Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Final Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 11, 2015 9:41 AM

Aug 2012
Stoneburner said:
Hey guys. Heres something to think about.

This season is caleld OWARI monogatari.

Owari means angel.

Maybe... Ougi is an angel....

Sorry, but I laughed way too hard to that xDD
Oct 11, 2015 9:55 AM
Oct 2014
Not a fan of the new OP compared to the OP of the 1st episode.
Oct 11, 2015 11:17 AM

Aug 2015
5/5
Oct 11, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2008
Damn. Inklings must want to be in Sm4sh so bad they're willing to infiltrate anime to gain more popularity

Seeing Senjyogahara and Hanekawa with short hair again still disappoints me a little. I think they looked better with long hair. Sometimes I even find them a little hard to tell apart, too

That punch, though. Araragi has himself a fine woman
I forgot how to signature...
Oct 11, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
One Punch Woman op, pls nerf
Oct 11, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2015
Stoneburner said:
Hey guys. Heres something to think about.

This season is caleld OWARI monogatari.

Owari means angel.

Maybe... Ougi is an angel....

Or maybe im right before when I said shes the personality of that darkness that gobbled up best girl (hachikuji)

LOL
Owari doesn't mean angel.
Oct 11, 2015 2:36 PM

May 2014
I like riddles. though, in this case it can be very confusing. ^^
Oct 11, 2015 2:50 PM

Nov 2012
I was grinning like an idiot the whole time Hitagi was onscreen.
Oct 11, 2015 3:51 PM

Jul 2014
I was surprised by Sodachi's face after stabbing Araragi with the pen... that was unexpected. Does she really hate him? Even if she hates him, she seems to regret about her violent acts... or she had just seen Senjougahara.

LeviathanTheEspOct 11, 2015 4:19 PM
Oct 11, 2015 4:41 PM

Jul 2014
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OWARIMONOGATARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
My life is complete
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Oct 11, 2015 5:35 PM

Nov 2014
Senjogahara doesn't make me dissapointed XD
What's with "Araragi, I'm going to pass out as well. I trust you with the rest."?!!! LMAO
And Hanekawa,too! Her effort to stop the "beast" XD
Ougi likes usual - full of mystery :3
Oct 11, 2015 7:19 PM

Dec 2008
Oikura doesn't need a classroom. She needs a strait jacket and a padded cell.
Oct 11, 2015 8:23 PM

Feb 2014
64SuperNintendo said:
lockyy said:

Drop it now, because if you didn't enjoy this one, you most likely won't enjoy the rest as well as all the other seasons. Its not for everyone, and its completely understandable. I personally love it from animation to the story telling. But then again some just find it boring.

I already saw the other seasons. Thanks anyway though.

>shit show
>watched all of it
what?

and about the episode:
The flashback was intense, fun. I personally like this season to the others so far, mostly cuz the mystery element being significant here and having ougi in it.
Oct 12, 2015 12:39 AM

Jan 2011
Well we've already stripped a couple of layers off the onion to find out what lies beneath...this looks like another excellent season.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 12, 2015 1:43 AM

May 2015
DarknessSerpent said:
I am kinda confused, is Nadeko medusa before or after Owarimonogatari?
Before
best mystery this fall

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Oct 12, 2015 7:06 AM
Aug 2014
TheGeniusBaka said:
DarknessSerpent said:
I am kinda confused, is Nadeko medusa before or after Owarimonogatari?
Before
best mystery this fall

Nadeko Medusa takes place AFTER Ougi Formula (Ep.1) and Sodachi Arc (Ep 2-6).

TyphoonSOct 12, 2015 7:10 AM
Oct 12, 2015 9:28 AM

Jan 2014
Oikura, Ougi, Just when this cannot get any better, I saw worst girl Senjougahara...

4/5
Oct 12, 2015 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
More fan service for Oikura please. Thanks.

Araragi and Ougi teamed up is pretty awesome and Oikura is probably after araragis butt too (like all the others, what a lucky guy)
Oct 12, 2015 1:42 PM

Jul 2014
Erdna said:
More fan service for Oikura please. Thanks.

Araragi and Ougi teamed up is pretty awesome and Oikura is probably after araragis butt too (like all the others, what a lucky guy)

I don't think she can be more tsundere than Senjougahara... but still she's too weird.
Oct 12, 2015 2:57 PM

Oct 2008
The girl clash between Senjougahara & Oikura was unavoidable!
4/5.
matias067Oct 12, 2015 3:12 PM

Oct 12, 2015 3:50 PM

Nov 2014
-Theo- said:
I'm going to talk about Ougi as she intrigues me, she's a mystery and I don't expect anyone (of the non-manga readers at least) to understand her character but if anyone has anything to add to help me understand her character better I'd like to hear it.

While Ougi s obviously some sort of apparition (she claims to be Oshino's niece, but Kaiki rejects that idea that as Oshino has no known family), Ougi just seems more like a god in that universe than anything else as she's omniscient and what she says goes. e.g. She has a habit of changing peoples memories, whatever she tells them they believe. Like how in 'Suruga Devil' Ougi appears as a boy in front of Suruga then convinces her she was always a boy just by saying so.

Honestly though, I can't even think of Ougi as an actual character, just as a plot device. She doesn't do anything other than move the story along or provide the characters with the information to do so. I do however hope there's more to Ougi than that, and that her character gets explained at some point.

The nature of the apparitions is that, they "only appear". I not think she can manipulate memories, It's more like a type of intense persuasion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2015 9:26 PM

May 2009
Sweec said:
What's with "Araragi, I'm going to pass out as well. I trust you with the rest."?!!! LMAO

She is supposedly a sick girl
Oct 12, 2015 11:16 PM

Dec 2014
i must watch the episode twice to know what it mean.

i want know what feeling about who translate this anime.
Oct 13, 2015 12:51 AM
Jan 2015
Hitagi knocked her the f*** out

God I love this series
My Queens

Oct 13, 2015 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
LeviathanTheEsp said:
I was surprised by Sodachi's face after stabbing Araragi with the pen... that was unexpected. Does she really hate him? Even if she hates him, she seems to regret about her violent acts... or she had just seen Senjougahara.

nah her face was already like that the second she stabbed him plus Araragi was first person to see Hitagi…if u rewatch the scene u will see the positioning of each character.

she probably felt that she went to far
Oct 13, 2015 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
Amazing ep, love my Hitagi
For some reason I can't despise Oikura, probably because I know what's it to hate someone that much

One thing I want to point about the OPs for this season is that they don't feel that much like a character song like the OPs from the other seasons, not lyric wise, it's kinda hard to explain. But as an example when we have the yotsugi op, Saori Hayama was doing the yotsugi voice, but it doesn't feel like Marina Inoue is singing with Oikura's voice, same with Ougi's OP, eventhough it could be considered a more playfull tone but I just can't see Ougi with such a sweet voice. It doesn't feel like the characters are singing it.

Idk why I even give attention to that
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 13, 2015 12:07 PM

Jun 2015
Stoneburner said:

Or maybe im right before when I said shes the personality of that darkness that gobbled up best girl (hachikuji)

Oct 13, 2015 1:57 PM

Sep 2014
Bring back the long-haired Gahara-san !
Oct 13, 2015 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
Oh man, Marina Inoue is doing a really great job voicing Oikura. Her hatred scene was crazy and just shows how messed up she has become because of Araragi. When she stabbed Araragi with the pencil I was like 'oh shit'. Then Senjougahara showed up and I was like 'omfg you're so done!' xD

That was a great scene with Senjougahara and Oikura facing each other and trading blows. Ougi sure knows a lot about Araragi. This series is definitely very intriguing. Inkling Girl appearing in the Powerpuff Girl style during the Monty Hall scene was a great Splatoon reference. Also, that OP sounds so great but those trippy mirror visuals. xD
5/5
Oct 13, 2015 7:35 PM

Jul 2014
moodie said:
LeviathanTheEsp said:

nah her face was already like that the second she stabbed him plus Araragi was first person to see Hitagi…if u rewatch the scene u will see the positioning of each character.

she probably felt that she went to far
Yup, when I wrote that I hadn't rewatched the episode (By now I have watched it like 3 times).

But the second she stabbed Araragi her face was scary (It seemed like a psychopath).

But to think she went too far, I think she cannot hate Araragi as much as it seems... I mean, if someone killed my parents the least I would do would be stabbing them with pens...
Oct 14, 2015 9:18 AM

Oct 2014
What the hell? Do you even math Koyomi? Or just I don't get it?
http://imgur.com/DNVKdmI
Oct 14, 2015 9:31 AM

Jan 2015
Kropiciel said:

Lol, it doesn't make sense
Oct 14, 2015 9:35 AM

Oct 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Kropiciel said:

Right? Even if the last symbol was supposed to be alpha, it isn't right.
And even if the symbol is something different, it should be clearly stated that it equals something, or just w^2 - 1 so everyone could see this is correct. Even though it's just 2 second frame, for me as a 3rd year uni studying math it's very important mistake and lowers the rating in my head for this episode
Oct 14, 2015 1:40 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, Senjougahara slugged Oikura.
Oct 14, 2015 7:16 PM

Jul 2014
Kropiciel said:
Xenocrisi said:

And even if the symbol is something different, it should be clearly stated that it equals something, or just w^2 - 1 so everyone could see this is correct. Even though it's just 2 second frame, for me as a 3rd year uni studying math it's very important mistake and lowers the rating in my head for this episode

Well, perhaps he´s looking for a solution of that form. Or the intersection of these curves (I'm trying to be optimistic, and without the written explanation it could be anything) (This with the h=α).
Oct 15, 2015 2:04 PM

Oct 2014
LeviathanTheEsp said:
Kropiciel said:

Well, perhaps he´s looking for a solution of that form. Or the intersection of these curves (I'm trying to be optimistic, and without the written explanation it could be anything) (This with the h=α).

I don't even know what those graphs are. The fact is that he moved his hand away in a way (hehe, that word play!) saying "I'm done, that's the final answer". But in manga "Love Hina" there was something from trigonometry that was totally wrong, so I guess mistakes happen. But in monogatari series? I would want to believe it didn't happen
Oct 16, 2015 7:13 PM

Jun 2014
Araragi's parents are police officers?

How'd he not get arrested for lolicon and incest yet?

Maybe that's why this is Owarimonogatari, cuz his ass finally gets sent to prison and that's the end.
Oct 18, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
I'm really curious to discover the past of Araragi and motivations that underlie the hatred Twintails. Indisputable recall at some souls, but he was not alone, if we analyze well the narrative. This time seems to have flown in a flash the episode, oh well.
I almost, I begin to review the entire saga Monogatari.
Oct 18, 2015 4:21 PM

Jun 2009
Ougi is creeping me out more and more as the story unfolds... She looks helpul but daaaaamn that feeling of unease around her...
Oct 18, 2015 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
64SuperNintendo said:
Boring as always.

Well, the quality is consistent. That's good.

However, the show was shit-tier in the first place. That's bad.

The animation is good. That's good.

However, I don't rate shows based on animation quality, but rather, based on entertainment value. That's bad.

2/5

I have the feeling that you only make these kind of posts to stand out. If this show was universally disliked you wouldn't even bother.

Sad isn't it? It's okay, here's some much needed attention.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 18, 2015 6:10 PM

Jul 2014
Infatuate said:
64SuperNintendo said:
Boring as always.

However, I don't rate shows based on animation quality, but rather, based on entertainment value. That's bad.

2/5

I have the feeling that you only make these kind of posts to stand out. If this show was universally disliked you wouldn't even bother.

Yes, you found me out.

All I care about is getting attention from having different preferences than other people, and I wouldn't post in these threads if the show was negatively received.

That's why I posted in the Pupa threads, because everyone totally loves that show, and I was just posting negatively in those because I so desperately seek attention. You found me out, I should be ashamed of myself.
Oct 19, 2015 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
64SuperNintendo said:
Infatuate said:

Yes, you found me out.

All I care about is getting attention from having different preferences than other people, and I wouldn't post in these threads if the show was negatively received.

That's why I posted in the Pupa threads, because everyone totally loves that show, and I was just posting negatively in those because I so desperately seek attention. You found me out, I should be ashamed of myself.

Well, you can do all the shit you want. But I really believe that watching all the seasons of an anime you dislike is just wasting time.

Btw great episode. I love how everything is exaggerated when its on the Araragi point of view, and the mystery in this season is just awesome and better when comparing to the other seasons(maybe because I can't marathon now, I really don't know).
Oct 22, 2015 8:02 PM

Nov 2012
I'm glad I caught that Splatoon reference from the get-go. Why does it feel like Oikura likes Araragi?
Oct 23, 2015 2:35 AM

Jun 2015
That mini Esher adventure!
:)
Oct 25, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
Senjougahara's punch!!! Lol at that damage. Hahahaha TOO OP! xD
Oct 30, 2015 11:10 AM
Jan 2010
64SuperNintendo said:
lockyy said:

Drop it now, because if you didn't enjoy this one, you most likely won't enjoy the rest as well as all the other seasons. Its not for everyone, and its completely understandable. I personally love it from animation to the story telling. But then again some just find it boring.

damn what a fucking attentionwhore lol
Oct 30, 2015 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
StardustReverie said:
64SuperNintendo said:

damn what a fucking attentionwhore lol

Oct 30, 2015 3:08 PM

Jun 2008
64SuperNintendo said:
Boring as always.

2/5

It's all relative I suppose....

But one of the main reasons why I LOVE the Monogatari franchise is due to all the engaging and almost hypnotic dialogue the characters have.

Aside from Katanagatari (no relation to Monogatari of course) I don't know any other show that can make two characters talk to each other so intriguing.
Oct 30, 2015 4:04 PM

Jul 2014
JustALEX said:
64SuperNintendo said:
Boring as always.

2/5

It's all relative I suppose....

But one of the main reasons why I LOVE the Monogatari franchise is due to all the engaging and almost hypnotic dialogue the characters have.

Aside from Katanagatari (no relation to Monogatari of course) I don't know any other show that can make two characters talk to each other so intriguing.

I highly disagree, but to each their own.
Nov 1, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2014
The Power of Hate...is a curious thing. That's the Power of Hate! Ep 2.

Plot: Oikura Sodachi returns. And she f*king hates Koyomi due to him not knowing the cause of his happiness. Later he investigates the source of her hate with Ougi and soon more of the origin of Koyomi Araragi will be revealed.

Character: Whooo boy. THat's a lotta hate in Sodachi. But as expected it was interesting to know what can set a person off to hate so much.

When Koyomi got stabbed I was like, "Oh snap. You shouldnta don-" then Senjougahara showed up. "Oh sh%t! I was right! It's on now!"

Animation/sound: Mathemagics was a fun little thing. The weird movement with the shapes and the inversions were mathematical to look at. The part that caught my eye was when Sodachi was sitting on Araragi's chair and whispering things into his ear. That tells alot about what the mystery can be about and how the relationship may have been back then.

Sodachi's meltdown was hilarious and kinda scary.

4/5. It was funny, creepy, and drawing me closer into the mystery.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

191 by SouthRzVa »»
Sep 14, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

125 by SouthRzVa »»
Sep 3, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

132 by SouthRzVa »»
Aug 31, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

128 by SouthRzVa »»
Aug 30, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

133 by SouthRzVa »»
Aug 26, 10:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.