Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 20, 2022 8:25 AM
Feb 2022
when comes the English sub movie??? can someone tell me
May 20, 2022 8:46 AM

May 2021
BrewderMagno said:
Lousy ending, worse than the manga, all super rushed. The worst girl of all won, a shame because this could have been the best harem anime of the last 20 years and ended up being a mediocre thing, a bigger fail than Nisekoi
IKR this could've been a good harem ending BUT NO 😭😭😭 (im neutral in the waifu wars btw)
May 20, 2022 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
KingShuloxx said:
Please someone confirm me if Diego Maradona appeared in the movie

I want to know too, this is important
May 20, 2022 9:08 AM

Jan 2020
BrewderMagno said:
Lousy ending, worse than the manga, all super rushed. The worst girl of all won, a shame because this could have been the best harem anime of the last 20 years and ended up being a mediocre thing, a bigger fail than Nisekoi

The pacing was bound to be meh given run-time, but nah the average tier girl won. Thank god it wasn't shit tier Ichika. Also wtf Nisekoi has one of the best endings in ALL romances ever lmao
May 20, 2022 9:11 AM
Apr 2021
pLxa4L7aru said:
when comes the English sub movie??? can someone tell me

only jesus himself is capable
May 20, 2022 9:47 AM

Nov 2021
I want this more motoo
May 20, 2022 6:47 PM

Jan 2019
so is everyone hating cuz their best girl lost
tho cramming a lot of the chapters left from the manga after s2 into a movie kinda sus in terms of pacing, but i havent seen it yet so
May 20, 2022 8:45 PM
Jul 2021
TanmaySpamzzz said:
Badonkers said:
@GreyratAnimelist Was the film rushed? I'm very concerned about its pacing.

@ me if he replies I'm really concerned as well

From what ive heard about the movie they cut a lot of important characters and scenes. take this lightly because i havent seen it yet
May 21, 2022 12:07 AM
Oct 2016
Illyricus said:
Based. Nothing better than seeing the salt of the manga ending and the rage of those who called this the "best harem ever" spreading to the anime onlies.

Best comment xd. Even though I never watched or read a single chapter.
May 21, 2022 1:53 AM
Jul 2021
"Sadly" ?? Lmao, best girl won and she deserved it lol. And yh her character was sidelined for this reason so it was obvious.. wasn't she the only one who actually paid attention to fuutaro in the first place while the psychopath nino was bitching around, making life miserable for him over petty reasons..

As for Miku.. "the fragile girl every lonely weeb wants to protect" I would prefer her over Nino any day any time, I don't dislike her at all, but she barely did anything just given the spotlight and was all cute and frigile throughout.

Ichika was among my favorite but ruined it her self.

Itsuki, was more like a mother figure she wasn't really into him like the rest in my own POV.
May 21, 2022 4:13 AM

Jul 2021
waiting for international release.

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
May 21, 2022 5:15 AM

Jul 2013
hikkiyuki said:
Illyricus said:
Based. Nothing better than seeing the salt of the manga ending and the rage of those who called this the "best harem ever" spreading to the anime onlies.

Best comment xd. Even though I never watched or read a single chapter.
That's the best approach you could have, tbh. Either way, the salt and
win.
May 21, 2022 6:41 AM
Jun 2020
The guy that directed this movie is the guy that directed the shield hero s2 too, so the rushed paced is inevitable for him, I wonder how he still getting a big projects and yet making it worse adaptation.
May 21, 2022 10:46 PM

Feb 2022
Furuhashi1 said:
Yeah I was Afraid this was Gonna happen the people including me who have read the Manga were saying to, too Many of Nino and Miku that they don't know what is Gonna Happen, After seeing the Yotsuba story in Manga in Detail my Respect for Yotsuba Crossed Nino.
But Anyway if you guys are still mad see this.

wow,that's great.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
May 21, 2022 11:35 PM

Mar 2014
The Movie Was really great!
I got spoiled like a year ago and I thought to myself, why Her?! And then today I went to the cinema to watch it and it was all explained very good! All has connected, all the things had their own reasons to happen, so I was very happy actually FUUTARO CHOSE HER AND NO ONE ELSE! (yup I have said it you can @ me if you want)

I loved it, and it was a great series!
A 9/10 movie for me, which was even better than the TV ANIME
May 22, 2022 12:29 AM

Mar 2014
KingShuloxx said:
Please someone confirm me if Diego Maradona appeared in the movie

yes he apparently appeared lol😂😂😂
May 22, 2022 2:57 AM

Feb 2021
AUSTINJUNIOR said:
"Sadly" ?? Lmao, best girl won and she deserved it lol. And yh her character was sidelined for this reason so it was obvious.. wasn't she the only one who actually paid attention to fuutaro in the first place while the psychopath nino was bitching around, making life miserable for him over petty reasons..

As for Miku.. "the fragile girl every lonely weeb wants to protect" I would prefer her over Nino any day any time, I don't dislike her at all, but she barely did anything just given the spotlight and was all cute and frigile throughout.

Itsuki, was more like a mother figure she wasn't really into him like the rest in my own POV.
So the girl that 'sacrificed everything' despite having the most less screen time and interaction with Fuutarou deserves it? I see you like a badly written ending. I guess tough luck for the rest of us that actually wanted a proper ending.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 22, 2022 2:59 AM

Feb 2021
Usopp8000 said:
The Movie Was really great!
I got spoiled like a year ago and I thought to myself, why Her?! And then today I went to the cinema to watch it and it was all explained very good! All has connected, all the things had their own reasons to happen, so I was very happy actually FUUTARO CHOSE HER AND NO ONE ELSE! (yup I have said it you can @ me if you want)

I loved it, and it was a great series!
A 9/10 movie for me, which was even better than the TV ANIME
I'm gonna take you up on that and @ you, then. What do you mean by 'explained very good'? Fuutarou just took a hard left turn and said 'I will marry the girl I have less interaction with'. And that's a good explanation?

Please elaborate.

May 22, 2022 6:11 AM
Jun 2021
lousy ending, missed a lot of arcs, and replaced them with original scenes. gotoubun is over, man. There's nothing to discuss here, shows like that should be made ova or special episodes, it's too disgusting to call it the movie
May 22, 2022 7:40 AM

Jul 2014
I was a bit skeptical with the movie cause the studio didnt really deliver as much as I hoped in S2, but Jesus christ it is sometimes amazing what low expectations can do to you when a movie blows shit out the water. They nailed the key moments so much, esp with Yotsuba, she felt like the main character in the movie tbh.
The movie was a roller coaster of emotions, the way the lolikano past got sprinkled in diff scenes and not in one go made it feel like an endless cycle of pain.
They also made their interactions a little bit sweeter compared to the manga which is a welcome add! Im glad this turned out to be the closing moment of 5bun in my mind.

Its also doing amazing in Japan theaters rn!
428/10!
Happy for my girl Yotsuba.
May 22, 2022 9:06 AM

Oct 2013
Haven't watched the movie but read the manga, question for y'all who watched it:

1. Itsuki's bio-dad arc happened?

2. T'WAS ALL A DREAM ending was also a thing?

3. FIND YER WAIFU in the wedding was there?

May 22, 2022 9:36 AM

Nov 2019
Master_Sphinx-1 said:
BrewderMagno said:
Nope, even with good ending this series can't be best harem because Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai or
(The World God Only Knows)exist.The Quintessential quintuplet is garbage compare to Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai.

I thought I was the only one who felt that Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai is the best harem anime.

about the movie I haven't seen it yet, all I care about if they kept the manga ending with my best girl wining
Elyon_HolicMay 22, 2022 9:41 AM
May 22, 2022 10:15 AM
Dec 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
AUSTINJUNIOR said:

So the girl that 'sacrificed everything' despite having the most less screen time and interaction with Fuutarou deserves it? I see you like a badly written ending. I guess tough luck for the rest of us that actually wanted a proper ending.

1. Technically the first person to confess to futaro
2. Was the only one in the beginning who actually even co-operated with futaro
3. Major moments in the manga that s2 did not adapt
4. She was the small girl from kyoto
5. Read chapter 77 when futaro jumps off the swing there's a thought cloud "not enough huh", this referred to the scene where futaro jumped off the swing and asked yotsuba to marry him like it was already predecided back then(also ofc the anime cut off almost this entire chapter cause why not)

In conclusion, it was pretty obvious from s2 that futaro would end up with yotsuba. I don't understand y'all who overlooked all these important developments in the anime/manga and straight up hated the ending without any logical reasoning but you have your opinion so fair enuff
TanmaySpamzzzMay 22, 2022 10:18 AM
May 22, 2022 6:17 PM

Feb 2021
TanmaySpamzzz said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

5. Read chapter 77 when futaro jumps off the swing there's a thought cloud "not enough huh", this referred to the scene where futaro jumped off the swing and asked yotsuba to marry him like it was already predecided back then(also ofc the anime cut off almost this entire chapter cause why not)

In conclusion, it was pretty obvious from s2 that futaro would end up with yotsuba. I don't understand y'all who overlooked all these important developments in the anime/manga and straight up hated the ending without any logical reasoning but you have your opinion so fair enuff
All those almost don't mean anything because Fuutarou hardly interacts with her and development doesn't happen if they barely talk to begin with. When I say barely or hardly, it means less than the other sisters, okay?

You said the hints are here and there, but in reality they are very vague in my opinion. For example:

1. why would her being the first to meet Fuutarou be a hint she's the winner? We know for a fact this isn't Nisekoi where Raku promises to marry the promised girl.

2. she was the small girl in Kyoto but another sister also met him, albeit later. Again, how would that be any hint?

All in all, I think the author just wanted to surprise the fans like 'I got you, didn't I?'. This is also 'hinted' with how bad the festival arc is, when suddenly a man is introduced abruptly. With just how rushed everything is at the finale, no wonder some people aren't satisfied with how the series ended.

How about it, is this logical enough for you?

May 22, 2022 8:24 PM
Dec 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
TanmaySpamzzz said:

All those almost don't mean anything because Fuutarou hardly interacts with her and development doesn't happen if they barely talk to begin with. When I say barely or hardly, it means less than the other sisters, okay?

You said the hints are here and there, but in reality they are very vague in my opinion. For example:

1. why would her being the first to meet Fuutarou be a hint she's the winner? We know for a fact this isn't Nisekoi where Raku promises to marry the promised girl.

2. she was the small girl in Kyoto but another sister also met him, albeit later. Again, how would that be any hint?

All in all, I think the author just wanted to surprise the fans like 'I got you, didn't I?'. This is also 'hinted' with how bad the festival arc is, when suddenly a man is introduced abruptly. With just how rushed everything is at the finale, no wonder some people aren't satisfied with how the series ended.

You only criticized my one single point about her being the girl in kyoto and as you said there weren't any interactions I literally just mentioned 4 different points where they legit had major developments in the anime and manga like her cooperating with futaro from the very beginning makes so much sense like the author had already decided from the very beginning it would be yotsuba. If that ain't convincing enough just read the manga from where s1 ended cause s2 cut off and skipped some major yotsuba moments(I'm assuming you read the manga after where s2 ended). Although I do agree that the festival arc could've been better and the introduction of their real father just felt too cliche, regardless it had it's peaks as well.
May 22, 2022 8:58 PM

Feb 2021
TanmaySpamzzz said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

You only criticized my one single point about her being the girl in kyoto and as you said there weren't any interactions I literally just mentioned 4 different points where they legit had major developments in the anime and manga like her cooperating with futaro from the very beginning makes so much sense like the author had already decided from the very beginning it would be yotsuba. If that ain't convincing enough just read the manga from where s1 ended cause s2 cut off and skipped some major yotsuba moments(I'm assuming you read the manga after where s2 ended). Although I do agree that the festival arc could've been better and the introduction of their real father just felt too cliche, regardless it had it's peaks as well.
I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I, for one, still don't think it's a good way to end the story. When it comes to topics like this people just say I'm salty because my girl didn't win, but I will still be satisfied if only the winner wasn't her.

She has the least room to grow, and close to no character development. That is why I'm not happy she won.

May 22, 2022 9:16 PM
Dec 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
TanmaySpamzzz said:
I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I, for one, still don't think it's a good way to end the story. When it comes to topics like this people just say I'm salty because my girl didn't win, but I will still be satisfied if only the winner wasn't her.

She has the least room to grow, and close to no character development. That is why I'm not happy she won.
Fair enuff Ig I'm just biased as I read the manga from the very beginning after s2 and caught up on a lot of vague moments that hinted yotsuba winning in the end. Although if it wasn't yotsuba it definitely shouldn've been nino
May 22, 2022 9:51 PM
Apr 2021
Anyone know where some one in the states can watch it?
May 23, 2022 3:50 AM
Feb 2021
Lmao
🅱️Iku fans cope
May 23, 2022 8:09 AM
Nov 2016
Can someone tell me why movie score so low is movie pacing too fast, skipped many scenes,poor design etc...?
May 23, 2022 2:31 PM

Jul 2020
Malhotra55 said:
Can someone tell me why movie score so low is movie pacing too fast, skipped many scenes,poor design etc...?

1- only 500 people voted.
2- A lot of people started to create alt acc to put 1 just because their girl lost.
i'm not an english native speaker
May 23, 2022 4:46 PM
Feb 2021
MegamiRem said:
Best girl won and that's perfection.

W.. She’s so rent free in the other fans heads
May 23, 2022 9:33 PM
Nov 2016
ghillozz said:
Malhotra55 said:

2- A lot of people started to create alt acc to put 1 just because their girl lost.

Yeah u r right since I read the manga already i know that yotsuba wins and i don't mind bcz she always help him ,care for him and supportive and although she likes Fuutarou but she never tries to monopolies him i think she is the best girl for him
May 23, 2022 10:56 PM

Jul 2020
Malhotra55 said:
ghillozz said:

Yeah u r right since I read the manga already i know that yotsuba wins and i don't mind bcz she always help him ,care for him and supportive and although she likes Fuutarou but she never tries to monopolies him i think she is the best girl for him

I prefer Miku but i think Yotsuba is a good choice for futaro, so i am somewhat satisfied with the ending.
i'm not an english native speaker
May 24, 2022 3:16 AM
Nov 2016
ghillozz said:
Malhotra55 said:

I prefer Miku but i think Yotsuba is a good choice for futaro, so i am somewhat satisfied with the ending.

i also prefer miku but also thinks itsuki will be chosen bcz she never shown affection to Fuutarou and likes him and he likes her bcz they are always open to her but in reality she never knows she has felling's for him
May 24, 2022 9:57 PM
Jan 2011
Are people watching this movie in Japan?Or has it been ripped?
May 27, 2022 7:15 AM

Feb 2022
Malhotra55 said:
tbh it is not that bad it will get easily 7+ rating when more and more people will see it.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
May 28, 2022 5:01 AM
Nov 2016
GreyratAnimelist said:
Malhotra55 said:
tbh it is not that bad it will get easily 7+ rating when more and more people will see it.

lets hopes for best but i really want at least 1 or 2 more season its feels really too early to finished the series
Sep 8, 2022 11:18 PM
Sep 2022
I Don't think yotsuba win
Sep 15, 2022 2:12 PM
Dec 2019
Finally able to watch it in the theater in a special screening here in Manila.
It was not as bad of an adaptation like some claim it to be. Yes it is condensed but at the very least the storytelling in the movie is not as confusing with the manga.
They rearranged some chapters to make it easier to get by the story, especially during that chaotic cultural festival.
I'm a Nino fan, but I don't mind with Yotsuba winning. In-universe, that is like a 5 year build to the story.
I agree that this could have been a better a series if not for the rushed manga ending, but I'm still happy anyway.

Animation 4/5
Music and voice acting 4/5
Story and Pacing 2.5/5
Enjoyment 4/5

solid 8/10 for me
Sep 22, 2022 2:02 AM
May 2021
OMG. After Saekano movie, this harem romcom movie caught me off guard. The whole story warped nicely and about my girl Miku didn't won is a bit sad but for this particular I don't mind. Overall 8.5/10
Sep 24, 2022 1:38 PM

Jan 2021
The ending song hit my feelings so hard that I keep listening to it till I cried
Sep 27, 2022 8:49 AM

Jul 2014
Was able to clutch last-day screening tickets here in our country and all I can say is, what's up with that shitty pacing for Itsuki's arc?

Sep 28, 2022 1:54 AM
Mar 2020
Watched it just now, man, I held off my tears throughout the movie because it's embarrassing and the theatre is pretty full.

But I gotta say, I did forgot how it goes with the manga but I did saw a lot of flashbacks and awfully touching ones on top of that which I don't even remember it happened in the manga.

The romance is also a bit touching but the flashbacks are the ones that got me good.

9/10, stayed until the credits rolled, the end credits almost broke me also.
Sep 28, 2022 3:07 AM

Jul 2019
Just finished watching it, its the first time I watched romcom harem anime movie in theatres (full of men) so well so it was.. an interesting experience, lol.

Anyway I'm anime only but I've been spoiled who's the winner. About Yotsuba, I never really mind her. Not my favourite but she suits Fuutarou just alright. The movie added more to her story than the previous two seasons and thats great because it was needed. The scenes about Fuu's memories with the quints got me emotional, we've really come a long way. The quint game just before the wedding was a nice way to end it. What made the series fun to follow wasn't just about the harem romcom but the dynamics between all characters. Decent movie but not something I would rewatch, for obvious reasons.. 7/10
Oct 2, 2022 2:40 AM

Feb 2020
AHHHH I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO WATCH IT! I've been waiting for so goddamn long. It's the first time I've ever watched an anime movie in a theatre. It was quite the experience. Though I felt a little uncomfortable watching it since I had to watch it with my father (my father insisted in watching it with me). It's really damn embarrassing watching a waifu show with a parent lmao.

Well, talking about the movie itself, I already knew what would happen. The winner has already been spoiled to me multiple times so it wasn't really a surprise, but I enjoyed it nonetheless! I was really rooting for miku to win but it is what it is. I mean, yotsuba is still a great pick imo so I'm fine with it. Overall, I give the movie an 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2022 7:45 AM
Feb 2022
แม่งเป็นเมะที่โคตรดีสัสๆๆๆเลยอะทำผมร้องไห้ได้ตอนดูซาบซึ้งมากดูไปตื่นเต้นไปเอาไปเลยอันดับ1ในดวงใจ<3
Oct 3, 2022 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
Finally had the chance to see this movie at a local theater. I've gotta say, if you haven't read the manga then it doesn't feel rushed; at least that's how it is for me. Sure a third season would've done a better job, but there isn't much left to cover anyway.

Sucks Itsuki lost, and I still can't accept how the girl wins without doing anything that could've made Uesugi fall for her. But oh well. No use crying over spilled milk.

9/10 personal rating. The festival arc is weak and rushed too in the manga, I don't see a better way for the studio to handle it.

Oct 6, 2022 7:35 AM

Jan 2021
When the end credit starts playing and showing the quints wearing wedding dress one by one and all together, I was at verge of tears in the theater.
Oct 8, 2022 4:16 AM
Sep 2021
Lmao i love the original dance scene
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» The hate on this movie is undeserved

did4375 - Jul 6

21 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

» Quintessential Quintuplets didnt know what to do with Itsuki

onionboys - Nov 26, 2022

29 by Crumb101 »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.