Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2018 8:49 PM

Jan 2018
So Yume is really dead and... I guess Yukari died well?

Pretty intense episode, for a second I thought Hiyori would sacrifice herself to stop Tagitsu-hime just like her mom did in the past, but fortunately that didn't happen. I wonder how this series will continue from this point, either Tagitsu isn't quite done with yet or we'll see some new antagonists in the future.
Mar 29, 2018 1:31 AM
Mar 2012
That 6vs1 group fight was well done, cg/2d mix perhaps the right choice for Gokumi.
Aww, Yume rip.
Where's that meteor heading? A new Yukari?
Maybe Sayaka's mom'll become next big bad.
Kinda good midway closure. Wasn't clear Princess knows humans want it dead but also seems to give humans a chance to defeat it.
Good to see the full backstory of both mothers & Yukari when the aradama fuse happened. Nice Hiyori theme.

Mar 30, 2018 7:58 AM

Jun 2017
I am honestly surprised, it was a pretty decent finale for the first half and the insert song really nailed it. It's not a hidden gem yet but this show is pretty underrated so far.

New key visual looks sick, I wonder if that's Yomi on aradama drugs because her hair totally matches.
Apr 1, 2018 6:11 AM
Aug 2015
MomoSinX said:
New key visual looks sick, I wonder if that's Yomi on aradama drugs because her hair totally matches.

I’m hoping that that’s Yume come back as a aradama in the top right. Then after defeating her in the end she is somehow saved and restored XD
Apr 1, 2018 7:02 AM

Jun 2017
Ishamaelronin said:
MomoSinX said:

I’m hoping that that’s Yume come back as a aradama in the top right. Then after defeating her in the end she is somehow saved and restored XD

Could be since we didn't really see how her body got disposed of if it got at all.
Apr 1, 2018 11:28 AM

Oct 2013
Well the ending feel's kind of fast... rush don't you think ? if the next 12 episodes are with the others characters that's all we'll get ?

But I am ready for the new story arc! the new characters looks awesome! we'll see them as the main team right ????

Team Megane & Hood girl for the win!
TitadouApr 1, 2018 11:32 AM
Apr 1, 2018 7:26 PM
Jul 2014
Katana Maidens has been a truly subpar anime with less than desirable action sequences surrounded in a cheat death mechanic. It had the character development to support itself but I could never get ito the combat. It was fluid and fun, and watching certain characters use teamwork to defeat their foes was interesting. The cheat death mechanic killed the whole experience for me as their was really no sense of loss when the characters would get speared through their chest and still live.

Up until episode 11 I didn't think anyone would die in combat, and no one has yet. I hope it changes. What happened to Yume was unfair for her.

Since the first episode she appeared in, I now see why she was so obsessed with defeating strong opponents and at times came across as sadistic. She literally was dying the whole and refused to use the noro power that was keeping her alive initially. She instead chose to use her own fearsome strength. What drives her so hard? She wants to be remembered and not forgotten. Watching her flashback tore me apart. She went from being prodigy who was praised to finding out she was terminally ill and everyone just gave up on her. No one visited her in the hospital, the least of which were her own parents. What she feared most about death was not being remembered. What I don't like about her death is that so far she has been the only real casualty, and it hasn't been through the fighting where everyone has been protected by the ouki, an invisible force that cancels out lethal blows. Outside of the ouki anything goes. In the end, the most senseless death was Yume, and I feel that her death served no purpose and was just there for shock factor. I don't think highly of this series and now I really think less of it. It was a tragic moment and I really feel for Yume, but she went out with her head held high and never gave up. Best of all, she died without once using the noro. Rest in peace Yume, you didn't deserve to be in such a series.
Apr 3, 2018 8:55 AM
May 2016
Legendzerox said:
Since the first episode she appeared in, I now see why she was so obsessed with defeating strong opponents and at times came across as sadistic. She literally was dying the whole and refused to use the noro power that was keeping her alive initially. She instead chose to use her own fearsome strength. What drives her so hard? She wants to be remembered and not forgotten. Watching her flashback tore me apart. She went from being prodigy who was praised to finding out she was terminally ill and everyone just gave up on her. No one visited her in the hospital, the least of which were her own parents. What she feared most about death was not being remembered. What I don't like about her death is that so far she has been the only real casualty, and it hasn't been through the fighting where everyone has been protected by the ouki, an invisible force that cancels out lethal blows. Outside of the ouki anything goes. In the end, the most senseless death was Yume, and I feel that her death served no purpose and was just there for shock factor. I don't think highly of this series and now I really think less of it. It was a tragic moment and I really feel for Yume, but she went out with her head held high and never gave up. Best of all, she died without once using the noro. Rest in peace Yume, you didn't deserve to be in such a series.

Well, it is rather she don't to use Aradama power, Noro give her strength to return to normal activites but not prolong her life, and also it turn her into half-Aradama, but yeah different from other Elite Guard, she refuse to use the Aradama power boost.
Apr 3, 2018 3:08 PM

Apr 2015
Quite surprised how this turned out so far. The mix of CG & 2D in the battle scenes doesn't seem to bother me too much, I actually kinda like it. First cour is over, I wonder what second cour will have in store for us.
Apr 8, 2018 3:19 PM
Aug 2015
I can't believe that Yume is actually dead I thought that they would deus ex machina her back to live it is funing that the only parson from the Elite Guard to die was the young's parson and all the ather people that are older then her are sitl alive
Apr 9, 2018 11:06 PM

Aug 2013
Honestly that basically felt like an ending right there, like episode 13 would be an epilogue where they're all having fun at the beach or something. Interested to see how they pull out another 12 episodes. Honestly it feels like the end of the first cour of Guilty Crown.

Super disappointed that Yume actually died. Like wtf. Barely any screen time, has one super badass fight, and then it's just over for her? Was hoping someone would swoop in and save her at the last minute and give her some medical attention. Kind of a let down since she was probably the most interesting and complex character in the show, with Kanami probably being the second most interesting.

NameLess_NEET said:
Speaking of new key visual... here it is.

New characters?

Honestly going off that key visual it looks like Tagitsu-hime somehow was able to adopt the body of a high school girl. Or perhaps as someone else mentioned its actually Yomi and Suzuka and maye Tagitsu-hime was able to regenerate in their bodies since they have noro inside them.

Apr 22, 2018 10:57 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode! The fight was great, and Yukari is not a bad person at all, she even asked the girls to finish her and she wanted to save Kanami & Hiyori's mom.
Kanami got possessed by her mom!
Still sad about Yume...
Aug 8, 2018 10:07 AM

Aug 2017
This is my opinion about the first 12 episodes. 'Underrated' doesn't mean good. The conspiracy-rebellion anime have an average story. Kanami is generic and Hiyori is your typical vengeful girl. The rest feels so two dimensional or boring. Their world makes no sense. I love Yume, sadly she is dead! 3/5 for the episode. 5/10 for the first cour.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 10, 2018 2:33 AM

Dec 2012
Yume dead.
Mai with her hair down. Perfect.
Kanami hit her.
Dat arm chop off.
Yukari is still inside.
Dat HnM hair.
Mai with the save.
Ellen side oppai.
Dat Kagari upskirt.
Minato is controlling Kanami.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 20, 2019 2:16 PM

Sep 2013
Enjoyed this first half more than I was expecting. Princess Tagitsu can't be completely gone but wonder how it'll continue from here, kind of hope they get a bit of time skip/ training montage as without Kanami's mothers strength they would have lost already.

Really gutting that Yume died, was loving her and Minase Inori played the role amazingly, she does really well voicing the villian character.
Nov 14, 2019 11:04 AM
Oct 2018
giannisww said:
Poor girl they killed her after all. rip :(

she died of illness
Jul 23, 2021 4:29 AM

Feb 2020
Oh, my. What an episode.

So, Yume really died? She was kinda annoying character in my opinion, but I'm still sad because she's gone. She deserved to have a much better life.

Princess Tagitsu got defeated as well.

Kanami holding Hiyori's hand was a touching moment. They did a great job.

SerafosMar 13, 3:09 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2018

43 by nhkam »»
Jul 13, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

25 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

27 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

17 by IAMQT »»
Oct 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 21 Discussion

Rob - Dec 29, 2018

2 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 29, 2022 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.