Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2014 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
so adorable such feels
"o my god" lol
[/quote]
Sep 6, 2014 5:24 PM

Apr 2014
Finally started to like this anime but it's coming to an end. :(
Sep 25, 2014 3:47 AM

Oct 2012
Too emotional
But oh, it's all ended well
I spotted one additional Tsundere xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 30, 2014 8:49 AM

May 2010
Dat sisters conflict! I really liked the second half (because I can relate with Sally) Gotta love her for working hard for her students. Now that resolved nicely, Sally passed too. Woohoo
Oct 3, 2014 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
Tami again shows herself as the most mature and wise of the Yosakoi club. As with Yaya, Tami helps Machi come to terms with her resentment towards her sister. I like how the emotion at the end, after Machi had finally overcome her bitter feelings, was understated.

I find the childish behavior of Hana and Naru to be very amusing. It was typical of those two to burst into tears and tackle Sally when they are led to believe she's quitting. I even think a bit of Hana's hyperactivity wore off on Naru!
Oct 5, 2014 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode sweet despite having a somewhat linear plot and the taste of déjà vu, touching and funny story, Tami finally becomes more predominant in history.
Drawing a little rough, Madhouse is always the same, always trying to save money, oh well!
The TV series is about to end, I hope to have a nice finish.
Oct 6, 2014 2:04 PM

Dec 2013
Best story so far.

Want to see Machi all clingy with Sally.....
Oct 6, 2014 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
Really nice episode! Im surprised at how well this anime handles its drama!
:)
Oct 27, 2014 8:33 PM

Dec 2007
Damn it Hana you need to stop doing that thing where you butt into arguments where you don't know the full story and just side with whoever you're closest to regardless of what's going on. The thing between Machi and Sally was pretty complicated and, even if Machi was ultimately wrong, Hana confronting her like that was such shit.
Ich verstehe nicht
Nov 28, 2014 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
pakoko said:
What I really love about this show is how well it immerses me into the characters’ backstories. They’re all stories I’ve seen before, but somehow Hanayamata does a way better job delivering the cliché stories to its viewers. It’s amazing. Never have I seen a typical “school club” anime immerse me this much into the drama and the show as a whole. Welcome Machi and congrats Sally!

Definitely one of the more surprisingly consistent anime this season.

Yes, indeed it is. This is why I enjoyed watching this series so far. It is a very unique slice of life anime that I've come to true enjoyment.
Dec 8, 2014 3:38 AM
Nov 2013
Lazy girl sally sensei is working hard O_O
Dec 26, 2014 3:19 AM

Dec 2010
I hated the all-obvous forced misunderstanding but I liked the episode as it focused on probably the best character of the anime. Glad she got development, let's see where thing will head from now on.
Jun 2, 2015 4:19 PM

Feb 2013
It had to happen sooner or later... oh childish misunderstanding... I guess the sisters are BFFs again.
Oct 17, 2016 6:37 AM

Apr 2009
OMG this show is a GEM!

The art, music, story and character development is just amazing.

but So underrated IMO. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 10:39 AM

Sep 2013
Ugh, the total non-issues these girls find to get upset about.

"Oh no, my big sister grew up, finished school and moved out. I feel abandoned so I'll hate her forever."

Ugh

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 14, 2019 6:56 PM

May 2017
Damn why every show have to turn so serious at the end , if i want something serious i search something serious from the start , not cute happy girl dancing...i hope its only 1 episode, seems next one is onsen , usual onsen ep is just before the serious part or in ova
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Mar 4, 2021 3:54 AM

Feb 2020
I'm glad they made up I guess the next episode will be more relaxing and funny.

SerafosNov 27, 2023 4:30 AM
Jan 16, 2022 1:08 AM
Jan 2021
Sally seems like the true villain of this episode. She makes a promise to her sister they will become doctors together and share in each other lives and then one day just walks out on Machi without a single word of explanation as to why? It's no wonder Machi has these abandonment issues and felt betrayed. And in the 4+ years since the walk-out happened Sally seemingly not once ever tried to reconcile and explain why she did what she did? But she was fine telling the whole story to the yosakoi club but not to the one person who needed to hear it. Instead Machi had to learn it from Tami. Seems like a cruel way to treat your little sister. It looks like she'll join the club now but it breaks my suspension of disbelief that all the wounds will be healed that quickly and all will just be swept under the rug and they're friends now. IMO Machi still has every right to be angry about how she was treated.

Anyway this show is getting increasingly difficult to watch. It's like it can't decide if it wants to be a cute comedy or a serious drama and tries to bounce back and forth between both. Episodes 7, 8, and 9 all have been heavy on the emotional drama and it's too much in such rapid succession. I want to see the happy dancing, not back to back episodes with crying and hardships. Seems I'm not the only one here who thinks this too.
Jan 20, 2022 10:24 AM

Aug 2018
Not sure, how it's in Japan.. But in my place teacher's profession isn't really something parents would usually be too happy about.. It's one of the most stressful professions with one of the lowest wages in my country.. Sure, there are some parents who will be glad of the idea, some exceptions here and there.. But Sari also would want something in her life she wants.. Not necessary it was about her wish of teaching, maybe it was something else, who knows..
Ok, it was about profession after all.. And how hard is teacher profession or not in Japan is side thing - as it's not the main factor.. Main thing is that their parents have their own clinic they'd want Sari to inherit..
Aug 18, 1:20 PM

Aug 2021
another amazing ep!
first of all, Machi's drama felt a little forced at the beginning, not gonna lie. every 2 sentences she spoke it was talking about how Sensei will abandon you. like we GET it girl she ditched you when you needed it most but its repetitive if thats all you talk about every 5 seconds. get therapy please
also, i was unsure whether Yaya or Tami would be best girl but this episode SOLIDIFIED Tami as best girl, her pouts are so cute and her efforts were adorable, plus shes just awesome as a person in general
Machi and Sensei's backstory was amazing and sooooo relatable, even though anime characters are asian you never really see the common asian stereotype also known as "parents pressure you to become a doctor" and it hit so hard when that was revealed, i totally emphasize with Sensei for that, but at the same time feel bad for Machi. the part where she ran for Sensei made me tear up lol
though i'm still disappointed they did nothing with Hana so far, like she's one of the main characters yet she.. really didn't do anything and she frankly still feels annoying. her collapsing served like no purpose?? like she just shows up all okay a scene later lmao; it felt like it took away from what was supposed to be Naru's moment. speaking of Naru, i'm excited for her development. she felt quite flat at the start but im glad we are seeing more to her. can't wait for the final 3 episodes, it better be great!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

156 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

77 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2014

64 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2014

61 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2014

81 by Baby_Penewine »»
Aug 18, 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.