Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Twilight Out of Focus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 8, 10:50 PM

May 2015
It was better than I expected, a bit awkward with that promise recorded on camera, but the circumstances are kinda interesting and not so typical, especially with one of them already having a boyfriend.
Jul 9, 9:57 AM

Nov 2012
The visuals look very pretty, so that I can appreciate. Other that, it's just kind of generic, and the start with sexual assault is never a banger, whether he meant to do it or not. It's just unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the plot (other than fanservice?). He could 100% have found out he was gay in another way. I've read the manga, and I neither liked or disliked it. It's alright, nothing special. I really wish they would adapt more BL with less BLAND BOTTOMS. God, I'm so tired of bland bottoms in anime haha. The manga world has so many interesting and badass bottoms, but they never get adapted.
Jul 9, 11:15 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to phaon1
I'm getting incredibly tired of seeing assault scenes in BL. We are not people who go around assaulting people.
@phaon1 +10000
I totally agree with you.
I droped this anime.
Jul 10, 2:49 PM
May 2024
Beautiful character design! I can't wait to see the development of this series.
Jul 11, 9:18 PM
Jul 2023
Studio deen going ham with the lgbtq shows, love it
- I like how this opened! The camera thing was both funny and creative
- Another acting show… ehhhhh
- I don’t really like the main guy, but Hisashi is pretty cool. I wonder how they’re gonna work this out, I don’t want him to just randomly break up with his boyfriend
Jul 13, 5:58 PM

May 2017
Idk why but why japan always choose the boring/cringe BL to get adapted,they should adapted Smell like green spirit instead.

Ep1 it was okay i guess, still dont know how to think about this. Have checking the manga but lost interest on it, lets see the anime ver then.
Jul 15, 12:16 AM

Nov 2020
So far so good, the animation looks great and the voice acting is really nice. I hope this great quality continues through the whole series!
Jul 15, 12:21 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to phaon1
Maou_heika said:
He has a fever and when his roommate tries to help him he sexually assaults him and then they have a conversation about how gay people don't assault other, how very persuasive! Looks like another shitty BL where relationship starts with sexual assault. I just checked the manga page and it has an Erotica tag, should have known based on that even though the anime doesn't have it, makes me wonder if these scenes were far worse in the manga.

wow I never even realised it was erotica. that's kinda nasty considering how they are in school and all
@phaon1 didn't know teenagers stopped having sex lives after I left high school
Jul 15, 12:29 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to traed
I like the art style and seems enjoyable enough so far.

LostSpectre said:
There's definitely some tonal dissonance there, but it wasn't intentional, he was clearly not cognizant in that state.

kajinokage said:
And I in no way condone sexual assault, but I'm sure I'll still get flamed and quoted out of context for saying that I think there is some overreaction, considering it's stopped with just one hit of a pillow and was due to being delusional from fever/illness, not a conscious choice to attack someone due to lack of respect or morals. I can be quite a skeptic, but having experienced being slightly delusional from a cold/flu when I was younger, I could give a fictional story a pinch of creative leeway in that regard; especially as that part of the scene/episode was maybe 30 seconds, and not prolonged or turned into something dubiously "romantic" or erotic. Plus, Hisashi then honestly apologizes, offers to move out, and promises never to do it again. Probably at least 2/3 of "romance" anime - not just BL - have unhealthy/questionable situations or relationships, so this one handles it better than most imho.

Most people are incapable of critical thought and seeing things in nuance these days let alone even basic common sense. Though it didnt help it wasnt made more clear what happened and was a bit overdone yet it also was just there as a setup for him to come out as gay as to why he felt like that had anything to do with what he did in a fever induced delirious state (Alternative sexsomnia, which is also a thing too but it is unrelated to fevers and these people lack memory of events)
@traed it's truly sad to see more and more how people seriously cannot understand what the author was trying to portray, is as if people nowadays needs things explained bit by bit or they won't get it. Truly sad and annoying
Jul 15, 5:28 AM
Mar 2023
Kreikka95 said:
@phaon1 didn't know teenagers stopped having sex lives after I left high school

what are u even talking about? Just because teenagers have sex lives doesn't mean i want to see it portrayed graphically.
Jul 16, 4:14 AM

Aug 2016
close enough welcome back ash and eiji

Jul 18, 4:37 AM
Jul 2019
Wasn't a big fan of the manga (I've read literally thousands of BL manga and this one is bland and generic, and the characters aren't that interesting), so am surprised that the anime has turned out as well as it has so far.

Beautiful art style, and the main characters aren't as 'meh' as in the manga - so far at least.

The story isn't anything special and, from what I remember of the manga, it doesn't get much more interesting from here, but the art style and the OP will likely keep me watching it.
Jul 18, 1:04 PM

Jan 2016
I really don't like the foreshadowing of "everyone dies... that's what makes them good"...

So gay-boy is gay and has had boyfriend for over year, roommate did not think he was gay, but has never shown any preference, but is not SUPER attracted to gay-boy and possibly wants to break his current relationship...
Really cute, but the half-sleep almost sexual assault with the lick and "sensei" is really disturbing.

4/5

Jul 19, 3:47 AM
Jan 2020
pure homo garbage
Jul 20, 3:19 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to melodyily
@Haylen I think people right off the bat love to hate on any kind of bl/gl for whatever reason but love to hype up any straight romance / hetero character who's a straight-up perv simply because they're homophobic. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong obviously with what he did in that specific scene people have an "issue" with but its also getting blown way out of proportion and I just wish people had this much to say about heterosexual relationships that are animated
@melodyily Yeah, I agree with you here. Used to be that I hated and dropped Ao Haru Ride over one specific scene. Years later I mellowed out and it's one of my favorite straight romance anime. Still, each time I rewatch it I have to remind myself that scene where Kou physically reminds/borderline threatens Futaba, all 'I could overpower and r*pe you if I wanted, and so could any boy, so you'd better be careful, no girl can feel safe out in the world :)' is coming.

This scene between Mao and Hisashi, for me, pales in comparison tbh. (Even in the manga
) I honestly don't think Hisashi is being dishonest here, he has everything to lose and nothing to gain by having to move out of the dorm room and maybe the entire dorm. Likewise I don't think Mao is putting on a brave face, since there is no reason for him to lie about not being scared, he thinks to himself that he felt sorry for Hisashi who seemed lonely and pitiful. And then he feels responsible for how things turned out because he approached Hisashi in his delirium, 'victim-blaming' and self-blame if you wish, which is... a very Japanese mentality alright.

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Jul 21, 7:54 AM

Oct 2011
Seems promising, nice that MC understands his feelings so early on.

Just sad that it's another BL anime that had to have some kind of weird sa thing. Gladly it wasn't anything crazy as in other anime, especially ther older ones, and got resolved quickly, but jesus it was so uncomfy when bro was panting like an animal.
Aug 20, 12:50 AM

Jun 2008
Ichikawa: "I'm not gay"
The audience: "Just wait a couple episodes"

As expected, this is no Yarichin Club, already fluffier and warmer than my whole plush collection, but cinema and cute boys? Itadakimasu~

watching, waiting, commiserating
Aug 20, 9:55 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to RenaPsychoKiller
Ichikawa: "I'm not gay"
The audience: "Just wait a couple episodes"

As expected, this is no Yarichin Club, already fluffier and warmer than my whole plush collection, but cinema and cute boys? Itadakimasu~
@RenaPsychoKiller The audience: Honey, you got a big storm coming... :o)
Speaking of plushies, please give me Hisashi's top & bottom-coded penguins, Japan!

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 2, 10:10 AM
Dec 2020
first thought: they're the ash and eiji we never got to have (especially the library scene foreshadowing?? i almost screamed when i saw that part)

so much happenning and it's only the first episode

a, he had to be seriously sick to lose his mind like that, if a stranger did that to me i'd call the police immediately

b, he not only almost assaulted him, he also spread his germs all over his face, that's double jail time

c, the last line hits soooo close to home, i realized i was in love with my best friend like a month before we graduated and it was the most painful and stressful experience of my life so far

the characters look really cute, except those twins, they're UGLY who thought that was a good design???
AJpurpleSep 2, 10:13 AM
Sep 4, 3:20 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to kirA_-_
I dont think it was SA not when I read manga or now I think the author actually just writes the scene badly. It very obvious that it try to portray that he was not aware of what he is doing but I think mostly because the scene in the manga was very short and author didn’t explained better its looks strange which is I agree can you see it as SA yea definitely but in my eyes it just bad writing

Actually my favorite part was that he can admit about he’s feeling too himself this fast Im just sick of waiting 7 ep to just MC even understand he’s feelings.
@kirA_-_ May I ask why you think it was not SA? It clearly was. The scene in the manga also didn’t only end with just a lick on the face. It went on to licking his chest, feeling up his butt and slipping his hand into his pants touching him you know where in the front. How is that not SA?
Sep 4, 8:52 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to nynywg
@kirA_-_ May I ask why you think it was not SA? It clearly was. The scene in the manga also didn’t only end with just a lick on the face. It went on to licking his chest, feeling up his butt and slipping his hand into his pants touching him you know where in the front. How is that not SA?
@nynywg I’m saying that it was NOT writing as an SA scene. I still thing it just s bad writing by author who doesn’t understand what they writing. What I say is that the author didn’t try to make it an SA scene but still made it which is very common in BL writing. There is a difference for me between writing SA scene and writing Sa scene without understanding that you’re writing SA scene this one is second to me. Do I think it’s right? No. I didn’t explain in my original comment that I still don’t like this type of scene. But I more see them just as bad writing especially that most of the BL authors just doesn’t understand what is SA and what is not. For me the author try to put as much of 'sexual tension' in the volum as they can and it end up with that.

I maybe not explained myself best in the first comment. I just think compare to most of BL that is romanticized SA and sometimes r*pe this author didn’t try to do this it was just very bad scene that she try to play as he was like 'sleep walking' and not actually try to SA him. This is what I try to say

Sep 27, 8:31 AM
Mar 2018
I loved it!!! After watching that first episode, I want to see Hisashi's POV.
Oct 1, 4:21 AM

Jun 2022
uncomfortable throughout the episode , that ed song was nice though .

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» In another life time...

AnimeZ0id - Oct 17

3 by ExpiredH20 »»
Oct 20, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

38 by aedeann »»
Oct 14, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 22

31 by Bisalissy »»
Oct 8, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 12

20 by cooldogmom »»
Oct 5, 11:42 AM

» This will be my first BL anime what can I expect?

ishowcunny - Jun 11

26 by ishowcunny »»
Oct 4, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.