3It was OK
0.0%
2Disliked it
18.2%
1Hated it
9.1%
Average 3.9
11 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2013 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Turn it up a notch and do it in the gym's storeroom while the (basketball?) team is training, why don't you!?

Oniku-chan sure is EMERGING into quite the Masochistonster. :|

I just can't wait for Yume to re-emerge/transform into that hideous beast once more! XD
LunaApr 11, 2013 11:59 PM
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Apr 12, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
I am really disappointed with this.

It's giving off major Dokuro-chan vibes. Making it brutally violent and painful.. but also sugar coating it, making him into some sort of weird perverted creep who enjoys it. What the fuck? Literally, he enjoys it because she is.. moe? Come the fuck on.

And Moe imouto-chan's guilt is all gone now. What the fuck is up with that?

They could really have expanded the whole aspect of him suffering incredible torment and sacrifice, and her suffering incredible guilt, making both characters a lot more sympathetic, and therefore relatable and making the audience care more about them. But nope. Gotta add little chibi faces and flowers to make it super kawaii moe moe.

And then what the fuck is up with his friends? This kid has literally been abused by his father, has a glaring scar on his fucking face, as well as all over his body, and they just casually nonchalantly bring up his father in conversation saying "I don't think it's a good idea to concern yourself by that type of person." ... umm, what the fuck? Who the fuck would say that? The guy fucking abused them, and still does. "Concern" yourself? And where the hell are the police in this?

And then the oh so kawaii scene where she friend grabs her boobs. Gotta have that in there. Character development. *sigh*

This so far has been extremely off-putting. I really feared that it would go down the rout of facetious pain and suffering, making it all cutesy and moe. I can't tell if it's supposed to be sympathetic, funny, horrifying, cute, or what. It's just..awkward, unrealistic, and annoying.

I'm not sure how I feel about the anime any more.
Apr 13, 2013 9:54 AM

Mar 2008
I really love it and I don't mind the moe bits. Although the cutesy-ness is a little off putting against such an unorthodox plot. I think he could becoming a masochist. He could be mixing pain with pleasure. Our brains do weird things under duress.
Apr 14, 2013 6:44 AM

Oct 2010
Red_Keys said:
I am really disappointed with this.

Someone else's disappointment is (like) music to my ears. ;p

Red_Keys said:
It's giving off major Dokuro-chan vibes. Making it brutally violent and painful.. but also sugar coating it, making him into some sort of weird perverted creep who enjoys it. What the fuck? Literally, he enjoys it because she is.. moe? Come the fuck on.

Dokuro-chan as in the brutally cute slapstick series? Well, it doesn't really matter. What matters though is the likeliness that he was already quite the masochist long before all this imoeto-cannibalism even began. He simply enjoys being hurt as proven by how he would solely meet their father every once in a while to get their allowance if nothing more than to become his personal punching bag, seeing to it that his imoeto would be out of harms way. In short, he’s already been sacrificing himself—absorbing every ounce of pain and punishment for his sister for a very long time now.

His finding his imoeto to be extremely cute all the while she's eating him is nothing more than some sort of 'rewarding' feeling for him and the sacrifices that he's been constantly making. I mean, what do you want him to do-- focus his mind on the goddamn excruciating pain he must be feeling? He'd rather think of nicer stuff-- such as focusing of how extremely happy his imoeto appears/looks as she sinks her teeth into his flesh-- in ways of reducing the suffering if by even only a little.

Red_Keys said:
And Moe imouto-chan's guilt is all gone now. What the fuck is up with that?

I wouldn’t say it’s all gone. Simply put her hunger must be more prevalent-- 'dominantly consuming' than whatever guilt she’s feeling. She just can’t help it if her being/having emerged into a monster has become like a second nature to her—prioritizing her hunger over everything else.

Red_Keys said:
They could really have expanded the whole aspect of him suffering incredible torment and sacrifice, and her suffering incredible guilt, making both characters a lot more sympathetic, and therefore relatable and making the audience care more about them. But nope. Gotta add little chibi faces and flowers to make it super kawaii moe moe.

It’s cheap/inferior (writing) all right, but let’s not forget—it was labeled as 'shounen' for a reason.

Red_Keys said:
And then what the fuck is up with his friends? This kid has literally been abused by his father, has a glaring scar on his fucking face, as well as all over his body, and they just casually nonchalantly bring up his father in conversation saying "I don't think it's a good idea to concern yourself by that type of person." ... umm, what the fuck? Who the fuck would say that? The guy fucking abused them, and still does. "Concern" yourself? And where the hell are the police in this?

Wrong choice of words perhaps? Under the context, concern would likely mean involve as in “stay away from that man”. Otherwise, I’d agree that it’s not exactly the greatest advice a friend could give-- as if he doesn’t realize that himself already.

At any rate, you’re naïve if you think the authorities would believe the word of a child over the word of his/her parent(s), esp with the seemingly respectable-enough father that they have, and let alone without so much as an evidence. Needless to say that his glaring scar is nothing more than circumstantial (evidence) even if it’s a fact that his father was the one who caused it without any reliable witnesses (who isn't his sister).

If I have to analyze and read into it any further, it’s either they’re that afraid of their father and what he’s capable of doing to them should they do report him, or that they worry on how they would support themselves financially without him or if he was ever to be incarcerated.

Red_Keys said:
And then the oh so kawaii scene where she friend grabs her boobs. Gotta have that in there. Character development. *sigh*

As they say-- the plot thickens. Lmao XD

Red_Keys said:
This so far has been extremely off-putting. I really feared that it would go down the rout of facetious pain and suffering, making it all cutesy and moe. I can't tell if it's supposed to be sympathetic, funny, horrifying, cute, or what. It's just..awkward, unrealistic, and annoying.

To reiterate, it’s a seinen concept in a shounen presentation and therefore one could only expect the expected. You would simply have decide on how you’re going to approach reading/watching it. Personally, I would agree that it’s a mixed bag of sorts genre-wise, but after getting a feel of its first 3 chapters, I’ve decided to continue reading it with utter disregard of pathos, or to be precise—I’m reading it to satisfy no more than my sadistic tendencies.

Red_Keys said:
I'm not sure how I feel about the anime any more.

You really must have had such high hopes when you first heard of this, didn’t you? Personally, I could give a rat’s ass about the anime as I have no intention of ever watching it.

Look what you've done-- you pretty much scared off other potential 'posters/commenters' with your outburst. ;p Normally, I would absolutely agree with most of what you've pointed out, but since it's come to this, I need to give some semblance of hope for those who might still be interested in continuing with reading this series. ;_;
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Apr 20, 2013 9:14 AM

Feb 2012
^Geez, how long did it take you to write all that?

"... until I'm gone", what exactly did he mean, natural death or is he going to die soonish?
Jul 21, 2013 6:21 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
Making it brutally violent and painful.. but also sugar coating it, making him into some sort of weird perverted creep who enjoys it. What the fuck? Literally, he enjoys it because she is.. moe? Come the fuck on.

I can't tell if it's supposed to be sympathetic, funny, horrifying, cute, or what. It's just..awkward, unrealistic, and annoying.

I know what you mean. I felt it was weird that he can withstand the pain just because after she feeds on him, she looks like she just had sex. No but seriously, that's what the description sounded like. He is definitely some kind of masochistic pervert. I see why now this is labeled shounen, because of the random "comedy," which makes me feel uncomfortable because eating another human and causing excruciating pain to someone close to you is a pretty serious issue but then that comedy...
Sep 20, 2013 11:32 PM

Nov 2011
I find the feeding scenes to be quite disturbing to be honest. Oh and for some reason, I laughed at the 50% sales off thing related to the meat sale.
Sep 20, 2013 11:41 PM
Sep 2013
this manga looks pretty much like a shit who someone puke on it.
Dec 8, 2013 8:07 PM
Dec 2012
I'm actually liking this manga...
Dec 8, 2013 8:11 PM
Dec 2012
a1oner said:
Look what you've done-- you pretty much scared off other potential 'posters/commenters' with your outburst. ;p Normally, I would absolutely agree with most of what you've pointed out, but since it's come to this, I need to give some semblance of hope for those who might still be interested in continuing with reading this series. ;_;

Well count me in, I plan on reading this until the end.
I actually like reading this...
it's おもしろい。。。 (interesting).
Dec 28, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2011
Really? He is enjoying being eaten by his sister?

Who is that guy? It seems that things will get more interesting.
Jan 2, 2014 2:10 PM

Dec 2008
The pain of being eaten has driven Utsutsu insane and has him thinking that he enjoys it. That's the only excuse I'll accept.

Looks like Yume's going to get to eat a different meal in the next chapter.
Jan 23, 2014 3:18 PM

Feb 2011
Besides the silliness of this chapter , i'm curious to find out who was the old lady at the end of the chapter.
Jan 23, 2014 3:23 PM

Feb 2011
Besides the silliness of this chapter , I'm curious to see who's the old lady at the end.
Nov 3, 2014 9:08 AM

Dec 2012
It looks like Maria really would be a positive character at the end, but I wonder who this agressive woman is...
May 15, 2022 11:31 AM

Jan 2017
Why can't I make friends who grab my boobs randomly~

This chapter was interesting but they are being too light on both the perversion and gore. One page is not enough for me.

More topics from this board

» Pupa: manga vs. anime

Dr_Buttersworth - Nov 1, 2017

8 by mertsi »»
Sep 25, 2023 11:32 AM

» this isn't 34 chapters long

MahoShojoEnjoyer - Dec 9, 2022

1 by TheColdMayor »»
Jan 3, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Pupa Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2013

7 by sourfrog »»
May 15, 2022 1:20 PM

Poll: » Pupa Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

4 by sourfrog »»
May 15, 2022 1:10 PM

Poll: » Pupa Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

6 by sourfrog »»
May 15, 2022 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.