3It was OK
27.3%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
11 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2011 11:29 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The last love song... nice.. the ending was both happy and sad.
Nov 11, 2012 11:40 PM

Jan 2012
it had a great balance of everything. There is nothing that I can complain about from this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2015 9:55 PM

Aug 2013
What a peculiar ending. That pretty much came out of nowhere.

I felt a sensation of déjà vu as I read parts of this last chapter.
Perhaps a few of the lines of dialogue and panels were used earlier.
Aug 6, 2015 4:54 PM

Jan 2014
Wonderful manga :)
Aug 1, 2017 3:46 PM
Jul 2017
Yeah, the ending was sad, yet happy in a sense. Shuji is still alive at the end of the story, despite now being the last surviving human on a now destroyed Earth (said planet didn't blow up, its surface is mostly destroyed with the rest of the human race (ALL surviving humans on Earth), except Shuji, dead and quite possibly animals)

Hell, Chise is also still alive at the end of the story as well, even though she no longer has her human form, and has turned herself into a giant, but transparent spaceship? I mean, we are SHOWN that Chise is still alive since she, in the form of a ball of light, talks to Shuji when he's inside her ship form. The question is, what happened to her original body? Why can she not change back to her human form? Why did she turn herself into a spaceship? I would like more clarification on what happened to Chise and why caused her to be in the form that she was in at the end of the story.

I mean, from what Chise stated to Shuji in her spaceship form (and her diary entries), she wiped out the rest of the surviving human race in order to spare them from dying slowly with Earth, which was already on the verge of dying due to the war in the story, likely World War III. Did she actually wiped out the entire surviving human race?

I hope that someone can answer my questions about the Chise and Shuji in the final chapter. Was Shuji hallucinating when he saw a lot of dead bodies in the field of corpses? We saw him pass out on the hill, where there was still buildings and it was raining. Hope for some answers soon...
Aug 6, 2019 1:51 PM
Nov 2015
Este tipo de finales extremistas estilo, somos los únicos en el mundo son tristes, porque al final fue por egoísmo, no me gusto el final, debió terminar mucho antes porque ahora cargan con el pesar de que todas las muertes desde amigos y familiares fue por ellos, los mataron o dejaron morir, debía ser un final silencioso no se sobrevivencia la imagen de chise deja aún más solo a Shuji, pudo tener un mejor final, ya que todos iban a morir al final pero extrminante pudo ser una opción, amé todo el manga y su desarrollo estuvo muy bien, pero ese final... de espacio y existencia misma no me gustó para nada, al final estan “juntos” porque chise ya no es ni ente o presencia de arma solo su “escencia” pero tampoco sólo una imagen estilo holografía ahí... shuji quedó solo. Ambos abandonaron todo lo que tenian.
Apr 2, 2022 10:51 PM

May 2020
Quite the sad ending. Shuji being the last human and all. At least he gets to have virtual sex with Chise’s hologram until he inevitably dies of starvation.

Overall, this was a pretty depressing manga to get through. I found the portrayal of the relationships this to be interesting and kind of frustrating, which makes it kind of realistic I guess. Although I do feel like Shuji’s horniness borders on the excessive side. I also found some of the initial drama during the early chapters to be a bit forced, since it seemed like the author went out of his way to not let Chise and Shuji not communicate important things and manufacture tension.

I do wish we had gotten a little more background on the world that the characters inhabit, even if the that’s not really the focus of the story.

More topics from this board

» Manga vs anime?

Neostorm-X - Mar 7, 2023

7 by Quintessence »»
Sep 5, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » SaiKano Chapter 8 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Sep 4, 2011

2 by AngelMoncada »»
Aug 4, 2020 11:11 AM

Poll: » SaiKano Chapter 15 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Sep 4, 2011

2 by sddsdd »»
Jun 2, 2015 3:39 AM

Poll: » SaiKano Chapter 71 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Sep 6, 2011

1 by StevenHu »»
Jan 2, 2015 9:35 PM

Poll: » SaiKano Chapter 70 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Sep 6, 2011

1 by StevenHu »»
Jan 2, 2015 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.