Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2010 5:56 AM

Nov 2009
HunterXDante said:
TH3GADFLY said:
Yes, we should totally have a tournament!!!
I'm probally gonna get owned by all you guys, but I need to get as many Flamvell cards as possible.
ESPECIALLY REKINDLING

Speaking of which I seen a really awesome Flamvell deck here's the spec's.

Flamvell Firedog X3
Flamvell Magician X3
Summoner Monk
Gravekeepers Spy X3
Gravekeepers Desendant X1
Caius the Shadow Monarch X3
Dark Armed Dragon
Gorz the Emessary of Darkness
Battle Fader
Sangan
Cyber Dragon
Blackwing Gale the Whirlwind
Morphing Jar

Smashing Ground
MST
Heavy Storm
Book of Moon X3
Brain Control
Mind Control
Pot of Avarice
Rekindling X2

Dust Tornado
Bottomless Trap Hole X2
Trap Dustshoot
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Call of the Haunted
Solemn Judgment

Oh, that's just a monarch deck with some flamvell support. I'm waiting for Hidden Arsenal 2 to make a REAL Flamvell deck
Mar 9, 2010 6:50 AM

Oct 2009
HunterXDante said:
TH3GADFLY said:
I'm probally gonna get owned by all you guys, but I need to get as many Flamvell cards as possible.
ESPECIALLY REKINDLING

Flamvell Firedog X3
Flamvell Magician X3
Summoner Monk
Gravekeepers Spy X3
Dark Armed Dragon
Battle Fader
Sangan
Cyber Dragon
Morphing Jar

Smashing Ground
MST
Heavy Storm
Book of Moon X3
Brain Control
Mind Control
Pot of Avarice
Rekindling X2

Dust Tornado
Bottomless Trap Hole X2
Trap Dustshoot
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Call of the Haunted
Solemn Judgment

That looks like a really awesome deck
Mar 9, 2010 11:22 AM

Jan 2009
Dark_Enigma said:
HunterXDante said:
TH3GADFLY said:
ESPECIALLY REKINDLING

Ya I made a c lone of it (using my awesome paper reminders for what I didn't have) and it run's extremely fast, it's even able to take out my zombie's. Also speaking of my zombies I finally got 2 Goblin Zombies (T.T tears of happieness) all I need now is Alex's Emergancy Teleport, Tyler's Brionac and I think I'll win this upcomming Tournement.
Mar 9, 2010 4:45 PM

Nov 2009
Dark_Enigma said:
HunterXDante said:
TH3GADFLY said:
ESPECIALLY REKINDLING

Flamvell Firedog X3
Flamvell Magician X3
Summoner Monk
Gravekeepers Spy X3
Dark Armed Dragon
Battle Fader
Sangan
Cyber Dragon
Morphing Jar

Smashing Ground
MST
Heavy Storm
Book of Moon X3
Brain Control
Mind Control
Pot of Avarice
Rekindling X2

Dust Tornado
Bottomless Trap Hole X2
Trap Dustshoot
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Call of the Haunted
Solemn Judgment

There's no doubt that it's a formidable deck, but there's only like 8 cards that have to do with Flamvell's. It's a hybrid of Shinigami strike at best, but given the limited cards for flamvells, it impossible to make a true flamvell deck until Hidden Arsenal 2.
Mar 10, 2010 4:38 AM

Nov 2009
This is probally a dumb question, but does anyone have a Torrential Tribute or any other staple cards you have, like, five of and are wiling to trade one away.
Mar 10, 2010 1:23 PM

Nov 2009
I've never actually seen any of you guys use United We Stand. How hard is that card to find?
Mar 10, 2010 5:53 PM

Jan 2009
TH3GADFLY said:
There's no doubt that it's a formidable deck, but there's only like 8 cards that have to do with Flamvell's. It's a hybrid of Shinigami strike at best, but given the limited cards for flamvells, it impossible to make a true flamvell deck until Hidden Arsenal 2.

No I belive at best it's one of the best flamvell decks you'll find. If the deck is inspired by Flamvells why not call it a flamvell deck? Also In the meta decks that only hold cards specific to thst deck archtype don't typicaly win, unfortunatly.
Mar 10, 2010 6:26 PM

Nov 2009
HunterXDante said:
TH3GADFLY said:

No I belive at best it's one of the best flamvell decks you'll find. If the deck is inspired by Flamvells why not call it a flamvell deck? Also In the meta decks that only hold cards specific to thst deck archtype don't typicaly win, unfortunatly.

It may be the best current Flamvell TCG deck out there, but as I said; once Hidden Arsenal 2 comes out with Gurnika, Poun and Archer, it will be a formidable decktype on it's own. I tried it in Tag Force 4 and it worked well, even while I wasn't using many limited cards. Although I will admit the archetype is a bit lacking in beatsticks, with only Gurnika and Firedog being able to hold there own.
TH3GADFLYMar 10, 2010 6:51 PM
Mar 10, 2010 7:44 PM

Jan 2009
TH3GADFLY said:

It may be the best current Flamvell TCG deck out there, but as I said; once Hidden Arsenal 2 comes out with Gurnika, Poun and Archer, it will be a formidable decktype on it's own. I tried it in Tag Force 4 and it worked well, even while I wasn't using many limited cards. Although I will admit the archetype is a bit lacking in beatsticks, with only Gurnika and Firedog being able to hold there own.

Well I do like Poun however i'm not a big fan of Archer. Gurnika is ok but id prefer it if instead they came out with Neo Flamvell Shaman along with Ancient Flamvell Deity that would make Flamvell be able to hold there own, with a little help.
Mar 10, 2010 8:03 PM

Nov 2009
HunterXDante said:
TH3GADFLY said:

Well I do like Poun however i'm not a big fan of Archer. Gurnika is ok but id prefer it if instead they came out with Neo Flamvell Shaman along with Ancient Flamvell Deity that would make Flamvell be able to hold there own, with a little help.

It's gonna be, like, two years since they come out, but it will be awesome when I do. The reason I like Archer is that it's easier to Black Rose Dragon the feild, then use rekindling to fill up the feild for a OTK. I used to really like his effect, until I realized that it only boosts one Flamvells atk instead of every Flamvell on the field which it does in the Tag Force 4 for some reason.
TH3GADFLYMar 10, 2010 8:09 PM
Mar 10, 2010 9:31 PM

Jan 2009
TH3GADFLY said:

It's gonna be, like, two years since they come out, but it will be awesome when I do. The reason I like Archer is that it's easier to Black Rose Dragon the feild, then use rekindling to fill up the feild for a OTK. I used to really like his effect, until I realized that it only boosts one Flamvells atk instead of every Flamvell on the field which it does in the Tag Force 4 for some reason.

It's alway sad when you find card's you want but aren't out. The reason I like Neo Flamvell Shaman is because you can back rose combo and if you can't do it yet you still have a good monster + Monster removal from the grave is really good with Stardusts running around.
Mar 11, 2010 12:17 PM

Jan 2009
PAGE 9, wow yugioh seems to be a popular subject ....amongst me adam and james lol anyways still thinking about the march break tourny any taboo days to plan it for?
Mar 11, 2010 1:25 PM

Nov 2009
Where's the tournament gonna be held?
TH3GADFLYMar 11, 2010 7:00 PM
Mar 13, 2010 12:40 PM

Nov 2009
I'm be at my aunt's tuesday and wensday night, so if we can avoid those days
Mar 13, 2010 6:33 PM

Oct 2009
TH3GADFLY said:
Where's the tournament gonna be held?

This is Hunter by the way (to lazy to log out and back in) but probably at my house
Mar 13, 2010 7:10 PM

Oct 2009
lol wow hunter

PS- I can post again! =D
Mar 15, 2010 9:40 AM

Nov 2009
When will the tournament be held?
Mar 16, 2010 12:33 PM

Oct 2009
Saturday was what i suggested to Hunter, so I dont know :S
Mar 16, 2010 12:33 PM

Jan 2009
TH3GADFLY said:
When will the tournament be held?
Either Thurday, Friday or Saturday Whenever the least amount of people are working (my preference is Saturday so that way we can all go to the tourney on Sunday)
Mar 16, 2010 6:36 PM

Jan 2009
So were going to have the tournament on Friday at as soon as every gets there preferably around noon.
Mar 16, 2010 6:47 PM

Oct 2009
Dark_Enigma said:
Friday at noon? alright I'll see what I can do

Well atm I have no means of getting there T_T
Mar 17, 2010 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
And by Friday at noon I obviously meant Satuday at 3 at my house (53 Hampton)
Mar 17, 2010 6:28 PM

Oct 2009
of course why would we think any different, and I am 99.99% positive i can make it.

PS- Orge of the Scarlet Sorrow !!!! =D i got one today, i was extremely tempted to purchase the drill warrior.. =( I SHOULD HAVE arg lol but yes I look forward to saturday!
Mar 18, 2010 5:07 PM

Nov 2009
Awesome, Saturday at 3, don't worry about food cause I may be bringing homemade pizza.XD
Mar 19, 2010 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
TH3GADFLY said:
Awesome, Saturday at 3, don't worry about food cause I may be bringing homemade pizza.XD

Sounds awesome but I'm going to be keeping 5 bucks aside just in case we do something like last time, There's going to be at least like 7 people so it's not bad as a back up plan.
Mar 21, 2010 2:16 PM

Nov 2009
All right, now that the tournaments done with, I liked to show you guys the Flamvell deck I wanna make after Hidden Arsenal 2 comes out (I know some of these cards are extremely hard to get, but a man can dream can't he):

Monsters:
Flamvell Archer X3
Flamvell Firedog X3
Flamvell Gurnika X3
Flamvell Magician X3
Flamvell Paun X3
UFO Turtle X3
Goka the Pyre of Malice
Ultimate Baseball Kid

Spells:
Rekindling X3
United We Stand X2
Hammer Shot
Heavy Storm
Mystical Space Typhoon
Messenger of Peace
Scapegoat
Smashing Ground
Swords of Revealing Light
Lightning Vortex
Giant Trunade

Traps:
Bottomless Trap Hole X2
Call of the haunted
Dark Bride
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute

Side Deck:
Black Rose Dragon
Stardust Dragon
Red Dragon Archfiend
Collosal Fighter
Ally of Justice Light Gazer
Mist Worm
Exploder Dragonwing
Armory Arm

It does need work, so if anyone has any suggestions on how I should change it (BESIDES going with Hunter's Flamvell deck instead), I'd like to hear it.
TH3GADFLYApr 2, 2010 2:30 PM
Mar 22, 2010 12:09 PM

Oct 2009
this is just my opinion on the deck,

Possibly find room for a second Dark Bribe, Mirror force will be hard to get, so possibly instead run a couple Sakuretsu or Dimensional Prison. Light Gazer is pointless to have in an extra deck like this. Running a Giant Trunade on top of Heavy Storm and MST imo is gonna lead to too many dead draws. if someone stops your otk you may want to run a burial from the Different Dimension so you aren't out of monsters in your grave.

Hopefully this helps in your deck making
Mar 22, 2010 1:46 PM

Nov 2009
Burials gonna be hard to get, but If I do, that may give me a reason to run a Flamevell Counter.

However, I don't see how having GT with HS and MST is gonna be a problem, at least not a different problem than I would have with any other trap.
Mar 22, 2010 3:38 PM

Oct 2009
I just personally have never run all 3 in a deck, I would rather run a second dark bribe personally, but what you put in your deck is all up to what you feel is better in your deck.

Also while reading up on some questionable rulings, i realize players cannot activate the effects of cards like Honest and Kalut while Macro Cosmos or Dimensional Fissure are on the field
TibbersMar 22, 2010 3:43 PM
Mar 22, 2010 4:28 PM

Nov 2009
Dark_Enigma said:
I just personally have never run all 3 in a deck, I would rather run a second dark bribe personally, but what you put in your deck is all up to what you feel is better in your deck.

Also while reading up on some questionable rulings, i realize players cannot activate the effects of cards like Honest and Kalut while Macro Cosmos or Dimensional Fissure are on the field

First of, like I'm ever gonna get two Dark Bribes. Secondly... oh Giant Trunade, I actually mixed that up with Torrential Tribute, boy am I an idiot, and I see where you're going, although I really do like having my opponents back row empty when I attack. However if I'm going to bump off Trunade for something, it'd be Autonomous Action Unit because:
a) I already have it
b)it's rarely ever a dead draw until really late in the game
c)it pwns and owns Stardust

But I do see the beauty of Dark Bribe, a counter with no cost to you (aside from your opponent gaining card advantage), ya just don't see cards like that, exept ya'know Dark Bribe.
Mar 23, 2010 2:05 PM

Nov 2009
Adam, you gave me a fantastic idea!
Enemy Controller! Not only can it prevent an attack but it can also makes the my opponents monster easy fodder for Firedog to get a monster out, and since it's a spell, Jinzo can't touch it. Is it hard to find?
Mar 23, 2010 2:14 PM

Oct 2009
umm I'm not too sure, I have 1 but its in my synchro deck, it shouldn't be too hard to find though it was in like 4 structure decks.The only thing is people may be using them in decks. Another one to look at instead would be book of moon, I'm not sure about book of moon either so its really which ever you find first lol. Either one will work.
Mar 23, 2010 3:32 PM

Nov 2009
Hunter probably has one, I got a Torrential Tributes and Scape Goats from him and those are pretty popular.
Mar 23, 2010 4:35 PM

Nov 2009
Hey, if anyone finds a Stardust Dragon tin, tell me, apparently American Amazon refuses to ship cards to Canada
Mar 23, 2010 9:12 PM

Oct 2009
So I have been fiddling around with my monarch deck for a while now and I am wondering what people's opinions are on this take of macro monarchs

MONSTERS
3 Caius the Shadow Monarch
2 Raiza the Storm Monarch
2 Cyber Dragon
3 Cyber Valley
2 D.D. Scout Plane
3 D.D. Survivor
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (in case of otk and blackrose)
2 Legendary Jujitsu Masters, Gravekeeper's Spy, or Gravekeeper's Guard (not sure which one would be best)
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
2 Krebons

SPELLS
1 Allure of Darkness
2 Book of Moon
1 Brain Control
3 Dimensional Fissure
1 Emergency Teleport (HUNTER GOLD SARCO for e-tele and gale? :O)
1 Lightning Vortex
1 Mystical Space Typhoon

TRAP
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dark Bribe
2 Macro Cosmos
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Return From the Different Dimension
1 Solemn Judgement

EXTRA
Brionac and Goyo dont work in this type of deck haha
so cards like
Flamvell Uruquizas
Iron Chain Dragon
Blackrose Dragon
Stardust Dragon (one time negation)
Colossal Fighter
Catastor (hard to get a hold of, and even harder to get out in this deck)
and my other synchros
Mar 24, 2010 4:38 AM

Nov 2009
Hmmmm
a monarch deck with synchros, could work, but ya should put in a Red Dragon Archfiend since his effect doesn't rely on the graveyard at all.
Mar 24, 2010 8:02 AM

Oct 2009
the e-tele if i have no other option could also be used as quick tribute fodder. and yes I know =[ I so badly want to get a Red Dragon Archfiend.
Mar 24, 2010 1:29 PM

Nov 2009
I know how you feel, I'm on the hunt for the illusive Starduct Dragon. The tins go hand in hand, so if I find a Red Dragon Archfeind tin on my hunt for a Stardust tin, I'll notify you, maybe even get it for you if I have enough spare money.

Oh yeah, Adam, apparently Hunter's internet is down, so it's pretty much you and me on this forum for a while, unless Alex starts posting again... ya it's much just you and me.

DARRNIT HUNTER!!! you better post and prove me wrong
TH3GADFLYMar 24, 2010 5:02 PM
Mar 24, 2010 2:28 PM

Nov 2009
New promo in, Hundred Eyes Dragon. Of course, irony of irony's, my first level 8 synchro and it's useless to me, ya don't suppose I could get a Colossal Fighter for it from someone.
TH3GADFLYMar 24, 2010 5:18 PM
Mar 24, 2010 5:24 PM

Oct 2009
well on a completely different topic Gold series 2010! :D :D :D :D :D in the summer cannot wait!

GLD3-EN0?? Vice Dragon (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Blackwing Armed Wing (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Plaguespreader Zombie (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Thunder King Rai-Oh (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Infernity Archfiend (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Judgement Dragon (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Reese the Ice Mistress
GLD3-EN0?? Destiny Hero - Malicious (Common)
GLD3-EN0?? Red Dragon Archfiend (Gold Rare)

are the cards listed so far
Mar 24, 2010 5:42 PM

Nov 2009
>=[--------------------- ]
Wait no Stardust?
Probably not announced yet, but if Colossal Fighter becomes a common in that my heads gonna explode.

Oh, I might be getting Stardust Dragon tin off American Amazon, thank you other people who sell stuff through amazon.
TH3GADFLYMar 24, 2010 5:50 PM
Mar 24, 2010 6:19 PM

Oct 2009
awesome stuff, you could always turn to e-bay..

and I definitely think we need to have a box tourney, one box may not be enough so maybe we chip in for like 2 different ones and people take equal number of packs from each one, and the cards they aren't using are thrown into a "pool" and people who want those cards take them.
Mar 24, 2010 6:36 PM

Nov 2009
If we're doing that, I'd opt for Hidden Arsenal 2 as one of the packs (for obvious reason), but that's just me, although that'll mean we'll hafta hold off that tourney till July, but we could always do more than one box tourney, having a second in July to give us an excuse to meet up after schools out. A box of packs isn't too expensive if the price is split eight ways.
Mar 24, 2010 9:22 PM

Oct 2009
haha of course HA2 would be a viable option, along with The Shining Darkness, it is coming out in May.
Mar 25, 2010 1:24 PM

Nov 2009
Ah, Shining Darkness... can't wait for Blackfeather Dragon. Apparently it's not synchro material specific so it can fit in even non-Blackwing decks, and also LEVEL 8!!!
TH3GADFLYMar 25, 2010 1:57 PM
Mar 26, 2010 5:09 PM

Jan 2009
Dark_Enigma said:
well on a completely different topic Gold series 2010! :D :D :D :D :D in the summer cannot wait!

GLD3-EN0?? Vice Dragon (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Plaguespreader Zombie (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Thunder King Rai-Oh (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Infernity Archfiend (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Judgement Dragon (Gold Rare)
GLD3-EN0?? Reese the Ice Mistress
GLD3-EN0?? Destiny Hero - Malicious (Common)
GLD3-EN0?? Red Dragon Archfiend (Gold Rare)

are the cards listed so far

I am so calling BS on Malicous and D-Draw being Commons, There is no way.
Mar 26, 2010 8:25 PM

Oct 2009
ohh it would be totally awesome though =D

PS- I'm prolly gonna enter my Machina's next tourney! they are soo awesome.. I can bring out one of my Machina Fortress first turn 90% of the time, I just need a third and not a Kuribon xD. it runs fairly went 2-3 against my improving monarchs which i still need an E-tele and Gale for... -.- only reason Machina lost the one match was cause a marshmallon! =(
Mar 27, 2010 6:59 AM

Nov 2009
Ya sure Adam, one of the reasons your deck is so powerful is that it takes away the graveyard which really cripples most decks. Things'll get harder once you play a deck that let your opponent have a grave.
Mar 27, 2010 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
TH3GADFLY said:
Ya sure Adam, one of the reasons your deck is so powerful is that it takes away the graveyard which really cripples most decks. Things'll get harder once you play a deck that let your opponent have a grave.

I agree with James once you give me back my graveyard I'll run you over, I still have that Grand mole for you btw. My blackwing deck is almost ready to go somehow I still need another Sirroco and an Elffin other than that I should be good. Also I'm trying my zombies with a Sacred Crane and Zombie World I don't know if it's better or worse I'll need someone to test it on.
Mar 27, 2010 7:50 PM

Oct 2009
wait huh? i know the only reason my monarchs does well is because of remove from play, my Machinas need a grave to run properly as well and they still managed quite well. A lot of Machina decks are popping up in regionals and they are all doing fairly well. I know my deck is annoying as hell for people, and I myself want a change of scenery, so thats why I want to try moving away from Monarchs to something different.

Grand mole and 5 bucks :P I am afraid of your Blackwings, haven't faced one in a while and the swarm may kill me. Crane+ZW seems viable, ZW would also slow down some decks like Dragons and such. I want to go to the tourney again in a couple weeks so maybe before that or something we can test out decks?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite Character

HunterXDante - Nov 5, 2009

15 by Anotherfan »»
May 2, 2012 5:28 PM

» Favorite AMV's

monk1213 - Nov 28, 2009

35 by Anotherfan »»
May 2, 2012 5:25 PM

» Anime Name Game ( 1 2 )

monk1213 - May 23, 2010

62 by Otherwise-six »»
Oct 26, 2010 7:14 AM

» 2010-2011 Schedule; anything you want us to change?

rideWARRIOR - Sep 23, 2010

19 by Otherwise-six »»
Oct 8, 2010 7:28 AM

» Anime Suggestions

TH3GADFLY - Sep 4, 2010

6 by Otherwise-six »»
Sep 16, 2010 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.