Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2012 10:11 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
To me, what makes Little Busters so great is the story of friendship it tells and the characters themselves. Without the first 40 or so hours where you get to know the characters, get attached to them, see all their character interactions and stuff, Refrain means nothing. So you need the common route and heroine routes to be well told for Refrain to have its impact.

Oh, I never said you could remove the heroine routes. That would be ridiculous. Anyways my original post was just talking about random joke scenes. Of course we need the heroine routes for character development. I'm just saying it's better that Refrain is done well and heroine routes done okay than refrain done okay and heroine routes done well.

annparra said:
I know Key has made this anime, but honestly, tell me one reason for not to drop it. I think you guys are only watching this because of how moe it is, but c'mon, I think I'm just wasting my life. Plus, the seiyuus of the female character are pitiful, awful and annoying

You don't know the plot, some of us do. Ignorance, and blatantly wrong assumptions are nothing to be proud of.
Oct 27, 2012 10:15 PM

Oct 2012
SleepingEntity said:
RyanSaotome said:
To me, what makes Little Busters so great is the story of friendship it tells and the characters themselves. Without the first 40 or so hours where you get to know the characters, get attached to them, see all their character interactions and stuff, Refrain means nothing. So you need the common route and heroine routes to be well told for Refrain to have its impact.

Oh, I never said you could remove the heroine routes. That would be ridiculous. Anyways my original post was just talking about random joke scenes. Of course we need the heroine routes for character development. I'm just saying it's better that Refrain is done well and heroine routes done okay than refrain done okay and heroine routes done well.

OR... Both the routes and refrain done well. Wouldn't that be the optimal result? haha ;)
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Oct 27, 2012 10:15 PM

Aug 2012
But it's a pain in the ass if I need to wait 9 episodes for something good to happen
Oct 27, 2012 10:17 PM

Sep 2012
annparra said:
But it's a pain in the ass if I need to wait 9 episodes for something good to happen

Then don't watch it until it's all out. Just don't make assumptions...

=_="

eltonsu999 said:

OR... Both the routes and refrain done well. Wouldn't that be the optimal result? haha ;)

Hmmm...excellent thinking my friend! Let us hope.
Oct 27, 2012 10:22 PM

Oct 2012
annparra said:

Well, we have already dived into Komari's route so her drama moments will be shown throughout the next 2 episodes if you can wait that long lol :P. I'm a person who enjoyed all the routes and found them all very tearjerky but of course everyones different. All the routes are very different so if you do dislike Komari's one, the next one may pique your interest. An example was in clannad, I wasn't very fond of Fuko's route but I loved Miyazawas.
Oct 27, 2012 10:26 PM

Sep 2012
What I said still stands. If you don't like an anime, please don't feel forced to watch it. Just don't judge it if you haven't watched it. Especially don't say fans like it only because of the moe factor.

Mod Edit: Removed personal attack from someone else so removed the reply to this from this post as well.
LunaOct 28, 2012 4:08 AM
Oct 27, 2012 10:29 PM
May 2010
Honestly, though, I don't mind the 'moe' as some jerks put it so rudely. I feel that it's fine to just relax through the mundane events that occur through the series as we enjoy ourselves with the companionship of fellow anime moe characters, which is what really intrigue many otaku into being obssessed with eroge games and harem anime. It's not so much the h-scenes as it is with having fun and laughter with cute girls.

Sure, I'd enjoy a good story much more than pointless moe escapades, but like I said, I don't mind these things. It can be kinda relaxing, as Kanon displayed.
Oct 27, 2012 11:15 PM

Oct 2008
To be frank, with all the hype going in, I had some pretty high expectations for Little Busters!
Two things prevent me from enjoying it
1) Too much emphasis on moe and cookie-cutter stereotypes.
2) Comedy is just not funny. I think I smiled once in the first episode and the track record since then hasn't improved much.

Point #2 is the by far the most important one. The deathknell of the comedy is when it fails to elicit a smile, let alone laughter. Kyoto Animation's Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! also has moe elements, but the comedy is far more consistent and Rikka's antics are genuinely much more funny. There's also a lot of other romantic comedies (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) which have a much more likeable, varied and unique cast than Little Busters.

To be frank, the more I watch anime, the worse I view Key's stories. They can be emotional, but many really are very forced. Let's just say that they have not really stood the test of time for me.

I think I will bow out of here respectfully. I hope the rest of you enjoy the show.
Oct 27, 2012 11:23 PM
May 2010
Omniknight said:
I think I will bow out of here respectfully. I hope the rest of you enjoy the show.

Fair enough. At least you express your opinion in a more civilized manner.

Not everybody would enjoy the forced feelings of sweetness thrust onto one upon the taste of overly sweet stuff like strawberry shortcakes and mont blanc, after all, so it's understandable. These things are too sweet for some, and just mild enough for others to enjoy.
Oct 27, 2012 11:25 PM

Jul 2012
God... We finally see Noumi and it was for less than 5 minutes. However, this episode was pretty great. I didn't play the visual novel (I will, in the future) so I don't know what's going on. I see that it's actually following the novel so I'm kind of glad. The episode as kind of sentimental yet mysterious. I think Kojirou might have been the Kamikita Takuya. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's either that or he knows the whereabouts of Takuya.
Oct 27, 2012 11:27 PM

Oct 2012
OminousFlare said:
Omniknight said:

Fair enough. At least you express your opinion in a more civilized manner.

Not everybody would enjoy the forced feelings of sweetness thrust onto one upon the taste of overly sweet stuff like strawberry shortcakes and mont blanc, after all, so it's understandable. These things are too sweet for some, and just mild enough for others to enjoy.

Seriously...? You my friend, have just made me hungry... :S
Oct 27, 2012 11:28 PM

Oct 2012
ThanatosPersona said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's either that or he knows the whereabouts of Takuya.

You shall not be corrected cus that will just be spoilers :P
Oct 27, 2012 11:29 PM

Nov 2009
This is rather a good episode, or at least there were some plots going on (like Komari's dream about her brother, and the old man who whose name was under the pictures book, so I guess there will be some sort of misunderstandings). That was what I'm expecting, rather than spending times on bland and mediocre comedy scenes which I couldn't find funny at all.

But just don't assume "moe = bad", and I don't mind "moe" as long as they improve the contents.
Oct 27, 2012 11:31 PM
May 2010
ThanatosPersona said:
Correct me if I'm wrong,

Mhm mhm. Never. You'll just have to watch it for yourself. ;P

Let's just say the ojisan is more close to Komari than one might expect.

Takana_no_Hana said:
and the old man who whose name was under the pictures book,

This, I will correct. That's not Kojiro's name under the book.
Oct 27, 2012 11:38 PM

May 2008
I am kinda hoping that they would intro Mio first before Komari's story . I guess they do not want people to hear the change in Mio's voice so soon =P. I really like the animation of Komari's arc so far though , i can feel the emotions, maybe because i played the novel BUT ANYWAYS i hope they keep it up and it will probably be my favourite anime.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 27, 2012 11:47 PM

Nov 2009
OminousFlare said:
ThanatosPersona said:
Correct me if I'm wrong,

Mhm mhm. Never. You'll just have to watch it for yourself. ;P

Let's just say the ojisan is more close to Komari than one might expect.

Takana_no_Hana said:
and the old man who whose name was under the pictures book,

This, I will correct. That's not Kojiro's name under the book.

Oh really, lemme rewatch that scene again ... that just because his name sounds like what Komari said before and the pictures book flashback. I guess I've made mistake there.
Oct 27, 2012 11:49 PM

Jan 2012
great message by key on this week's episode. I'm starting to get addicted to this series's sound tracks.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 27, 2012 11:49 PM

Sep 2012
isn't that a bit too short for Kud 1st appearance? :/

gonna get diabetes soon from all the sweet voices of the VAs. :3

dun wanna see the sad Komari ><
Oct 27, 2012 11:56 PM

Feb 2012
Nice episode :D
Made me curious... can't wait for the next ep~
Oct 28, 2012 12:09 AM

Sep 2010
Omniknight said:
Comedy is just not funny. I think I smiled once in the first episode and the track record since then hasn't improved much.

Really? I personally loved the humor and was laughing as i watched it.. Is it just me?
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Oct 28, 2012 12:12 AM

Jun 2011
Fuck this... they've changed VA. Kudo != Kudo anymore.
Oct 28, 2012 12:17 AM

Jul 2011
annparra said:
I know Key has made this anime, but honestly, tell me one reason for not to drop it. I think you guys are only watching this because of how moe it is, but c'mon, I think I'm just wasting my life. Plus, the seiyuus of the female character are pitiful, awful and annoying

If you go by the OP then yeah, I can see why you'd reach that conclusion. His obsession with moe is odd, and I do wonder if that's the only reason he bothers to watch.

As for the anime - yeah, I can totally see why you're thinking that. It's not very good at the moment. Not terrible, but just kinda bland. The only reason I'm bothering to watch it at this point is because I'm a fan of the VN, and I want to see my favorite characters and scenes animated.
Oct 28, 2012 12:19 AM

Nov 2007
Stap-dono said:

You must be deaf
Oct 28, 2012 12:25 AM

Dec 2011
Kud's moe can kill someone with too much sweetness! So cute. The voice is fitting as well.

This episode made us see Komari from another light! A big plus for her. It reminded me when I did my community service in a retirement home.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2012 12:29 AM

Jun 2011
game8910 said:

You must be deaf

Is this adaptation CV is Wakabayashi Naomi. In VN - Miyako Suzuka. Who is deaf now?
Oct 28, 2012 12:41 AM

Oct 2012
Stap-dono said:
game8910 said:

You must be deaf

Is this adaptation CV is Wakabayashi Naomi. In VN - Miyako Suzuka. Who is deaf now?

If you don't mind me stepping in, Miyako Suzuka is actually Wakabayashi Naomi's alias so its the same person. Sorry to step in your moment of glory lol >.<
Oct 28, 2012 12:42 AM
May 2010
eltonsu999 said:
Stap-dono said:
game8910 said:

You must be deaf

If you don't mind me stepping in, Miyako Suzuka is actually Wakabayashi Naomi's alias so its the same person. Sorry to step in your moment of glory lol >.<

It's not so much being deaf as it is being reckless and over-confident in all the above examples. ;P
Oct 28, 2012 12:45 AM

Sep 2011
eltonsu999 said:
Stap-dono said:
game8910 said:

You must be deaf

Lol'd
Oct 28, 2012 1:01 AM

Jul 2009
eltonsu999 said:
annparra said:

Moe is one reason some people are watching it, however, if you search through the comments, you should be able to see that the emotional impact and tearjerkiness is very similar to clannad which is the reason this will be just as amazing. If you are looking for that, then hopefully you can look forward to what is to come. :)

MY TEARS ARE READY!
These tears aren't going to jerk themselves! lolwut
Oct 28, 2012 1:01 AM

Jun 2011
But something really wrong with CV voice in adaptation: I've just loaded the same moment in VN and voice of Kudo is more cheerful than here.
Stap-donoOct 28, 2012 1:09 AM
Oct 28, 2012 1:22 AM

Aug 2012
Was a Fun Episode To Watch.
One Thing I Didn't Understand - Why Did They Show Takuya's Name And Not Komari At The End?
Oct 28, 2012 1:26 AM

Oct 2012
Stap-dono said:
But something really wrong with CV voice in adaptation: I've just loaded the same moment in VN and voice of Kudo is more cheerful than here.

You can't really expect them to be exactly the same. I mean, the VN was made in 2007 I think and now they have to do the same voice now in 2012.
1. It will be hard to try and get that voice back
2. They have aged 5 years (yes, even voice actors age) :(
To be honest, I also found a lot of the voices a bit different except Kyousuke (his voice actor must've found the philosopher's stone) but I've already gotten used to it 5 seconds into hearing their voice. I must admit, I do miss Masato's gruffy and rough voice though
eltonsu999Oct 28, 2012 1:29 AM
Oct 28, 2012 1:41 AM

Jan 2011
Wow I really noticed the budget on this episode, lots of static pictures.
I'm enjoying this so far but nothing special imo. I guess the good parts are still to come.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 28, 2012 5:26 AM

Jun 2012
Decent enough I guess... hints of drama to come?
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Oct 28, 2012 5:32 AM
Aug 2011
Little Busters Defense Force:
- SleepingEntity
- eltonsu999
- Tyrel
- RyanSaotome
- kenshin_sama

So is this it?
Sorry if I didn't include someone or if someone doesn't think of themselves as one.

This doesn't appear to need much defending though.

Favorite Moments:
- Kud, so cute, so moe, so polite, so much awesome Engrish
- Rin was so cute. First giving Riki the sweets to give to Komari and then tagging along to the rooftop and the
Cheering up Komari.
Rin: "Meow, meow, meow!"
- That picture book scene was sad. That music was really fitting.
- The LB's doing good deeds. "Alright" (Optimism Magic)
- Kinniku, Yay Yay (Always good, always funny)
Episode 5/5 - (Ignores still frames as I see no problem with them)
Oct 28, 2012 5:39 AM

Sep 2012
Best episode of this anime so far, though I think it was still average. I will continue to watch this because you guys keep saying it is great. I want to see what the fuss is all about. I hope my perseverance will be rewarded, because for the moment, I'm not impressed.

2.5/5
Oct 28, 2012 5:44 AM

Sep 2011
Stap-dono said:

Huh? They changed the VA before this was aired so you should expected this already.
TennoujiOct 28, 2012 5:48 AM

Oct 28, 2012 6:06 AM

Sep 2011
annparra said:

I'm not watching this because of moe. Since I played the VN of LB, of course I already knew the whole story and plot and I found it masterpiece so I'm watching this how they will adapt it.

jasque said:
Sa-chan_ said:
cxu said:
I doubt they're ACTUALLY cramming this into 24 episodes though.
If Komari's route ends at ep 6, she will have 3 episodes dedicated to her character
If everyone got the same treatment, that's another 12 episodes, and we're at 18. Common route isn't even finished yet, so add atleast 3 more episodes for that, and we're at 21. Then you have 3 eps for Rin2 and Refrain? I doubt it, really. And that's if every character have 3 episodes for their routes. Some could get more for all I know, so my guess is that they're doing Rin2 + Refrain in a separate, 13 episode season.
Oh, and they could end this season with Rin1 or Kurugaya end I guess.

Actually, if they don't split this into 2 seasons, I'm gonna kill a kittie.

Edit: Adding periods, lol.

Maybe it's just Komari's path in the game is really that short? LOL. Anyway, if Haruka's arc is just 3 episodes also yet Haruka's path is longer(Probably the longest) than Komari's in the VN, JC Staff should quit adapting any Visual Novels.

Add Sasami route to these 26 eps...
It really need some more eps, otherwise it 's suicide.

At least the anime script writer must know that. I hope they can make more eps...

I doubt they will insert Sasami's in this series.

Since Sasami's path will jump at October 23.

Oct 28, 2012 6:08 AM

Sep 2010
"Can I Help me?" Engrish at it's best....

Rather emotional and a 200% MOE episode.....

4/5
Oct 28, 2012 6:09 AM
Aug 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Stap-dono said:

Huh? They changed the VA before this was aired so you should expected this already.

Stap-dono is saying Kud's seiyuu changed.
The only voices that were changed are
1) Riki - Had the same Seiyuu as Rin
2) Sasami - Also had the same Seiyuu as Rin
3) Mio - Seiyuu got knocked up
Oct 28, 2012 6:11 AM

Sep 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

He/She seemed surprised that he/she only found out just by now that Kud's VA changed.
TennoujiOct 28, 2012 6:16 AM

Oct 28, 2012 6:17 AM
Aug 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Sa-chan_ said:

He/She seemed surprised that he/she only found out just by now that Kud's VA changed.

Did it change? Previous posters said it was the same Seiyuu, but the VN name is a alias. That can be true as it is not uncommon for VN seiyuu to use aliases, while Anime almost always uses their real names.
Oct 28, 2012 6:24 AM

Oct 2010
annparra said:
Plus, the seiyuus of the female character are pitiful, awful and annoying

THIS.
Oct 28, 2012 6:27 AM

Sep 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Did it change? Previous posters said it was the same Seiyuu, but the VN name is a alias. That can be true as it is not uncommon for VN seiyuu to use aliases, while Anime almost always uses their real names.

I'm too lazy to check most of the previous post. Also, this is the person who voiced Kud in the game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyako_Suzuta

And if you see in the LB character list here, it's a different person(Or maybe a different name if it's really her alias or whatsoever).

Oct 28, 2012 6:31 AM

Oct 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

From MAL
"Naomi Wakabayashi is a female Japanese voice actress. She is most well known for her role as Kudryavaka Noumi from the Little Busters! visual novel and her role as Ritsuko Akizuki from the iDOLM@STER series.

Aliases: Miyako Suzuta, Akemi Kaneko, Youko Kenzaki"
Oct 28, 2012 6:33 AM

Sep 2011
Dalek-baka said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

From MAL
"Naomi Wakabayashi is a female Japanese voice actress. She is most well known for her role as Kudryavaka Noumi from the Little Busters! visual novel and her role as Ritsuko Akizuki from the iDOLM@STER series.

So it's her alias. Damn that Wiki. In Miyako Suzuta's description, it was only mentioned Kaneko Akemi as her other name and I tried to check Naomi Wakabayashi but the entry doesn't exist.

I didn't check her on MAL. >_>

Oct 28, 2012 6:37 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like Kojiro has some issues but he seems to be related to Komari maybe he is her grandfather or something along those lines but that doesn't explain why he wants her to stay away from him.
It was nice to see them helping out a retirement home like that old people are often lonely so the appreciate people who help them out allot.

Seems like Kurugaya has some interest in other girls which suggests she might be lesbian i wonder how that will turn out in the end.
Oct 28, 2012 6:40 AM

Apr 2009
Never thought that Airhead girl (Komari Kamikita) will have that kind of a sad story.
And it's not look like Old man is her brother... Impossible, I think -.-"
Meow language, impressive =^.^=
Oct 28, 2012 6:41 AM

Sep 2011
SaraM said:

And it's not look like Old man is her brother... Impossible, I think -.-"

Of course it's impossible LOL. XD

Oct 28, 2012 6:43 AM
Aug 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Dalek-baka said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

From MAL

So it's her alias. Damn that Wiki. In Miyako Suzuta's description, it was only mentioned Kaneko Akemi as her other name and I tried to check Naomi Wakabayashi but the entry doesn't exist.

I didn't check her on MAL. >_>

Never place over 90% of your trust in Wikipedia. I learned that long ago.

I'm busy watching IDOLM@STER, so I can hear that wonderful voice there too.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why should i watch it?

ilayia - Aug 17

8 by YordaTrico »»
Sep 26, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 20, 2012

291 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 14, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 13, 2012

390 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 14, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

761 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 14, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.