Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 4, 2018 1:17 PM

Jun 2011
The callback to episode 1 or 2 at the very end is a very good albeit cliche way to end a series making use of our sense of nostalgia, showing growth of the main character.

but let's be real here, Tatara and Chinatsu's pair win is a total BS, they had lots of blunders and still won, it's not even a matter of having skills with innovation anymore, it's just innovation, aka who's the flashiest out there, screw basics. There were so many pause moments between Tatara and Chinatsu and they still won.. smh just because they learned something basic like chemistry between the 2 doesn't make them better than someone who's been together for the past 3 years at least. -.-;

Series also kept beating the dead horse about the lack of chemistry between Chinatsu and Tatara, something that they should've worked on before the tournament, not during the tournament just to make the competition more dramatic than it needed to be. Stuffs like Tatara getting better, getting a better hold of what the illusion means to his growth, Chinatsu learning to cooperate with Tatara and all that are fine, but the little banter between them to show disconnection have been repeated to death just for the little comedy moments, I wanted to say "yeah yeah we get it already, move on to the next thing please"..

And watching a sports about ballroom dancing, I do expect some intensity but moreso I expected some elegance, not just fierce looking art and animation all the time, which this series failed to deliver.

I ship Tatara and Chinatsu, pretty sure most people do as well. It's a trope that I really like, a tough girl falling in love. Chinatsu was also pretty dang kinky when she said she prefers to be dominated by guys *insert lenny emoji* The kiss was nice but from what I've heard from the manga readers, there was supposed to be a confession scene here somewhere, it's pretty disappointing that they didn't include it here.

The series could've been much better.. I assume this is the anime's fault, because I've read that even manga readers are not fond of this adaptation. Will definitely be getting into the manga in the future when it's back serializing.. as for the anime, it's very disappointing.

this show also have really random sexual moments like the old man wanting to feel up Hyodo's mom in front of him, Tatara feeling excited when he knew Mako was bra-less, etc. I have been watching and reading animanga and out of the last 30 animanga I've watched/read I'd say around 25 have some weird sex joke or sexual moment like this, it sucks truth be told. I am afraid of this new wave of sexualization of characters in animanga.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 24, 2019 11:39 PM
Sep 2018
WAAH!

The dancing in the rain, looking like they are going in for a kiss, is only in the credits?!?!

*sniff* I was so looking forward to seeing that sequence in full...

Ahem.

That said, many of my speculations were wrong.
That's just fine. I've been wrong before, and will be wrong again.
I was correct about one major thing...
This. was. incredible.

Both the story, and the animation.

I don't really know much about Ballroom Dance, but what was presented here was amazing to watch.

There was a lot of mysticism, but, with music, I've experienced loosing myself while participating, so that's cool.

The characters, the interactions between them. In my mind, very complex.

MyAnimeList only lists four main characters, with many supporting characters. I beg to differ. There were far more than just four main characters. So many had comprehensive backstories presented to explain how they got to where they were, their motivation, their character, I don't accept saying those were "just" supporting characters. I guess I place the line between "main" and "strong supporting" somewhat differently. There's probably also the concept that you can't have more than x main, or that they have to be in at least x% of the episodes, have at least x airtime.

Now I need to get the manga, to see how it differs. And if it goes past where this ends; part of me hopes it does, part of me considers this the perfect stopping place.
Feb 18, 2019 4:18 PM
Oct 2018
Honestly, second time watching it and I'm mad in love with this anime. It was a roller coaster of events and emotions both at once, choreography, animation was perfect and the story build up for that ending was just... speechless. The kiss from Chinatsu was perfect for the moment. I honestly wish that the anime would have a season 2 soon, this was definitely in one my top 3 when it comes to story build up and sense of completion and joy after watching it.

Unfortunately, due to the Author's health still not being in good shape, all I can do is pray to Kami-sama that the novel will continue and hopefully it can be adapted into a season 2 of this absolutely stunning, warming and joyous anime. 1000/10 from me
Jul 10, 2019 4:44 PM
Jul 2014
YAYYYY!!! Congrats to Chi and Tatara!! I had my doubts but they actually did it!!! And the kiss >3< perfect!! It was nice to see the handshake at the end between Tatara and Kugimiya.

The ending scenes as the song was playing were cute uwu

I don't exactly get the very ending when Sengoku went back to the studio because of the 'promise' he made, but I'm glad Sengoku could witness with his own eyes how far Tatara has come.

There better be a season 2 >:[
Jul 18, 2019 8:38 AM

Mar 2014
This anime loves to lump my throat... I love it.

Beautiful and unique anime full of emotions with the only flaw that sometimes they love to "speak" alot instead of dancing (like episodes 20 to 22).
Oct 16, 2019 8:18 AM

Mar 2015
Overall a very fun series!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 22, 2019 9:40 PM

Sep 2018
The first cour is good, exaggerated bending and neck makes me distracted but I enjoy it regardless, on 2nd cour.. I didn't enjoy it that much, the dance keeps repeating, except on this last episode, they show some dance moves (or whatever you call that).

The best partner for Tatara (Shizuku, Mako, Chinatsu) I prefer Mako for him.. at first I know Mako is not his official partner so I expect a lot to Chinatsu but I get annoyed when they keep on arguing and she won't follow Tatara's lead.. while Mako and him is cute.. I ship Shizuku with Hyodo so she's out in the choices.. there's tag romance, but the only couple I like is only Shizuku and Hyodo.. but they didn't get much exposure in 2nd cour :(

I'm contented with this season so it's fine if no sequel (but if Hyodo have big exposure in next season, I will watch it for sure)
Sep 2, 2020 8:13 AM
Jun 2020
I didn't know that Competitive Dancing was a sport until I watched this anime. At first i thought Ballroom was pretty boring and kinda gay but after watching this it made ne realise that the concept of Ballroom is pretty cool.

The ending was perfect he really deserves the kiss at the end ^~^.
Sep 28, 2020 11:55 AM

Jan 2014
AHHHH ITS OVER T.T I WATCHED IT TOO QUICKLY I WISH I PACED MYSELF T.T

i loved this so much more than i could possibly imagine... it's one of those rare anime that just happened to speak to me on a deeper level. i can forgive its flaws (mainly oversexualization) for that, bc i love everything else SO DAMN MUCH.

i will be praying for a season 2... it's a 10/10 for me!
laputiaSep 29, 2020 11:11 AM
Apr 9, 2021 12:31 AM
Apr 2021
This anime had everything but a second season
Jul 23, 2021 7:24 AM
Dec 2020
loved the anime! definitely looking forwrad to the manga and hopefully a season two. this show had a very interesting dynamic between the characters' personalities. also, Takeuchi-sensei, get well soon!!
Oct 7, 2021 2:40 PM

Apr 2017
THEY WOOOON I AM SO HAPPY FOR THEM AND THAT CHEEK KISS WAS ADORABLE AAAA

I really loved that anime, I got a lot of goosebumps during the dances and the animation was great. The last episodes were pretty slow tho but it was still a nice anime to follow!

Dec 19, 2021 4:54 AM

Mar 2021
this anime is so damn good, I enjoy it until the end.
🐐

Jul 1, 2022 9:30 AM
Dec 2021
I fantastic anime. I really liked hyoudou. He very hot.
Aug 22, 2022 8:12 AM

Jun 2019
Enjoyed the every last second, I haven't felt this way in a long time... loved the adaption 10/10 gave me a hope to try one more time.

lettuce<3
Jan 24, 2023 1:19 PM

Jul 2022
Can't believe how entertaining this was, i thought i would drop this after the first ep. Really good, would have liked more romance tho, still 9/10
Feb 6, 2023 12:32 AM
Feb 2023
very good and deep
May 2, 2023 6:07 AM
Jun 2020
This is such a good show. 8/10 overalll because I can't rate 8.5. Would have been a 9 if the dances were animated slightly better and that the strange pacing mid season wasn't so strange. Love the emotions flowing throughout the show. Really hope there will be a season two. 
Jul 13, 2023 6:38 PM

Apr 2015
I don't know if this is Production I.G style or Japanese writing in general but it was a bit uninspiring and predictable
it had some moment but I think this kind of descriptive story-telling of what the characters are doing/thinking and that's what the viewer should understand
was very tiring, I wished it focused more on the actual dancing rather than its philosophy 

Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru followed the exact same recipe but it was more enjoyable -maybe because it was a more relatable sport/theme?-
Assassin2112Jul 13, 2023 6:44 PM
Oct 7, 2023 11:15 AM
Nov 2021
this was a really good show. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm just a little sad he never told his dad about it...
Nov 11, 2023 1:51 AM
Aug 2023
dance dance dance
Dec 2, 2023 5:03 PM
Feb 2019
Amazing anime that i would recommend to anyone.
Jun 11, 7:53 AM
Aug 2017
The anime was nicely crafted animation direct and fit the theme exactly
Jun 28, 2:03 AM
Mar 2016
Very compelling, entering into this world with the protagonist and all the characters are pretty interesting, I enjoyed watching it very much !
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

52 by Uneducated_Weeb »»
Jul 31, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

126 by vanne_ »»
May 20, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.