Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 14, 2017 12:38 PM

Mar 2015
Awww Rin is pregnant! Glad to see her have a change of heart compared to the beginning when she felt she didn't get along with kids - til she met Poco, of course!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 25, 2017 1:16 PM

Sep 2011
Oh, boy, what an episode. It was really sweet and touching. I also liked how they showed that whenever there's sadness (death anniversary) there's also new hope (Rin being pregnant).
Mar 2, 2017 11:13 PM

Jun 2015
Well that was quite touching.
:)
May 7, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
Bibimbapski said:
Rin is pregnant! I bet that sunk any Nakaji x Rin fantasy ships people had.

Never really shipped it, because it was clear she is married, and this isn't the kind of show to touch on that.

That said, this episode only highlighted that ship more than anything. It's like the Titanic of anime: big, magnificent, beautifull, sad, and doomed on its maiden voyage. Seriously, if you think about it: Nakaji being eternally single, and not really liking anyone, admitting he did like Rinko, and Rinko being so close to him, and teasing him all the time.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 12, 2017 8:12 AM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
The moment Rinko freaked about the cigarette, I just knew she was

Then right after, the big reveal (: lol
lifeiscrazyOct 12, 2017 9:12 AM

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Oct 28, 2017 11:33 PM

Jun 2016
Nakaji is finally doing the marriage interviews after seeing his Mom crying in front of him while convincing him to do it. Aww. Freaking knew it that Nakaji had a crush on Rin. Damnit. Why didn't they end up together!?! They look so good together, though. 😕

Rin is pregnant the reason why she's acting funny. I bet she'll be a great mom. :")

So many questions about how Rin and Souta's parents died then Souta's accident.

That scene at the cemetery had me tear up especially when Rin is chasing after her mom like trying to reach out to her. Poko is behind that dream memory whatchamaccalit, right?

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 17, 2020 4:19 AM
Jul 2015
That emotion :'( Such a great episode
Sep 6, 2020 8:18 PM

Jul 2016
Thought I would be able to miraculously finish the episode without crying and then, Poko started using some tanuki magic to make Rinko see her mom again ;_;

Definitely, my favorite episode of the show. Doubt any of the remaining two can surpass it but we'll see.
As for this one, Rinko shone in such a way this time. Always love when series can handle and depict family bonds this well so seeing her trying to take the mother role for her little brother's sake was something truly moving.
And the flashback with both her and Souta dealing with their mother's death was so well handled too. Honestly, seeing them crying for their mother's absence hit me so hard.

Overall, another fantastic and incredibly touching episode. Nakajima's genuine reaction of happiness for Rinko's pregnancy was so heartwarming to see, by the way.
Being a good mother has almost nothing to do with being a good cook but with the way how you treat your children and based on how caring Rinko is with Poko, I have no doubt she's gonna be as good of a mom as Souta xD

P.S.: Now on a more humorous note, Nakajima just got family-zoned... Seriously, men in this show don't have much luck with women, it seems.
Dec 11, 2021 1:24 AM

Mar 2021
great and touching episode, gaogao-chan segment parodied the Ultraman 1966 series hahaha
🐐

Jul 13, 2022 11:14 PM

Jul 2019
When I started watching this I didn't expect to cry, yet here we are. I like the dynamic between Shinobu and Rinko. Despite giving each other a hard time (-ish) they still care and consider each other family (Rinko at least).
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

111 by snowykevin »»
Sep 19, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

47 by bankredmeadow »»
Jul 31, 2022 8:51 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

54 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 14, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

40 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

52 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 13, 2022 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.