Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2014 9:55 PM

Oct 2012
Cute episode is cute xD
I'm glad because there's one more tsundere girl

As I expected the from the "boss"
But still, Sally-sensei was too cold to him xD
Afterall he's a good guy, such a gentleman

Deredere side of Seitokaichou... Oh please don't do that
Not good for my heart xD

Hana no mama?
Oh, the feels will come again :(
"Signature removed"
Oct 3, 2014 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
I've read some complaints about Hanayamata that the series does not really focus on the dancing. I think this is true to an extent, but it appears to me that the intention is to show how each character grows as a result of her participation in the Yosakoi club. In episode 10 it is Machi that comes the farthest.

Notice Machi's symbolic sunflowers appear at different points throughout the episode, until that final sequence where Naru comes up with each girl's flower.

I have to say that I really like all the characters in this series. None of them are wasted or superfluous to the unfolding tale.

Hanayamata seems so simple on the surface, but has a subtle depth. Nice writing.
Oct 6, 2014 4:08 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

While not pleasing me in terms of originality, the anime is still pretty, sweet and cute.
Narration fun, there is also room to investigate the past of Hana; the father seems a strange but fun.
Unfortunately, the drawings are scarce, with hindsight that potential moe available, you could reach a high level of cuteness!

pakoko said:

Incoming Hana drama, or another episode of Hanadramata :P

ASD

ThreePointer said:

I agree ! :3
Oct 6, 2014 2:26 PM

Dec 2013
lol Hana still gets exited with everything.

And Machi is my favorite girl now.
Oct 7, 2014 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
SO..... Machi is Super Kawaii I see!
Nov 28, 2014 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
Aww, Machi-chan is soo cute in this episode!! Finally get to see the cute/soft side of her.
Dec 8, 2014 4:08 AM
Nov 2013
Good to see the all back together and hope they somehow make it to yosakoi festival
Dec 26, 2014 5:31 AM

Dec 2010
Machi solidifies her spot as my fave. Good episode.
Jun 3, 2015 5:18 PM

Feb 2013
Having a no-pressure audience should be good for them.
Apr 2, 2017 3:06 AM

Jul 2013
Sunflower is also common and plain. Weed that can be easily be gotten rid off.
Aug 14, 2017 6:46 PM

Feb 2014
LMAOOOOOO THAT BOY THOUGHT IT WAS BON ODORI I'M DYING x'''DDDDD

NOOOOOO they almost didn't make it it to the Hanairo Yosakoi...But luckily the bald dude came in clutch and got them a spot!!! As much as I wanna blame them for being dumbasses it's a pretty understandable mistake like “oh yeah we're totally gonna do that and we have plenty of time”

They all practiced together and then a crowd came and then it turned out that they could all dance in the festival...dang why does this show have to make you feel so good :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
Much better episode since they didn't focus on all the teen-girl drama stuff.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 4, 2021 4:36 AM

Feb 2020
What a great episode. I'm glad the other girls are able to get into the festival, after all. ^_^

SerafosNov 27, 2023 4:29 AM
Jan 20, 2022 12:31 PM

Aug 2018
Well, Machi's strictness is both a plus and minus.. She pushes people a lot, and sometimes too hard.. But also she'd keep some things in check as well.. Like this registration they forgot.. Or, for example, changing dance adding umbrellas might indeed be better for another time.. So she is person who both adds to the group, but also you need to learn to deal with her pushing side as well..
I'm not too sure, what is Machi's motivation to be in the group, though.. Is it being closer both to Tami and sister she now made up with?.. Is this why she wants to be part of the club?..
Her being hardworking certainly helps her, as she's trailing behind others.. Others had much more time in club, so she has to catch up..
Hm, this hotel actually has quite a lot of people, it seems..
So motivation is to have fun, hm.. Well, we did get some cute side of Machi in some transition screens or something, but it was mostly there.. Could use more in the main time as well, really.. ;P
Aug 18, 3:54 PM

Aug 2021
gahh almost missed the aftercredits!
i really like this episode because it stepped down from the drama (which is fantastic but we can have a break from it sometimes) and puts focus on its characters without making it melodramatic, and we also get a focus on yosakoi this episode! very sweet, though i feel like the training camp thingy was pointless, we dont get to see them actually do much and it lasted like 10 minutes, the time preparing and building up for it couldve been used elsewhere, though they probably only did it to make a bath scene
Machi is also likeable now, she actually has a personality other than my sister betrayed me
i think my only complaint about the show is how nobody really has an attachment to yosakoi. Hana does it because it's traditional or something idk, Yaya is in it because of Naru? same with Tami, and Machi is there for Tami and her sister. like nobody is doing it because they genuinely love yosakoi, except maybe Naru imo. it frankly makes the yosakoi segments feel less investing because yosakoi doesn't really play a big part in this show at all- how do we know they want to dance yosakoi at all or if theyre just doing it for their friend? you could replace yosakoi with something else and it wouldn't change much at all. if yosakoi is what was suppoesd to make this show stand out it's not doing the best job at all.
all of that to say that doesnt ruin my enjoyment, its still a fantastic show with amazing characters. can't wait for the last 2 episodes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

156 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

77 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2014

69 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2014

61 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2014

81 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.