Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 13, 2016 12:15 AM

Jul 2013
It looks prety but thats about it. Bland, very bland. And the deaths had me cracking. I know virtually nothing about either the characters not the world. The dragon looked cool, but the hand-drawn characters blend pretty badly with the cgi.
Oh well, I hope it improves.
Jul 14, 2016 2:46 PM

Mar 2016
Lol i kinda watched the 44 min episode which aired in 2014 by mistake so i was able to grasp bits of what was happening here in terms of story. Animation and OST were great
Jul 15, 2016 1:07 AM

Jan 2011
watched this 2 times in a row...

first time nearly slept through the first half, the second part was interesting and had to rewatch the whole episode to catch the story, the names etc

after seeing the OP at the end, i guess the princess is not the main hero
Jul 15, 2016 4:51 PM
Oct 2014
Way better than watching than the game.
Jul 15, 2016 6:28 PM

Aug 2014
This started off pretty decent then it lost me the moment characters started popping left and right, causing havoc on some super saiyan shit...Not even going to bother trying to make sense to what the fuck just happened there.

And what was the point in killing that little girl?

Hoping things get explained in the main series because so far I'm not impressed.
Jul 19, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2013
Ufotable.. you are me love. <3
There's no need to say about the animation just wow.
They are being too cruel. The onee-sans were bad enough but the little girl too ??
The fights were just great.
Jul 20, 2016 9:13 PM

Jun 2012
Damn when that loli was sucked up into the flames :'(
Jul 22, 2016 5:00 PM

Jun 2011
I am so pleased with this episode. The animation was flawless, and the intrigue was outstanding. I'm definitely watching the rest of this series when it airs.
Jul 29, 2016 8:19 AM

Jan 2016
Woow the animation is incredible!! little disappointed with some of the voices for some characters.. Spectacular work from ufotable, never seen one of there work but this one is just incredible. quite the dramatic episode, still, didnt quite follow on the story , lost me little here n there, but will see what happens, other hand i love the music n the animation! n rather excited what this anime have to offer!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 3, 2016 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
really good prolog for opening of an anime, the OST tho...awesome!!
Aug 11, 2016 1:44 AM

Apr 2016
It looks really promising!
Aug 15, 2016 11:46 AM

Nov 2015

Watching Ufotable = Visual Orgasm.
Ufotable's 3DCGI is just pure magic, it's pleasant to the eye and looks amazing. I don't know what they do, but keep doing it.
The amount and quality of all those panoramic shots was superb, really cinematic really beautiful. The 3D drawings are sharp and their movement is so smooth...

Dramatic scenes, dramatic music, fantastic FXs, stunning backgrounds and drawings, top quality audio, nice VA... just, Ufotable.
Amazing prologue, looking forward to see what this story has to offer!

PD: So that girl (I forgot her name already) is a princess! Oh, I can't never get enough of all this good looking princesses.

Kryptiq said:

And what was the point in killing that little girl?

Add drama!! They need to make you feel!
They made you attack to the people, those soldiers, the little girl, and they they take all that away from you just so you can feel just a little bit of what the MC of this prologue is feeling.

People die.
HumbertoZeroAug 15, 2016 11:49 AM
Aug 19, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2015
I think it was good enough to be considered as a prologue. I can't say I'm in love with the anime or quite know what is going on as an anime only watcher, but it definetly piqued my interest.
...At least let me finish.

Aug 28, 2016 6:13 AM

Apr 2015
Second part of the episode had me like wow. Art is top quality. Princess was pretty good cute and has amazing fighting skills.

Looking forward to episode 1.
Sep 16, 2016 8:56 AM

Sep 2015
Nice shout good one.
Oct 1, 2016 8:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The other special, was great, but this, too. It´s the authentyc beging!!!!...7/10.
Oct 6, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2014
did they all just died?

the animation is impressive though. It give me UBW vibes.
Oct 20, 2016 5:27 AM

Mar 2015
I really liked the animation in this one, as expected of ufotable, had it's fate/ vibes in terms of the art.

it escalated really quickly huh? from talking about a book Clem likes to a dragon destroying everything!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 26, 2016 6:09 AM

Jul 2013
I avoid watching animes from videogames except if it's ufotable. And this episode is a good example why. The visuals is just stunning. I sure am gonna enjoy this.
Jan 27, 2017 1:06 PM

Sep 2015
Animation is good and this was a nice introduction to get people interested. We don't have the world laid out for us yet and somethings were rather confusing for AO. I would give it a 7 out of 10 for an intro.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 12, 2017 10:35 AM

May 2012
Well you can call me impressed! Pretty amazing prologue episode I must say, with fantastic animation, setting and pacing! Really looking forward to see what the series will have to offer!
Mar 3, 2017 10:24 PM
Mar 2012
00 more interesting & better pacing than 01. The fights, cg dragon, cg tornado all very cool. Shows Alisha has skills tho a princess. Their cg is good, tho still find 3d terrain strange, doesnt match 2d characters.
But why is invisible goth magicalgirl fighting visible kitsune guy? Door to chaos?
Excalibur is right there, where's Saber?
Rip all her nakamas, but astronomer still alive or eaten by something.
Is this a fantasy story about climate change?
Apr 30, 2017 4:32 PM

Jun 2011
As a complete newbie to this franchise, I didn't understand shit, all I saw was CGI effects and flaming dragon. Looking at the date of airing, this came out before the TV series did, so it's supposed to be the "hook" episode, which didn't do it for me. However, reading the user review for this prequel, it seems like this is best watched after the TV series as certain someone's backstory, because as a pilot episode, this failed miserably. It didn't bring intrigue, it focused too much on the action which should've been left for the main series which is planned for 2 cours, basically it was a total bore.

I hope the lady doesn't become the protagonist of the TV series.. looking at the ED it seems like I'll have my wish granted. Frankly, that lady protagonist was boring, bland.. adding to the fact that 70% of the time, anime doesn't do female protagonist justice, it will just be setting up for failure.

Here's hoping that the TV series is much better than this 1-ep special.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 19, 2017 3:09 PM

Dec 2015
Well that was pretty bad. A ton of CGI and the cliché Ancient Dragon that will end everything blah blah. I was planning to watch the TV anime next, but this killed my mood.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 14, 2019 3:30 PM

Aug 2017
Weird mist. I felt lost until the last minutes. Still, I don't know what is going on with that two characters fighting.

I like the animation.

7/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 10, 2020 1:13 AM

Nov 2015
ok.. blame dragons if there is bad weather i guess! the atmos problems looked good. i'm not familiar with the things they are saying though :/ but the story was pretty okay 4/5.

💢

Jan 19, 2021 3:01 PM
Apr 2018
they just killed off all characters in the same ep in which they were introduced...
thats a good indication of god awful writing.
The visuals look good but the piss poor writing makes me wanna drop it
Jan 15, 2022 2:12 PM

May 2017
Velvet in opening for a couple of sec , what does she do...well what velvet always do : Destroying the world ! XD
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Apr 9, 2022 7:16 AM

Feb 2020
This was a very good and interesting prologue. I really liked the animation.

R.I.P Crem, Bolta, and Gannet. :(

Let's see how good the main series is.

SerafosMay 9, 9:59 PM
Sep 3, 2022 5:02 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
Great animation. I only played the game and watched Dawn of the Shepherd before this, but it was interesting seeing Alisha's origin story here instead of just viewing the world from Sorey and Mikleo's POV.
Beep boop
Nov 21, 2023 5:07 PM
Mar 2019
The Prologue, which i never watched before the series.
Jul 10, 1:38 AM

Jul 2012
B4 watching the mainstory, I watching this first n got amazed by it is graphic..
Sasuga.. Game related animu..
Minimum 8/10 is guaranteed..
N nice voice actor (hime), it soft, girl voice, yet has a strong impact / power (like men) N moreover it seems she will be the main character..
It is a good point, cz I am getting bored with male main character on this kind of anime..

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.