Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 20, 2017 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
Was expecting some nice animation for the Shizuku and Hyodo dance scene... instead we got some still frames. In general, it feels like there haven't been any notable animation at all besides the tid bit at the end with Hyodo. Kinda disappointed (and even bored) so far as a manga reader. I'm expecting a lot from next episode.
Jul 21, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2008
This episode was also good :3
Jul 21, 2017 8:29 PM

Mar 2009
tfw you will never dance with Shizuku. Why even live?

Really like this show a lot. Probably my favorite of the season besides Abyss and Isekai Restaurant. It's like a mix of Haikyuu and Ippo. In fact, Sengoku reminds me of Takamura.
Jul 22, 2017 4:41 AM

Aug 2014
I enrolled a dancing lesson before for my PE class (was it ballroom or folk dance?), now I was seriously wondering why wasn't my experience as good as this one in the anime? We weren't taught BOX or that pendulum movement for basic waltz, more like I was bored to death just copying others dance and so on.. Made me realize more that anime mimicry or mimesis can be a bit dangerous if not taken with utmost moderation. It fuels up one's whimsical fantasies, imaginations, and aspirations that might never be there in the first place. TT

EDIT: If I have to partner with a gorgeous girl like Hanaoka, I would probably don't mind re-enrolling those boring classes, or being called a pervert. I would just man it all up, and savour the feeling. Why not?
HaeduansJul 22, 2017 4:45 AM
Jul 23, 2017 1:28 AM
Mar 2012
I know how ET yawns now.
Jul 23, 2017 2:56 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
-Trippwire- said:
SoundsOfTheWild3 said:

I find them to be funny to be honest.

Just look at this nigga he is part giraffe. lol

Oh my god. This made my day.

Yo, I was like wtf is that!! Those budget values there!

Loving this show so far.
Jul 23, 2017 4:31 PM
Feb 2015
i'm in love with Hanaoka <3
Jul 28, 2017 7:31 PM

Oct 2014
This is good, really good

I never thought I'd ever get into an anime about dancing
Aug 1, 2017 1:19 AM
Mar 2017
Lol Sengoku trying to make Hyodo mad
Aug 8, 2017 12:48 PM

Jun 2013
The comedy has this weird timing, where we linger on the jokes too long. And did we really need the bit where Tatara accidentally walked in on whatsherface while she was changing? It wasn't funny and it didn't tell us anything new about the characters, it was just awkward. If I wanted fanservice I could just watch a show that focuses on that, so I don't get why that was necessary. And I guess I expected more class from a show about ballroom dancing, but maybe that was my mistake, too.

Tatara still has no personality, outside of the traits that he only has because he's the protagonist of a sports shounen manga. It's almost insulting how obvious it is that he's a self insert. The way it's made so obvious that he's attracted to the girl is also annoying. It's been 2 episodes, I'm not going to care about his middle school crush, especially if it's rubbed in my face like this.

I only tried this because it was said to be a visual treat, and it really does look great, but I didn't expect the storytelling style to be so hard to endure.
Aug 18, 2017 8:22 PM

Feb 2008
I absolutely hate the art style. Those two looked like dancing snakes, in the freakish, horror show kind of way. Which would be fine if it was intentional, but it clearly wasn't.
Aug 29, 2017 3:35 PM

Oct 2016
Alright, i am glad am not the only one who finds the dancing animation disturbing. They feel like dancing snakes to me, their body movements are so unnatural.
Sep 4, 2017 8:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
in the second episode was great too, because appears "the rival", Hyoudou, a boy, a great dancer, and rival in dance and ... love! kekekeke
Sep 6, 2017 3:30 AM

Jan 2017
What the hell happens with the necks in this show? They are weird. Lol, when Hyoudo yawns, the best part of this chapter
Karasuno Fight!!!
Sep 8, 2017 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
Karen and Jimbo are my faves. I also ship them. I also like the OP song, I hope it's not too late to mention this.

Hyodo Kiyoharu is another favorite of mine, I love his cold look and how he was drawn in general. He and Shizuku look really good together. I ship them too. Shizuku and Tatara don't look good together at all, they look like older sister and younger brother.

Complimentary scene where protagonist sees Anime girl changing her clothes. Check.

Hyodo's awesome yawn. Hyodo's amazing in every way.

Sengoku reminds me of Takamura Mamoru from Hajime No Ippo, he loves taunting people.

Shizuku is cute when she's pouting over Hyodo. They are perfect for each other.
臭い-
Sep 9, 2017 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
The Cringe is just getting worse...
Sep 25, 2017 1:12 PM

Nov 2011
This episode confirms how good I had previously imagined. It is diffcult to not empathize with the main character, even though he, unlike the Mass, proves to have a lot of talent, oh well! The quality of the drawings really high, it is a joy to the eyes, see this series. Characters, really fun, even new ones. XD
Dec 17, 2017 8:40 PM

May 2013
Waaaooooo, Hyoudo-kun's a lot cuter than I thought he was going to be LOL <3 esp during this scene where he nods while blowing his nose xD

If anyone has a gif version of this, please send it my way lolololz
Thank goodness he's not that typical arrogant bastard of a rival haha

^ this was entirely too adorable too ;P

THISSSSSSSSSS THOOOOOOOOOOO.
THIS YAWN KILLED ME AHHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! XDDD

lolol when Fujita was telling Hyoudo good luck, it sounded like he was confessing his love or something LMFAO xD I hope they become best friends or something :') maybe Hyoudo doesn't want to go abroad because he's waiting for a wave in the dance world... which, will hopefully be Fujita. Eh? Eh? ;D ;D

Loved the ending part with the shadow *O* Monkey see, monkey do huehue :P
Mar 10, 2018 12:55 AM

Jun 2009
Everyone's bodies look so fucked up, it's a massive immersion breaker for me :(
Jun 17, 2019 3:15 PM
Jul 2014
It's really cool to see an actual competition! Haraoka and Hyoudou were lovely! I love the way this anime depicts the dancing! It's so attractive to see!

The two trainers seem interesting lol It's nice that it worked out so that Tatara's lessons were free

Hyoudou is amazing O.o The fact that he won a competition with a high fever like how?? You can tell he will be a great rival for Tatara someday! I love the scene when Hyoudou was showing him the basic Waltz and Tatara had to follow along! That was so cool!

I wonder why Sengoku tried to rile Hyoudou up lol I bet Hyoudou isn't very expressive or just has a very high tolerance.

Tatara is growing into a pretty good dancer already!! His determination to be good is strong and shows in his eyes.

THE PANTS LOL

The train scene between Haraoka and Tatara was cute lol it's good to get some backstory to Haraoka and Hyoudou.
When the ghost appeared in Hyoudou's arms I was kind of shook ngl lol and then when Sengoku saw Tatara with a ghost I was even more shook and so proud of Tatara lol he's learning so fast!!! Dancing really is his calling!
Sylvia_Beau019Jun 17, 2019 3:19 PM
Jun 17, 2019 3:22 PM
Jul 2014
SoundsOfTheWild3 said:
alpha_shadow said:

The necks haven't bothered me once, I think you're focusing too hard on them. The characters look so elegant and majestic. (and beautiful and hot af)

I find them to be funny to be honest.

Just look at this nigga he is part giraffe. lol

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oct 13, 2019 3:19 AM

Mar 2015
Hyoudou-kun, friend or foe? Hmm
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 21, 2019 12:43 AM

Sep 2018
The way they dance, when they bend their neck and body, it looks scary!! hahah Shizuku is pretty!

Hyodo and Shizuku looks good together (I ship them) I hope Tatara find his own partner.
Sep 22, 2020 3:40 PM

Jan 2014
ok i'm loving this anime so far, the only thing i didn't like was the changing scene it was stupid. but like the art is AMAZING it's such a good stylistic choice. those freaking eyelashes, everything is so beautiful T.T

i don't get the hate on the art, it's not like the average anime has normal proportions anyway? it's just something to get used to (and imo it's a brilliant choice since it emphasizes their dancing so nicely)
Sep 27, 2022 8:51 PM
Dec 2019
lindo dimais
gostei muito da arte
Jan 1, 6:06 PM
Oct 2023
Muy emocionante je
May 20, 4:31 AM
Sep 2021
omfg der war so toll
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

52 by Uneducated_Weeb »»
Jul 31, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

173 by SpoonMaster »»
Jun 28, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.