Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 5:39 AM

Jan 2021
The comedy really killed me this episode, nice to see that Alya isn't just the hundred copy paste of a tsundere FMC. But above all Suou is masachika imouto, I got spoiled there will be wincest but it still delivered, saw someone say they have no dynamic but from this episode they clearly do, if the rest of the episode was just their date alone i would've still enjoyed it,
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 11, 5:43 AM
Mar 2019
The manipulator is actually manipulated, and this will continue till Alya knows the secrets. bwahaha
Jul 11, 5:54 AM
Aug 2023
É muito bom os gráficos estão maravilhosos e a adaptação ficou muito semelhante ao manga
Jul 11, 6:07 AM
Oct 2023
because i really love alya
Jul 11, 6:15 AM
Jun 2019
Alisa butchers the words so fking hard I genuinely don't understand what is she saying and use subtitles half the time, other half I understand and die of cringe. Sad they didn't hire a native speaker or at least a person who heard spoken Russian once. Мейдочки из Акибы смогли Женю нанять, а у Дога Кобо что, денег меньше что-ли?

The sister is omega based though, might give this a couple more episodes just for the banter between her and mc.
Jul 11, 6:18 AM

Sep 2016
smug Imouto supremacy
GangsterCatJul 11, 8:16 AM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 11, 6:29 AM
Sep 2018
What an episode! All the "moe" material comes in!
Jul 11, 6:56 AM
Jan 2024
SoL ep with a obvious twist but was fun and chilly
Jul 11, 7:01 AM
May 2020
casually hiding the fact that they're siblings lol
Jul 11, 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
it was reallly good
Jul 11, 7:20 AM
Oct 2023
this episode kinda good ig?
Jul 11, 7:35 AM
May 2024
Doga Kobo is really heating up this season with their 2 big hit shows on top
Jul 11, 7:47 AM
May 2020
I, as a russian, honestly glad that Alisa's VA trying to do russian phrases. She really tries, i commend that. But the accent, oh god... First of all, she talks TOO slow for a russian, second of all, she swallows half of the sounds. And it's okay, for japanese VA. I can't stand that "об-ра-ти-на-ме-ня-вни-ма-ни-е", it's slow, it's not russian, it's wannabe russian.
And the choise of those phrases. God damn it it makes me cringe so hard... I want to finish this anime but i think it's just going to be painful. Uesaka Sumire is great VA, i genuinely respect and love her, don't get me wrong, but i think that russian phrases is not something you can just do without experience.
Jul 11, 7:57 AM

Nov 2023
8/10, very good ep I guess, like Yuki and Alisa interaction and in all I like Yuki even more than Alisa. Yuki`s strange but funny, cute and cool girl.
Jul 11, 8:32 AM
Mar 2022
GREAT TWIST!!! NEVER SAW THAT COMING

Jul 11, 8:37 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Oyaxo
I, as a russian, honestly glad that Alisa's VA trying to do russian phrases. She really tries, i commend that. But the accent, oh god... First of all, she talks TOO slow for a russian, second of all, she swallows half of the sounds. And it's okay, for japanese VA. I can't stand that "об-ра-ти-на-ме-ня-вни-ма-ни-е", it's slow, it's not russian, it's wannabe russian.
And the choise of those phrases. God damn it it makes me cringe so hard... I want to finish this anime but i think it's just going to be painful. Uesaka Sumire is great VA, i genuinely respect and love her, don't get me wrong, but i think that russian phrases is not something you can just do without experience.
@Oyaxo She majors in Russian, though. The only eligible one for the role.
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖼𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗏𝗈𝗋.” – 𝖤𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗇𝗈𝗋 𝖱𝗈𝗈𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗅𝗍
Jul 11, 8:48 AM
Mar 2024
ela dando em cima dela cara dura foi otimo ele morrendo de vergonha ᥬ😅᭄
Jul 11, 9:04 AM
Oct 2019
good episode to watch, but I want to see them hitting on each other soon, I also want to know how his sister will be in this vote, whether he will make her sad or not
Jul 11, 10:07 AM
May 2022
mcs sis is actually good
Jul 11, 10:32 AM
Oct 2009
Imouto made the show, best character. I also can tell that she talks russian with an accent and a little bit off or strange but their translations are way off. They completely change the meaning it huts to watch.
It hurts -> She never said that, she complained that it burns meaning the food being too spicy to the point where it is umpleasant to eat.
I can't -> That's it, I don't want to any more.
Those are closer, but still edgy, i don't know how to express exactly what she is saying in those few lines. It's like idioms or jokes, you can't sometimes relay the meaning in few words. I mean words may have a lot of meanings, so context is required or many of them used in specific meaning or it's figuratively speaking.
I wanna to dissapear. -> At least i wanna fall through the ground (meaning she wanna dissapear), but that's an idiom and google gives go down the drain. (Actually i don't now the ideal prasing or idiom for that)
Glad they choose russian ^^, i would be able to enjoy it to the fullest if it was any other language.
InnskipJul 11, 10:59 AM
Jul 11, 10:32 AM
Apr 2023
it was good don't get me wrong but I feel like it's all going a bit too fast skipping a few scenes here and there either way I really enjoyed it
Jul 11, 11:56 AM

Mar 2022
oh yes this is one a hell of an episode bro

Jul 11, 12:06 PM
Mar 2015
Yuki is his sister and Alya is his childhood friend
Jul 11, 12:09 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to landofthekwt
Yuki is his sister and Alya is his childhood friend
@landofthekwt Really?
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖼𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗏𝗈𝗋.” – 𝖤𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗇𝗈𝗋 𝖱𝗈𝗈𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗅𝗍
Jul 11, 1:13 PM

Feb 2012
So Yuki was the dear sister he was messaging when he thought Alya gave him a foot fetish last episode.
A total menace at home; mounting herself on her brother to give him a nice view.
Alya momentarily gained Anya's 👀 eyes upon seeing Hell's Cauldron. IIRC the restaurant is a real ramen place in Ikebukuro called Kikanbo.
Yuki's spicy set up forces Alya to put on a brave face with her Russian, but Masachika knows she's writhing behind her false language barrier.
Alya puts on a wide range of costumes, separated by a curtain, he finds it easier to compliment and praise her but the embarrassment only sets in for both of them mere seconds later.
Fortress_MaximusJul 11, 5:12 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 11, 2:03 PM
Mar 2023
it was kind of sussy ¨
Jul 11, 2:06 PM
Oct 2022
I was surprised hearing that ED theme, I know that song from TikTok and it was used on many videos. Anyway, they modified it a bit, but it’s still ok😂

Alisa tried to be as cute as possible showing that she is interested in Masachika. What would be her opinion when she finds out that Masachika really knows Russian? Every Russian phrase spoken by her till now was not something unknown:)

Yuki Suou is the blood-related sister of Masachika and she is acting weird on his brother, it is not legal though =))

If Masachika joined student council, he would run it with Alisa. On the other hand, the animation and characters are both amazing, can’t wait to find out more!
Jul 11, 2:45 PM

Oct 2023
I will love the new romance anime
Jul 11, 2:48 PM
Dec 2022
Maybe it must be close to manga and LN more
Jul 11, 2:56 PM

Nov 2017
Absolutely awesome episode! Alya is still the best girl (I know, shocker lol) :D and that sister devil is just crazy ;p

ED is cover which is creative too :)
Jul 11, 3:03 PM
May 2021
I loved the ep,and especially all the craziness of Suo🤣's character.
She is my MVP.
But suprised I like Alya since I'm done wrong idea of her.Before starting I was thiking she will be another tsundere that have her simps gang.But,not I appreciate her.
And in fact the MC is good for one time.
I love the idea to have one ed per ep.
Really surprised by this serie.
If she has some intense scenes (emotionals,character developement)later,she could become a favorite for this year.
Jul 11, 3:07 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, so that explains why main dude and Yuki look so similar in terms of character design. And here I thought author was just being lazy when drawing her.

Also did Doga Kobo just "copy" Aoba's changing scene from New Game! for this episode? It kinda gave me that impression.

Overall, funnier than the first episode.
Jul 11, 3:07 PM
Sep 2015
Reply to Uniju
noooo they gave the white girl the spicy ramen 😭 someone bring her the smetana
@Uniju You mean this? :D
Jul 11, 3:08 PM

Oct 2018
very good episode with funny scene like the ramen moment, pretty fan service with our 2 cutes girls.
Jul 11, 4:51 PM
Apr 2022
PEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKK
Jul 11, 5:15 PM

Feb 2017
I love how the show plays with the fact that Alya doesn't know Kuze understands Russian, and I hope they make good use of it. Overall, it was an entertaining episode with some solid fan service, which I definitely appreciate.
The ending/cover of "Kawaiikute Gomen" in this episode caught me by surprise. It was really nice.

ㅤㅤ I love Nao Tomori ♡
ㅤㅤ友利奈緒のことが大好きです ♥

let's feel good
レッツ フィールグッドします
Jul 11, 5:18 PM

Jun 2019
That was great. It's a really good adaptation even if it's change some things.
Jul 11, 5:25 PM

Aug 2021
The episode was really good and this episode really surprised me in two ways. First the sibling relationship and the other was that was really surprising was the ending song/ed.
Jul 11, 7:31 PM
Feb 2024
the animation is good, so that's always nice. the story is ok, but what i really like so far is the characters. Seeing different sides of characters is always interesting. Although a little lewd at times, this show seems pretty good/
Jul 11, 8:11 PM

Jan 2016
Ohh this episode now convinced me, I absolutely didn't expect that side from Yuki xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Jul 11, 8:19 PM
Jul 2021
7/10 for this episode. The fashion shopping sequence was pretty fun and funny, delivering on its tsundere-comedy premise. The bro-con sister trope is pretty eye-rolling for me though.
Jul 11, 8:36 PM
Jul 2024
I said it on Crunchy when I still could, but I'll say it again: I Freaking Love This Show! Yuki just really sold me. This is the best High School Rom Com/SOL I've seen since KS: Love Is War. ( I can think of no higher praise.)
Jul 11, 8:47 PM
Jul 2023
I thought it would be the usual generic romantic comedy but each episode pleasantly surprises, especially due to the attention to detail in the animation and the masterful performance of Sumire Uesaka.
Jul 11, 8:58 PM
Oct 2019
What a Plot Twist!!
Yuki is his actual sister and she is brocon? WTF

Appreciate the beautiful fashion scene 🙏
Thank You Doga Kobo.

Ain't no way I'm going to a ramen place called Hell LMAO

Holy shit that ending song, i was like i heard this song before, i swear. lol
Kawaikute Gomen Cover by Sumire Uesaka herself.
Jul 11, 9:06 PM

Jul 2021
they really put their budget on the fanservice LOL girl is down bad no surprise
Jul 11, 9:19 PM
Jul 2019
I did not expected the ending song💀
Jul 11, 11:00 PM
Sep 2015
MAL: care to add the ecchi tag? I would do it myself if I could. Or how do you define a show where the genitals of a young woman are practically shown up close. Aside from that stupid scene, so far show do have some funny moments. But still it is overrated.
Jul 12, 12:41 AM

Feb 2014
For a RomCom anime, this really nailed the comedy part.

Alya is cute but we can't count out the imouto. She such a troll and I love her.

I also wasn't expecting a cover of kawaii Goumen as the ED song for this episode.
Jul 12, 12:55 AM

Jun 2014
thats good, time goes so fast watching it, surprised by animation style
Jul 12, 2:10 AM

Sep 2013
I enjoyed the twist, but the MAL character profiles show their birthdays are only a month apart. Masachika being a first year and Yuki being his younger sister doesn't quite make sense to me. Either they'd have to be twins or about a year apart, but I assume they're both in high school (I don't remember mention of the same building having middle schoolers), and so probably the same grade since he's a first year and she's younger. I also wonder why the family names are different and why they don't live together if they go to the same school. Even if Masachika got his own place to be closer to school for the commute it would make sense for his sister to live with him too. Maybe they're half-siblings with the same father so that both moms got pregnant close together. That or cousins acting like siblings. Either of those would explain the blood relation mentioned while having the weirdly small age gap.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xanek - Sep 18

441 by Alex796 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Sep 11

250 by kitoha »»
Yesterday, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 16

507 by XL_Yaboi »»
Yesterday, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 4

226 by kitoha »»
Oct 14, 7:23 PM

» Is there justice for homegirl in next season?

kingsley_017 - Oct 5

7 by Firedogslite »»
Oct 14, 2:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.