Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 11, 2020 5:50 PM

Feb 2020
hooo boi, I have so much to say about this anime, I probably can't write it all down in this one post.

the op and the ed is fire, I gotta add that to my playlist

the animation and the art is very nice. The girls are so cute, and they have the perfect thiccness

Kaede has such a hot outfit, I love her.

I've never wanted yuri more in my life until now.

I feel like this anime could've been a game, idk.

I can already tell I'm going to like this anime.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Oct 13, 2020 4:53 AM

Jul 2009
I always like the combinations of pink x blue (or black), so I am enjoying it.
Oct 16, 2020 11:07 PM

Feb 2015
Well, I heard a lot about ecchi coming from this anime, and for being the first episode, it was just ok. Animation is very good and fluid, but I’m not completely convinced by the theme of a girl’s school fighting against monster, I need to be clear that this topic is very common, but I usually avoid it, this time it just seemed interesting and with great animation, I want to know where the story is going to take us. Too much convenient stuff happened in the first episode.
Oct 22, 2020 7:39 AM
Nov 2019
Seems quite similar to madoka magica so far in terms of the characters
Oct 24, 2020 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
That was pretty interesting, ngl. From the trailer, it looked like a cheap produced garbage but the action direction and action animation was solid. Definitely have high hopes about this. 4/5
Nov 4, 2020 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
It feels like I've seen this at least 10 billion times now. Fight was cool tho. And the OP is good.
Nov 10, 2020 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
Oh good gracious the voices are all so high pitched and trying so hard to be cutesy. The whole introduction with the super high-pitched happy "I'm off to fight in a war like I'm going to idol school" thing felt sooooo forced. And then they jump into trying to introduce to many girls and get fanservice out of them that the actual plot bounces around and is impossible to take seriously.

The animation and fights are GREAT though. Shame it's clearly gonna get bogged down trying to sell waifus at every turn.
Nov 14, 2020 3:39 AM
Jul 2009
This is violent, adorable, and gay! What more could I ask for?
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Dec 14, 2020 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
I was able to enjoy every single second as expected!!
Superb animation, story feels good, nice extra content and interesting characters.
I got interested in that one long haired girl that looks like a mix of Vanilla and Chocola from the Nekopara series.
Hype!!
Dec 31, 2020 2:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The soundtrack can be friggen awesome, but then it gets goofy asf. Shaft is pumping out some SOLID animation with this one, the few seconds of action we got were just on point. Characters are nothing special at all but really I’m just here because I saw an Instagram reel highlighting this anime’s stellar battles. Not gonna binge watch though, doesn’t give me the drive to continue watching episode after episode

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jan 2, 2021 11:07 AM

May 2015
That was quite the nice episode 1. The action was really quick and fast pace which I like. Im glad they move around really quick.

Also I like the voice actors for the girls. Ive never heard any of them which is refreshing.

They were really on point with the yuri XD. "Lily" "Yuri-something academy" girls hugging. Im glad this show is so self aware to why we're watching it XD. This'll be a good show for yuri lovers. None of that bait shit, we're gonna get tons of girls snuggling lol. I loved how that rich girl was just like "Ive found the girl of my destiny!" and hugged her.

Also Ive just got to say, holy shit those title cards for the break were SO GOOD!!!! They looked so pretty.

I am a little bit worried as this series seems to be one of thoses ones that you have to remember a million different side characters. Not a fan of series like that. A small select few are much better. But generally with these types of series I dont give af about anyone other than the main couple anyway so whatever. I do really like that rich girl though, she looks really fluffy with her hair lol.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 9, 2021 12:07 AM

Aug 2018
I saw a huge resemblance of this to Toji no Miko but with better action scenes. I love Toji no Miko so most likely im gonna love this anime too.

Characters so far are likeable especially the MC, Riri. Story seems interesting about the Lily's and Yuyu's past.

Great OP and ED
They are good af
Looking for more from this anime!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 19, 2021 3:19 PM

Jul 2015
As a horny weeb I have to say, give the character designers and the animation team a raise for creating those Thicc Lily girls. As someone who is not really into magical girls type of series, I have to say this looks interesting so far.

Jun 24, 2021 11:14 AM

Feb 2020
Very nice start. Cute magical girls, yuri vibes, great animation, nice OST with RAISE A SUILEN.

Kaede x Riri <3

SerafosMar 26, 11:11 PM
Aug 11, 2022 7:38 AM

Feb 2020
Re-watching this show.

Very cute and action-packed first episode. I love these yuri vibes. <3

Nice OP by RAISE A SUILEN. I also like the ED. I didn't remember those anymore.

Lol. I also didn't remember that Nokia 3310.

Some random screenshots.

Kaboom! Nice scene.

SerafosMar 28, 4:05 AM
Aug 29, 2022 9:49 PM

Feb 2014
Started watching bc of the recent Symphogear collab :D I'm always down for a battle girls show lol

Pretty decent start! Not quite sure what to think of the atmosphere of the show, ngl the silliness kinda makes it feel awkward imo. But I thought the battles were really cool and the CGI was done really well! I liked the intense music and the ED too. I wonder why they have to quarantine after battling
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2023 10:13 PM
Jun 2020
Damn, all kinds of personalities, none of them any good. And then there is riri who couldn't be more opposite the stoic, unfriendly, and conceited Yuyu; the equally conceited, spoiled, and selfish kaede; and the... well whatever Araya is.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2020

92 by Kira9204 »»
Jun 2, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

73 by Nanashi »»
Feb 5, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

46 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

53 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

53 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.