Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 10, 2023 5:07 PM

Jun 2013
Reverse Isekai and surprisingly a good one
Apr 10, 2023 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
Joyous, another censored seinen.
Apr 10, 2023 5:48 PM

Sep 2021
This "final boss battle" took longer than in most video games...
And all the characters have a screw loose!

Not much else to say, very flashy and edgy but so far not much has happend, I guess it takes time. 
The corpse god being suprised over Misaki's death is weird though. Didn't they say 10 minutes earlier that Evil Eye allows the user to see souls leaving the body upon death? This concerns me of whether this is another "style over substance" edgy show...
Apr 10, 2023 5:48 PM

Nov 2021
Oh yeah, I'm in!!!

Apr 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Jul 2017
Considering this is written by the same person who did Baccano and Durarara, not the most promising start story-wise since I found the premise to be pretty boring without much of an exciting hook yet, but at least GEEKTOYS did better than I expected with the premiere than I expected on the animation front. Not perfect by any means, but expected a lot worse than what I got for sure. The battle at the start being dragged out did not help though with my enjoyment or interest levels regarding the content here.
Apr 10, 2023 6:28 PM
Jan 2015
NO WAY my man Narita Ryohgo wrote this? Gonna have to keep an eye on this. The first episode didn't really convince me yet especially with the kind of drawn out fight at the beginning, but the concept is cool enough. I'll give it a few episodes since I love Narita's other works.
Apr 10, 2023 6:35 PM
Sep 2020
To all Manga Reader, is story become more boring later on? because I've seen some people say that only the beginning of this anime is good then it became boring later on
Apr 10, 2023 6:36 PM

Apr 2015
No idea where they can go with this plot.
Apr 10, 2023 6:47 PM

Dec 2022
very intresting first episode
Apr 10, 2023 6:48 PM
Sep 2022
Ilhan391 said:
To all Manga Reader, is story become more boring later on? because I've seen some people say that only the beginning of this anime is good then it became boring later on

No, It becomes more interesting, IMO. I don't know why some people say otherwise, perhaps because of the complexity of the story.
Apr 10, 2023 6:51 PM
Jan 2020
Boing... boing... "She's dead!"

Really?! You don't say?

Apr 10, 2023 7:39 PM

Jan 2022
Somewhat a quite epic start into a reverse isekai in which the op mc kills the crazy girl, it's pretty hard to see what will happen next, but I did not see anything bad so far, congrats to Geek Toys xD.
I like everything, ok
Apr 10, 2023 7:47 PM

Mar 2007
It's like Overlord necro x some Dark Schneider Bastard antics? IDK if this ends up ecchi or not, that assassin had huge Boobs.
Apr 10, 2023 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
What is with the voice sound effects whenever the guy swung his sword. Sounds very game-like.
Apr 10, 2023 8:23 PM

Feb 2014
waaw dis is a f-ning,.. This is amazing first episode is interesting, pretty graphics, plot twist
The big lie of computer security is that security improves by imposing complex passwords on users. In real life, people write down anything they can't remember. Security is increased by designing for the way humans actually behave. -Jakob Nielsen
------------
Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you.
Apr 10, 2023 8:42 PM

Mar 2014
Really cool take on the whole isekai thing.
This seems to be an inverted isekai, in which people from the medieval world gets transported to our current world (japan) so travelling to the future in a way from the necromancer point of view.
The next best part is that the MC is actually the Evil guy, that is quite refreshing to see what kind of trouble a Necromancer will bring to the 21st century era :D
Apr 10, 2023 8:47 PM
Mar 2023
Since I didn't read the synopsis I got ACTUALLY surprised when I realized that the one that got isekaied was the Necromancer and not the hero, and I liked this. Gonna keep watching to see how it goes, but it was nice.
Apr 10, 2023 8:47 PM

Aug 2022
this was pretty decent, seems like it'll be fun edgy junk food but I'm not expecting much else from it. the opening scene was too long imo and I don't feel any kind of curiosity surrounding the fantasy world main guy's from, but it seems like we'll be periodically returning there to check in on things - I just hope it doesn't get too obtrusive. love the OP, though!
Apr 10, 2023 10:22 PM
Sep 2020
felixculpa said:
Ilhan391 said:

No, It becomes more interesting, IMO. I don't know why some people say otherwise, perhaps because of the complexity of the story.

If the story become more complex then count me in💪
Apr 10, 2023 10:56 PM
Apr 2023
I REALLY love it!!! It's even better than I expected and I like the song for the ED. I'm glad that I get to see this animated, I'll be waiting patiently for the new episode (and also new volumes in the future ^^)
Apr 11, 2023 12:04 AM
Aug 2017
After The atrocious adaptation Geek Toys delivered with Ningen Fushin just last season I was extremely surprised by this episode, not complaining better one manga I kinda like getting screwed in anime adaptation than two.
Been a while since I read the manga (probably way behind on it now lol) but I think this is adapting it quite well so far.
It's basically a more serious Devil is a part-timer (big evil of a fantasy world reincarnates into real world) with some Tokyo Ghoul vibes sprinkled in (urban settin, things take place in the "underground" the character desiigns wouldn't look too out of place from one to the other)

Author is the one from Baccano, Durarara and Fate/Strange Fake btw.
Apr 11, 2023 12:46 AM
Dec 2020
This is something different to anything I've seen before, so I'm really excited! I already new what this was about, but still, has been a great episode and I can't wait to know how it'll continue.
Apr 11, 2023 1:04 AM

Dec 2022
so the villan got reincarnated this time kinda the reminds me of the devil is a part timer but pretty sure this is much darker
Apr 11, 2023 2:29 AM

Jun 2015
This turned out to be rather enjoyable.  Later part of the episode was really fun!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 11, 2023 4:12 AM
May 2021
Just good , nothing else . prepared to watch it for the whole season cause of it's solid 1st ep
Apr 11, 2023 4:36 AM

Oct 2016
As someone who has an interest in Baccano and Durara, but has no time to watch it yet, this caught my attention, hearing that it's from the same author. So far, this was a really solid and interesting start.

I was confused at first, I thought it was Shagrua that was reincarnated, but by the end I realized it was actually The Corpse God, well, duh lmao. 

Oh boy, consider me scaroused Misaki. I have high hopes that our Corpse God will resurrect her. 

Really interesting though, the reason we initially thought it was Shagrua that was reincarnated, was because we saw flashbacks that indicated the reincarnated cared for the other world. I guess Corpse God was just misunderstood or we're the ones that's misunderstanding that flashback. Well either way, I am intrigued and looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 11, 2023 5:00 AM
Nov 2020
Classic isekai start, and yet I liked how it was introduced. The art is really good
Apr 11, 2023 5:15 AM

Jan 2008
Ilhan391 said:

Don't want to spoil anything, but the story gets better and better. Although, if you now Durarara and Baccano, you can guess what to expect - the story gets more complicated with a lot of great characters. This is what Ryohgo Narita is best at! I encourage you to keep watching :D
Apr 11, 2023 5:16 AM
Mar 2019
The slapstick ruined it for me to be honest. It didn't fit the story at all and was just utterly jarring.
Apr 11, 2023 5:36 AM
Mar 2022
It was pretty decent but way too edgy.
They tried to make some dramatic camara shots with over the top cgi. The main character was dull and didn't have an solid character base. It was also inconsistent with its visuals.
But I will wait for the next episode to have any solid statement on the anime.
Apr 11, 2023 5:37 AM
Apr 2019
Wow I didn't expect, the one who got reincarnated was actually the Villain on the another world. What an interesting plot and protagonist.
Apr 11, 2023 5:45 AM
Oct 2021
KANLen09 said:
WOW this is edgy as heck from the manga of the same name from mangaka Ryohgo Narita, being a Darwin's Game derivative, but with substance.

The legendary hero and member of the Church: the Calamity Crusher Shagrua Edith Lugrid vs the necromancer of the Corpse God, it's an intense, all-out fight for the 1st half, to save humanity. And all of that encapsulated in an overkill...that has the Corpse God relive a second chance of a life through reincarnation, albeit with a slit throat.

Being in an unfamiliar world of a peaceful Japan, the Corpse God trying to make two and two together within a body that belonged to a Polka Shinoyama, and getting whizzed away by the eccentric high school girl Misaki Sakimiya, wanting to earn a kill twice over him after killing the original owner's body once. With no definition of magic, he can only scathe off the hitgirl's yandere attacks but not for long, and still having the Evil Eye power enough to exact the same Corpse power he had before against her. Unfortunately for Shagrua, the defeat against the Corpse God feels partically complete, though for him, the reincarnation as Polka Shinoyama will etch another power into the new world...another round of Grim Reaping tag game.

Will this be a better Darwin's Game? Let's see...and already, this is Geektoys's best performance by far, and a good thing that this is 24 episodes over split-cours.

Geektoys should better keep up the momentum. I'm loved every second of this episode
Apr 11, 2023 5:53 AM
Jan 2023
Same author as Durara and Baccano
Apr 11, 2023 6:36 AM
Sep 2020
Dorregaray said:
Ilhan391 said:

Don't want to spoil anything, but the story gets better and better. Although, if you now Durarara and Baccano, you can guess what to expect - the story gets more complicated with a lot of great characters. This is what Ryohgo Narita is best at! I encourage you to keep watching :D

Thanks for the clarification, It excite me now on how the story will go on. Oh and btw I haven't seen any of those two previous series so I can't expect anything from this show
Apr 11, 2023 6:59 AM
Oct 2022
Wah. This one is quite good.
Apr 11, 2023 7:11 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Nice twist at first I thought it was knight that got reincarnated.
This is going to be good already liking MC.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Apr 11, 2023 7:43 AM
Sep 2021
Interesting plot, good art stye and animation, now waiting for how this corpse god lives in this new world.
Apr 11, 2023 8:48 AM

Aug 2020
Really a good start and personally didn't found it that edgy since it was just that yandere girl who seems like it but she was interesting. The opening gotta be my top 4 from this season.
Apr 11, 2023 9:35 AM

Oct 2022
Seems like an average power fantasy, don't know why but I was hoping this show to be different from this.

Let's see where the show's story heads next and whether the story is actually good or just a let down.
Apr 11, 2023 10:00 AM
Apr 2019
dragynfaerie said:
Wth? Why in the bejeezus was he surprised she died?
Because he's used to fighting fantasy world people with OP healing magic
Apr 11, 2023 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
Okish episode and a banger op. Though idk how this will go, he'll destroy the world this time and get everyone to oppose him? lets see
Apr 11, 2023 10:26 AM
Apr 2021
NAHHHHH WTF WAS THE FIRST 10 MINUTES!?!?!? that was insane animation bro😭😭😭😭😭😭🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Btw the yandere girl can chase me all she wants idc she’s a whole baddie who’s just misunderstood😋

But I’m intrigued and interested in this story I’ve never thought of a reincarnation story where the main villain gets reincarnated to modern day Japan I’m definitely keeping up with this weekly🤩
Apr 11, 2023 10:41 AM

Oct 2008
OHHHH!!! Impressive! I like the premise of this! very nice!!!
i wasn't paying attention cuz I thought the mage-knight was the one who got reverse-isekai'ed to the modern world but it is the other way around! it is the big@$$ skull necromancer himself! nice!!!
5/5.

Apr 11, 2023 11:02 AM
Jan 2017
they had me in the first half not gonna lie, I thought the hero dude reincarnated
Apr 11, 2023 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
It's entertaining to see an isekai inverse. Since they are not usually seen to take animes of this style. It feels somewhat fresh and the animation is very good. What will happen to the Necromancer Lord, this anime is definitely worth watching

Apr 11, 2023 12:26 PM

Aug 2017
As a fan of the manga I find it kinda weird how they extended the beginning fight scene and how they're leaning into the edginess way too much. Like Durarara and Baccano this is a story with a lot of comedy.
Being edgy (or ecchi like some people in this thread and on the internet in general seem to believe) was never the main appeal of this manga.
Apr 11, 2023 12:48 PM
Feb 2021
It's rare to see a concept.
Apr 11, 2023 1:03 PM

May 2019
Interesting, so this is a reverse isekai and also with the Corpse God being reincarnated and not the hero (I also thought it was the hero at first then got confused and eventually realized it was the Corpse God). Even though Misaki got killed I'm assuming she will be revived since she is part of the main cast according to MAL.

I came in this blind but I did like the action of the first episode. Character designs are good but the storyline was a little confusing to follow at first. Hope it gets better and that more is explained including the person/body that the Corpse God took over and why he's in what seems to be present day Japan.
Apr 11, 2023 1:16 PM

Apr 2018
I finally gave it a chance after some thoughts. It was worth it due to how special this kind of reverse isekai is (devil is a part timer) kinda stuff. The animation and soundtrack are legit better than I expected from the studio, so that's another factor that plays a role in continueing this show. It confused me first wether the Evil Corpse reincarnated or the Hero. But, it's the Evil Corpse that came to the other world. I don't get why he wants the kids to have a peaceful life? Isn't he evil?

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 11, 2023 3:01 PM

Jan 2020
Interesting start for sure. Potential isekai (or reverse isekai I guess) of the season
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

49 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 27, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

90 by Shadoweminence-8 »»
Aug 21, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

105 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jun 19, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

54 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

56 by spicarie »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.