?

Imjustthatdude - Jul 12, 2015

8 by removed-user »»
Mar 5, 2017 12:42 PM

Poll: » Gundam F91 Going against Victory 2 Gundam

landadriver - May 4, 2012

3 by landadriver »»
May 4, 2012 12:09 PM

» shout out in the thread if you tried to get to yosuga sora instead

Hero_kun - Oct 25, 2010

0 by Hero_kun »»
Oct 25, 2010 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.