Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 26, 2016 8:28 AM

May 2014
[SPOILERS AHEAD]

I really liked this OVA, I felt that it gives more closure than the second season's ending. I've never really liked Karasuma because I thought that he was just weird, in his own world, arrogant and selfish in always running away and not respecting Tenma's feelings.

Someone should give Harima the 'world's most devoted man' award. He likes Tenma so much that it's kind of annoying. But well, loyalty and self-sacrificial traits are still greatly needed in our world, so kudos to him for his undying dedication to her throughout all 54 episodes.

I think the lack of a happy ending makes the anime a bit more realistic. After all, such is the reality and complexity of high school relationships. Full of dreamy fantasies of one-sided crushes which if they really come true, then lucky you.

On the overall, I think it was the interesting characters that made me stick with this series to its end. I'm definitely gonna miss the kurukumawaru times.
Nov 23, 2016 12:25 AM

Mar 2015
I didn't read the manga but it seems like this show was meant to be another 26 episode season but they skipped the first 24 episodes of it... sorta disappointing. I really wanted to see what happened in between- the glimpses of it looked really interesting. I hope the manga doesn't end here (or are these two episodes the ending of the manga?) and there's a better ending than this one.

Can anyone tell me if this is the actual ending to the SR manga? Or is there more to come?

(Just wanna know if Harima and Eri end together)
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Mar 17, 2017 1:04 AM
Feb 2015
Didn't liked the ending :/
Karasuma okay well earlier i didn't gave much thought to him cuz he was kind of crap, but these ova's revealed truth behind all the dull null activity of him, changed my view towards him, seemed liked a decently good guy.
Tenma, she still cares for karasuma well thats something.., even though she's knows now about Harima was in her with her all time i don't know what she might think of him over all these years and the way she looks and acted when harima came was something like she's in love with him :| still no proof.

Harima, well 9999+Rep for this guy simply, or should i say the "f**k u author" ? can't comment more he is one of the best guy ever seen in anime.

Eri, well nice character wanted to go for Harima route but didn't really happened :(

Youka, waifu that everyone wants, rooted her for Harima route also but there is no happening at all it seemed.
May 30, 2017 2:37 PM

Aug 2014
Friends helping, Itoko drinking Asahi beer ;d

I hate how Hariima talked to Eri ;/ He deserved to get beaten up for that ;o

but that with Karasuma was too serious for this anime ;/ and it felt cliche it reminds me a little of Tomoyo After.

Still, Harima not getting any girl in the end is bad ;/ and Tenma is only half happy.
Yakumo, Eri also deserved some love ;/ Suou was in wedding dress in op, but none of that happened?
Hanai also left alone...
I understand why people are not satisfied with this ending ;/
It was good in a way and if they wanted to finish it like this then they did ok to show it in 2 episode anime.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 10, 2017 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
After just finishing the manga (since I heard that the 1st OVA skimmed through 100 chapters of arc) I was so disappointed to learn that they actually just animated the fucking pie ending in the manga. Seriously. At least make it an actual OVA (ORIGINAL video animation) not some fucking worst ending I've seen adaptation.

At least it's lovely to see that Eri beating him up scene, although would've been even better if they adapted the scene where Eri asked him to be her fake fiancee. Fucking axed slapped in the face ending.

Oct 14, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2009
I'm not satisfied on this ending.
I feel like I missed a lot of things.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2017 5:40 AM
Nov 2015
Will they show the story that has been skipped???? And
Is there story left after this ending in manga???
Jul 3, 2019 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
Quite the bad ending for this show. Not only did they not solve any of the relationship issues, they also squeezed some drama in the last two episodes and used almost non of the great school rumble comedy. The ratings are quite justified for this episode.
Dec 28, 2019 5:02 PM

Nov 2016
Two episodes were rather weak and I'm not satisfied with the "conclusion", but since it's School Rumble it's still ok.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2020 7:33 PM
Oct 2017
Good lord, finally, Tenma finally got to be with Karasuma, we heard the real feelings of Karasuma which was always a misterious guy and Tenma also realized the feelings and identity of Harima-Kun, I was afraid it was going to follow the route of episode 26 as well of put things back to normal, like this anime always ever did, now I just hope to never fall ever again with such an anticlimatic anime.

This should be promoted as an antiromantic comedy, the comedy comes from failed confessions, misunderstandings and rejected love, it is fun if you do not like rom-com cliches but this formula feels also tiring anyway.

The anime was completely butchered and directionless, it went from nice school comedy, to antirom comedy that never delivered, some weird-ass parodies and randomness in some chapters, a bunch of manga metacommentary and finally, just a bunch of drama at the end that you would have not expected for the overall feeling the series had and at the end, I was not able to know what to expect or what to make of it, should I forget about Harima relationship and take it as a running gag on the series? Should I laugh? The parodies were also very subpar.

To be honest, this is all that an anime should not be for me, everything what a person should avoid when making an anime; I liked the cartoonish animations, the silly music, and the school comedy side was nice, but overall there are a lot of better offers out there, even when this series did hit on the spot with the peace and the timing, I did not get some jokes and the anti-romance comedy was off.

Eri and Yakumo were awesome, and I am sad neither of them had a proper ending, with the hints with Eri on season 1 and with Yakumo on season 2 you would have expected him to end with one of the two, and it breaks my heart, Tenma had great and sweet moments and I liked her silly character overall, she was animated on the most hilarious way sometimes.

Harima was awesome, overall he is the last guy I would go out with on real life because of his appearance, which is very scary, but he demonstrated to have an amazing heart.

Even when this anime had decent moments, there are so much greater animes out there and I would not recommend this to anyone, 54 of this is just too much, I can safely say this was one of the worst anime I have seen, good riddance.
HazamelisApr 15, 2020 7:45 PM
Jul 4, 2020 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
THE FEELS 9/10

omfg should i rewatch school rumble?! (it's been like 7 years lmfao) or is the manga better??
Dec 14, 2020 7:16 PM
Feb 2018
Overall a good show but still the whole Karasuma illness thing just came out of nowhere and basically he can get his memories back over time? Harima left after realizing that Tenma isn't into him that way because she really likes Karasuma. Still... what bugs me is how it ends. Harima returns and Karasuma almost says his name from recognizing him but says Hanai instead and thats how it ends. So, nothing is resolved.

Does Karasuma get his memories back?

Does Tenma and Karasuma pursue a relationship if he does get them back?

Why can't there be no relationship resolutions like Yakumo x Harima or Eri x Harima? Like maybe Harima realizes that he needs to move on and gets feelings for one of the girls.

Idk I'm mixed on this.
Sep 29, 2021 10:43 AM

Aug 2017
Sigh no happy ending for Eri, the best character.
Dec 18, 2021 3:46 AM

Aug 2020
I honestly don't know what to feel. :) This show left me empty.. Harima my man(。•́︿•̀。)

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 3, 2022 10:57 AM

Jan 2020
School Rumble as a whole is a fantastic LOVE COMEDY show. I would easily give this show a 8/10.
But, the show doesn't have ANY resolution to itself. The protagonist Harima ends up being alone. The princess doesn't get over her Tsun phase ever. Tenma and Karasuma don't get together either. Literally nothing changes in the dynamics of these 4 main characters by the end of the show. Over 50 episodes of good comedy ruined by the lack of any conclusion to the relationships between the characters. And no, I'm not going to read the manga to find out what happens in the end. I'm done with the series.
5/10 from me.
Jul 28, 2022 11:51 AM
Feb 2022
Oh man, I LOVE this anime, it's great. I wish it had a third season. A lot of chapters had left that could've been animated, but unfortunately the third season, which we see was in production, has been canceled.
All I can say is that it's sad ending for such a funny anime. No one from our characters had a good ending. I'm especially sad about Harima and Eri.
Eri and Harima deserved better, cause they're great characters.
Idk why author finished the manga like that, but it was his decision and all I can do is complain why it didn't end well. Maybe it ended like that to show us that life is not a dream... and we have to go on, it still hurts though.
DominopirAug 5, 3:35 PM
Sep 24, 2022 9:22 PM

Feb 2021
I hate the ending. Now I'm feeling a bit sad that this anime is completed.
Jan 21, 2023 10:31 PM

Aug 2014
Meh for this two OVA concluding episodes.  Only the Harima-Eri scene was worthwhile. 

If they ever do continue School Rumble, DONT FOLLOW THE MANGA
Aug 4, 2023 6:11 PM

Nov 2010
I like Tenma, but Eri remains the best waifu in this show. I love that scene of her punching and slapping sense to Harima. He says it opened his eyes, but in the end, it didn't. I admire that he is loyal and loves only one girl, but seeing Tenma being happy with Karasuma & Harima wasting the affection of Eri and being unable to move on to greener pastures is frustrating to see! Even if this were two-cours, that ending would leave a sour taste in my mouth.
Sep 13, 2023 3:21 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:

Jan 2, 2:35 PM

Jun 2021
Once again, it seemed new to see a police car chasing Harima and Togo / Harry supporting him (honestly, Harry appeared less overall in the full show than i remembered to begin with)

Tenma, think twice before asking some questions... glad that Harima had criticism for Eri and her attitude. Too bad, he never confessed, let some thugs beat him, and he's into another following forgotten scene that now i would like to erase again. Still... mangaka, guitarist, a man of multiple talent.

On the contrary, i recalled Karasuma healing and Tenma staying on his side, and how sweet by Sarah to stay at Yakumo's place for moral support.

More Mai in the final reunion, cool. And it's satisfying how Eri took a pie in the face.

"Ha...Hanai-Kun?" lol.

And once again... again... bittersweet open ending even if still a better one than having the main character hooked up with the wrong girl. Being blackpilled by nature already in the 2000's, i knew beforehand that Harima x Tenma would have never happened, and still, unpopular opinion but i couldn't care less, anyone but "Ojou". For me the story ends here, oh, well, the manga wasn't even fully published in italy, just early on in some magazines. And, finally, the destination didn't turn out to be the best but damn, the travel has still been amazing.
Feb 26, 7:57 PM

Jul 2022
ahhh so this is the end huh? It was a fun ride full of laughter and misunderstandings. I wish Harima got his closure tho, or knew that Tenma heard him on the bike. They couldve at least had Karasuma remember more...whywhwywhy. Welp. The ending song was nice to hear at least. It was fun while it lasted, maybe one day we'll get a complete season 3...time to read z ig
Aug 5, 1:07 PM

Sep 2017
I was expecting an ending to Harima's story as well
هیچوقت بهتر نمیشه
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Rumble: San Gakki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kiseki - Jul 24, 2008

82 by Fatephile »»
Aug 4, 7:03 AM

» So...should I even watch this?

Florete - Jul 16, 2010

11 by Fail_Man_X »»
Apr 18, 8:32 AM

» SR S3 Episode 1-24 Production

Puvi2Groovy - Jul 27, 2008

27 by Jacques_Monreal »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:47 AM

» Some questions regarding the series...

newgard - Jan 19, 2014

5 by Skittles »»
Apr 15, 2017 3:26 AM

» Disapointed !

MainGoldDragon - Apr 12, 2012

5 by Mkim »»
Apr 30, 2016 1:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.